Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance - can I pay by monthly DD?

• 14-09-2014 3:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I got a quote for my audi a4 of €3000 is this annual or monthly can anyone confirm

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Harter101 wrote: »
    I got a quote for my audi a4 of €3000 is this annual or monthly can anyone confirm

OP we hopefully assume you don't believe your insurance will be 3000 a month. Do you mean can you pay this in monthly installments? If so, speak with your insurer and they can tell you if it is a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Harter101

BuffyBot wrote: »
    OP we hopefully assume you don't believe your insurance will be 3000 a month. Do you mean can you pay this in monthly installments? If so, speak with your insurer and they can tell you if it is a possibility.

Yes I'd like to pay monthly but I'd like to know over how many months is this the insurance company where very unclear

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

I don't hold high hopes for your driving skills if you're stumbling over this kind of thing with insurance companies. You know when you got the quote, you could have asked them which is what you will have to do anyway as each insurance company runs things slightly different from other insurance companies.

IF you are going by direct debit, the insurance company will want an upfront initial deposit. For some it's 2 months amount, others it's a specific sum such as €150 or €200. You need to ask them.

Then the monthly payments are usually for 8, 9 or 10 months length. It depends on the insurance company you're with. So to know for sure, you really need to ask them on the phone.

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

In all fairness the title of your post says "car" (not very clear its about insurance). The way it was phrased was "do they want me to pay e3000 per month or annually".

It totally depends on your insurer. If you are young/starting a policy, Ive heard of insurance companies asking for the whole amount up front. I think your best bet is to ask them. If you do have to pay that amount up front, it might also be worth asking them how many years do you need to be with them to get it onto monthly or half yearly payments.

Advertisement