Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Huawei b593s-22

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

I'd trust the information on the second link more so than the first link. The first site looks like a scraper site based on the huge number of links stuck at the bottom of each page, so its bot probably grabbed incorrect details.

As your YouTube app info mentions VP9, then I'm sure it's using VP9. ;)

The following shows an example from my PC in Firefox where it uses the MP4 (H264) codec. Here I forced the demo clip into 4K mode even though my monitor is only 1080p capable:

0IvWbEB.png

The connection speed shown is the Internet speed YouTube measured as it received data from the server.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

editorsean wrote: »
    I'd trust the information on the second link more so than the first link. The first site looks like a scraper site based on the huge number of links stuck at the bottom of each page, so its bot probably grabbed incorrect details.

As your YouTube app info mentions VP9, then I'm sure it's using VP9. ;)

The following shows an example from my PC in Firefox where it uses the MP4 (H264) codec. Here I forced the demo clip into 4K mode even though my monitor is only 1080p capable:

0IvWbEB.png

The connection speed shown is the Internet speed YouTube measured as it received data from the server.

Thank for that ;-)

Hey all,
    Where is the best place to be an antenna for this router? I don't want an external one, just one or two that I can attach to the back of it. It looks like I can just open the cover and screw on two if needed.

Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 15,819 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

How can I read text messages ? The dashboard shows 3 messages but clicking on it does nothing & there is no sms option in the left menu.

Discodog wrote: »
    How can I read text messages ? The dashboard shows 3 messages but clicking on it does nothing & there is no sms option in the left menu.

You need to go to the 'Services' tab\link in the top menu and you should find them in there. I am not in front of the router now but I have been able to access my messages many times on it.

Thanks,
    M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Here's the default URLs

192.168.1.1 or http://homerouter.cpe/ - for the router homepage.

http://homerouter.cpe/html/sms/message.asp - for SMS messages.

Hi all,
    I was abler to make phone calls with my Three SIM in the router up until a few days ago. Now when I try to ring anyone I get a dial tone but the number never rings out and goes to a busy tone. Have tried many times and the numbers are definitely not busy all the time!?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,819 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

madmoe wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I was abler to make phone calls with my Three SIM in the router up until a few days ago. Now when I try to ring anyone I get a dial tone but the number never rings out and goes to a busy tone. Have tried many times and the numbers are definitely not busy all the time!?

I have just got the same & cured it by restarting the router.

Is there any option for call forwarding ?

Discodog wrote: »
    I have just got the same & cured it by restarting the router.

Is there any option for call forwarding ?

Did you do a full reset on it in order to get the calls working? I don't know anything about call forwarding to be honest mate.

Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭magher

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

magher wrote: »

This listing (HUAWEI-B593-NEW-FACTORY-UNLOCKED-4G-LTE-Mobile-Broadband-Router-150-Mbit-s-) has been removed, or this item isn't available.

So the answer is yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,576 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Bought an e5186 from this guy. Used condition router works fine.

One thing though I did replace the original power adapter with my own as the cable was a bit worn and flickered power. Once replaced it was brand new.

Absolute bargain at these Prices and yes it's unlocked

Note this is not the e5186 but since its this thread

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/282054876209

my3cents wrote: »
    This listing (HUAWEI-B593-NEW-FACTORY-UNLOCKED-4G-LTE-Mobile-Broadband-Router-150-Mbit-s-) has been removed, or this item isn't available.

So the answer is yes.

Sorry link got truncated

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/HUAWEI-B593-NEW-FACTORY-UNLOCKED-4G-LTE-Mobile-Broadband-Router-150-Mbit-s-/182233273524

listermint wrote: »
    Bought an e5186 from this guy. Used condition router works fine.

One thing though I did replace the original power adapter with my own as the cable was a bit worn and flickered power. Once replaced it was brand new.

Absolute bargain at these Prices and yes it's unlocked

Note this is not the e5186 but since its this thread

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/282054876209

Did you have to pay customs?

my3cents wrote: »

Thanks, so it seems the only major difference is lack of support for the 2600MHz band in B593s-12, which is not in use in Ireland ATM anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

Thanks, so it seems the only major difference is lack of support for the 2600MHz band in B593s-12, which is not in use in Ireland ATM anyway

No- that is if the router would be u-12... the one you are looking at is a s-12 and you will find no reference to this model anywhere, and especially not on the huawei site.

I bought one of these on Ebay as well and works perfectly here . It looks new just not in original box and comes with a EU plug- so have an adapter ready.

So- the only difference with the s-22 that is relevant here (as far as I can tell) is that this one doesn't have the phone ports. Although I did read somewhere that the they are there just inside the platic box, as I don't need them I didn't go breaking off the cover to find out.

They are advertised with these frequencies
    LTE 800 MHz
    LTE 1800/2600 MHz

Works for me on VF and Meteor, didn't try 3 as no coverage here

If you look on ebay for "Telekom Speedport LTE II /2 Huawei B593s-12 300 Mbit/s Router Simlockfrei f alle" you will find the one I got and that is €48 +€18 P&P. It is an absolute steal and the seller dispatches almost immediately.

I did need an external antenna and got one on amazon for another €50 or so, but now I do have 30Mb/s + download speeds as opposed to 5-10 without antenna.

Hope this helps... and if you are not in a hurry, mine will hopefully become redundant next month if Imagine works for me....

No- the one you linked comes from Poland and the one I pointed at is from Germany. No customs charge as both ship from EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,576 ✭✭✭✭listermint

There was no customs the package got delivered an post.

It was from Kuwait so technically some should have been on it i suppose.

But i paid literally about 28% the price of a new one.

I cant fault it. few marks on the casing from use but who cares.

one of these puppies

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282144564546

Hey all,
    For the last few days I am unable to make WhatsApp calls.....in the sense that it rings and then gets stuck in the connecting stage but never actually connects? I can make calls fine when I switch to 4G? Should I reset the router and see? Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks,
    M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

No- that is if the router would be u-12... the one you are looking at is a s-12 and you will find no reference to this model anywhere, and especially not on the huawei site.

I bought one of these on Ebay as well and works perfectly here . It looks new just not in original box and comes with a EU plug- so have an adapter ready.

So- the only difference with the s-22 that is relevant here (as far as I can tell) is that this one doesn't have the phone ports. Although I did read somewhere that the they are there just inside the platic box, as I don't need them I didn't go breaking off the cover to find out.

They are advertised with these frequencies
    LTE 800 MHz
    LTE 1800/2600 MHz

Works for me on VF and Meteor, didn't try 3 as no coverage here

If you look on ebay for "Telekom Speedport LTE II /2 Huawei B593s-12 300 Mbit/s Router Simlockfrei f alle" you will find the one I got and that is €48 +€18 P&P. It is an absolute steal and the seller dispatches almost immediately.

I did need an external antenna and got one on amazon for another €50 or so, but now I do have 30Mb/s + download speeds as opposed to 5-10 without antenna.

Hope this helps... and if you are not in a hurry, mine will hopefully become redundant next month if Imagine works for me....
    What antenna did you buy for it? Thanks

What antenna did you buy for it? Thanks

Poynting XPOL A0001. Didn't make a lot of difference in the amount of bars (none actually) but increased speeds a lot.

It comes with suckers for on the window, which are not useless as stated by other posters... I put it on the window twice, once outside and then inside (in order to be able to close the window, speeds are slightly lower when inside). The suckers have now been stuck at least 2 months..

The only downside to the antenna I bought is that the cable it comes with is only 5 meters. I am pretty sure if I had a longer cable and could put the antenna on chimney it would have even higher speeds...the higher the better. I am sure you could get the antenna with longer cables though..

I was going to get someone to fix it as high as possible on my house taking the 5 meters cable into account, but if all goes well I will be switching to Imagine next month and I will let them do the hard work for their antenna.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭niallb

You lose signal strength quite quickly if you extend the antenna cable too much.
    Better to try to get the router as close to the chimney as possible and take it from there over ethernet.

I've one of these too and find the suckers stay put for months on end if you clean the window before putting them on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭niallb

... (Double posted)

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mikefitzs

Anyone got a link for the Huawei original firmware, I want to unlock and debrand my B593s-22 it's on Three but I'd like to utilise the phone line s on it.

Just a passenger

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

Currently I've got my 4G dongle sticking above the roof of my shed to get a good signal

Would the b539 work OK in a waterproof plastic box on a corrugated roof? Does it run hot?

long_b wrote: »
    Currently I've got my 4G dongle sticking above the roof of my shed to get a good signal

Would the b539 work OK in a waterproof plastic box on a corrugated roof? Does it run hot?

You can keep it inside and attach external antenna.

Just a passenger

long_b wrote: »

I forgot to mention, this modem is very good where there is a weak signal, one of the best in fact. I have it left inside the window, I used to have the old type usb modems hanging outside the window.

Just a passenger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

Anyone know what's the latest version of firmware?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭bossdrum

Anyone else having trouble connecting to the hilink app?

It says 'no huawei routers found'

Advertisement