Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rooftop Anthem, Indie, all opinions welcome :)

Options
  • 17-08-2011 1:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi there,
    We're a 5 piece act from Dublin thats been gigging quite some time now and have been building up a good gigging reputation along with having great fun :)

But most important we would love to hear your opinions on our tunes, at the moment we have only one released as the rest are being kept at bay for release at a later date and we're very excited :D

We draw on influence such as Kings of Leon (old and new) The Killers, and many more.

Think thats embedded!
    Anyway if you like what you hear give us a comment and come over and like us on facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/rooftopanthemmusic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭pauliewallie

good tune lads. good vocal, nice playing, defo radio friendly. yeah I can see you taking off in Ireland.
    great combination of booze in your video, irish whiskey and is it polish beer? nice!

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

not bad at all... a bit... bland, but the production is nice, it's melodic and quite commercial I suppose...

Good job...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I liked it, I can see young girls being into your band! ;-)

I agree with MilanPanic though, it was a little "meh"; for me the vocal approach could've been less simplistic, with less syncopation throughout the verses.

But sure its done now and its finished so what does it matter! :-)

Oh and Rooftop Anthem... Gaslight Anthem? ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Rooftop Anthem

Thanks for all the replies lads :)

Didn't think it was that bland but itss your opinion which is what we're after so thanks for the feedback.

We're giggin the Baggot Inn tomorrow night if anyones around?

Haha no I dont think the name came from Gaslight Anthem anyway :P

Anyways like i said thanks for the opinions and more please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Phazer

Hey guys, great job on the song and video!! Yous should be proud!!

If you're looking for feedback, my only criticism is that the song should have done something different then going back to another standard chorus after the guitar solo. I'm not saying a brand new part should be written but a dynamic should have been introduced in the final chorus so that

a) The song was given a final push from 'good' to 'great'
    and
    b) The feel of the final chorus would have changed while fundamentally keeping it the same :cool:

This could be: The guitar solo continuing into the final chorus, The drums double-timing or having the whole band sing the final chorus.

Anyways, congratulations on doing so well!

• Advertisement

Thanks phazer!

We've been messing about and making live changes to all of our songs just to be different to recorded version, we really like the extra singing suggestion for the end of suzie!

Have a few dates coming up if anyone wants to catch us, most importantly the IMRO showcases tour, We have a slot in Crawdaddy on the 9th of septeber if anyone wants to come in and support us, its free in for people on the guestlist and our guestlist is unlimited so let us know :) and secondly we've been announced for Arthurs Day the 22nd of September down in Cork, our venue is still a secret but if your from the area keep an ear out :)

RTA,
    http://www.facebook.com/rooftopanthemmusic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 BPOSITIVES

Karpackie, i like it! :D nice work!

Cheap beer is the elixir of life :D

Playing Crawdaddy this friday, come down for a few tunes if anyones around :)

Forgot to mention the gig is free in at Crawdaddy if your on the guestlist which we will gladly put you on if you email us at Rooftopanthem@gmail.com

Playing with some very talent bands such as The Fallen Drakes, East Island City and The Young Folk that night!

With two new videos in the pipeline, a promo video for guinness day done and Guinness day fast approaching I wanna see if we can get some more likes on our page and get a bit of a buzz going! :)

Any ideas on how?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 LisaLimerickR

Well done guys :)

Thanks Lisa,

Arthurs Day is closing in and we have a sample of a new song on the way so stay tuned!

Got a new teaser out and a new song from the studio!! massive buzz in rooftop camp at the moment :)

Advertisement