Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"Fly me to the Moon " at the Gaiety, Dublin

Options
  • 06-09-2015 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Just wondering what anyone thought of this comedy production. Came 100 km to see it with my wife and have to say we walked out during the interval. The two actors were not connected with the audience and as far as a comedy goes it was far from being funny. We were not to only one to walk out. It was a sensitive subject about a man dying as one of the carers was late, he had a bet that won, something along the lines of the film "Waking Ned" but that is about as far as the comparison can go. The film was a treat whilst this comedy was a bore, certainly did not live up to the comments allegedly attributed to it in the advertisements.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Just wondering what anyone thought of this comedy production. Came 100 km to see it with my wife and have to say we walked out during the interval. The two actors were not connected with the audience and as far as a comedy goes it was far from being funny. We were not to only one to walk out. It was a sensitive subject about a man dying as one of the carers was late, he had a bet that won, something along the lines of the film "Waking Ned" but that is about as far as the comparison can go. The film was a treat whilst this comedy was a bore, certainly did not live up to the comments allegedly attributed to it in the advertisements.

This might not quite be the thread for this,I think theres a theatre thread.Who were the actors in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭kittytwister

Katie Tumelty and Tara Lynne O'Neill. Saw on today's Indo critic Emer O'Kelly slated it, stating exactly how we felt.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭kittytwister

Anyone at this show? Travelled 200 km in total as I thought my wife might enjoy it. Bored is an understatement, I read Emer O'Kelly's review in today's Sunday Independent....her view of the show echoes exactly how we felt...conned out of 51 euros by dubious advertising

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

This is the magic of theatre, I find some shows tedious, others I love. The people I tend to go to a show with will never have the same reaction to me, which makes the interval chat and the post theatre drink fascinating to hear their take on any given show.

You weren't conned out of anything, the show just wasn't to your taste.

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Threads Merged

• Advertisement
Advertisement