Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vernon God Little

• 16-09-2015 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,579 ✭✭✭✭

Play based on DBC Pierre's award winning book, The Decadent Theatre company managed to tell what's a different and difficult subject ( a Texan high school shooting )with humour and clarity.
    There's a 3 piece band accompanying the 8 member cast-7 of whom have more than 1 character to play.
    I read the book -which wasn't always an easy read- and was curious as to how it would transfer to the stage.
    Really enjoyed it and the music added to the humour (so necessary considering the serious nature of the play)and
    to the darkness where appropriate.

Highly recommended.

http://decadenttheatrecompany.ie/vernon-god-little-tour-dates

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

I saw it last night at the Everyman Palace Theatre in Cork.

What a production!!!

The performers were so energetic. The band were amazing and not just background music but a huge part of the show.

I want to sing it's praise from the highest hill - but I don't want to give anything away, as I didn't know the story - or what to expect - and it was just brilliant.

I have to commend the actor playing Vernon, he was fantastic.

The audience loved it and I hope it returns to the Everyman in the near future.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,579 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Wasn't it just fab?
    I really want to see it again - glad someone else enjoyed it.:)

Advertisement