Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Seating in the Gaiety Theatre

Options
  • 03-09-2009 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭

hey folks, can anyone give me advice on where is best to sit in the Gaeity Theatre? The production I want to see is charging:

Dress circle -60
    Grand Circle - 50
    Parterre - 55-60
    Upper Circle - 35-45

I'd normally assume it goes best to worst based on price? Never been to the Gaeity Theatre so any advice appreciated. It's for Chicago. If best seats in house 60 then I don't mind paying it, but if there is little difference then why pay more. Some say some productions are better the further back you are. Anyway thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Oh how i hate going to the Gaiety. Possibly one of the most uncomfortable theatres in Ireland.

Dress Circle is my preference. Seat comfort is awful in every section unless you have a box of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Anyone else have any thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Best seats in the house are Dress Circle rows A and B, seats 10(ish) to 20(ish). After that, I'd go for Parterre row C, D or E, seats 8(ish) to 18(ish). If you're gonna go for the Grand Circle, you'll want row A or B from around seat 12 to 20 but the best seats would certainly be the middle of the Dress (as I've mentioned above).

I work in the theatre, you see. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I work in the theatre, you see. :)

Will the seating plan and seats ever be improved? There is more leg room on a Ryanair flight! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Theatrebuff

Dress Circle the best. Great show and you will want to see the dancing so go for the best seats

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Waited too long to book and ended up with Row P or something in parterre. Ah well, can't be that bad I hope!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

faceman wrote: »
    Will the seating plan and seats ever be improved? There is more leg room on a Ryanair flight! :(

It's actually worsened in the last few years. There used to be an aisle down the middle of the ground floor but they got rid of it and put in more seats. Terrible idea, comfort-wise.
    tommy21 wrote: »
    Waited too long to book and ended up with Row P or something in parterre. Ah well, can't be that bad I hope!

Row P ain't bad. Anywhere on the Parterre is grand, as long as it's not restricted view.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Hi I got tickets to river dance DRESS CIRCLE seats row A 5&6 seats are they any good thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,531 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Apologies for bringing up an old thread but was looking to book Snow White and was wondering what is row c like in the grand circle like for kids

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

I went to Snow White myself at the weekend its not the best panto they ever put on..... Its actually quiet lacking. Where in row c are you going to sit. I was in row B seats 28 and 27 we couldn't see a thing due to some people on front of us insisting on standing and moving about though the entire performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭creaghadoos

was thinking of booking row A in panterre section for riverdance, is this to close to get a good view??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

was thinking of booking row A in panterre section for riverdance, is this to close to get a good view??

Hi, did you book these seats? Looking at them myself but also not sure if I'll be too close. Was it a good show?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭creaghadoos

never booked
    wife didnt want to see the show she always wanted to see

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

I saw a ballet in row A on the parterre and would not recommend it far too close i couldn't see the dancers feet half the time the only time id go for parterre A again is for a drama. Dress circle a,b or C or parterre D or E all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Yeh,think I'll try dress circle towards the front.

On a side note,anyone see Riverdance 20? Whats the opinion of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Anyone any idea how limited the limited view in Parterre Row T (last row) is?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mastergreener

What do people think.....Parterre ROW E 15 - 18 or Dress Circle ROW D 15 - 18?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Definitely Parterre ROW E 15 - 18.

4 of the best seats in the house.

Advertisement