Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish characters in Home and Away

• 23-06-2007 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone remember the highly stereotypical Irish poet character in HA a few years ago? The lovely Shannon as involved in the storyline and was trying to get him straight to write poetry again but he couldn't stay off the drink. His name was Gabe as far as I can remember.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

His name was Gabe Farley, played by Sean Kramer. I don't think he's been in anything since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭nollaig

Amazing, When I read the title of this thread, thats you I thought of.

Think he died, didnt he? In the soap at the time. He had an unfinished poem that was apparently a big mystery. He told Shannon, that the poem could not be finished as he had not yet experienced death and only then, could it be finished. You see the irony? It would always remain unfinished as he would be able to finish it when hes dead. Typical home & away bull****. He was fond of his whiskey too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

mick_irl wrote:
    His name was Gabe Farley, played by Sean Kramer. I don't think he's been in anything since.

Cool, according to IMDB he hasn't done much apart from some small parts by the looks of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

wasnt there a nurse from cork in it before, just for a week or 2...?did i imagine it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Pinchy85

There was also an Irish robber for an episode or 2. He robbed the diner and Robbie caught him in the act. Cant remember the storyline but he had the worst excuse for an Irish accent ever.
    Flamin' Mongrel as Alf would say!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Femmy wrote:
    wasnt there a nurse from cork in it before, just for a week or 2...?did i imagine it?

Yeah there was one alright, remember that.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭purplegeko

Pinchy85 wrote:
    There was also an Irish robber for an episode or 2. He robbed the diner and Robbie caught him in the act. Cant remember the storyline but he had the worst excuse for an Irish accent ever.
    Flamin' Mongrel as Alf would say!

Isn't this the guy Amanda ran over with her car, did a runner and he died. All during the time Josh was mayor and she was covering for him. His accent was woeful, it went from Scottish to South African to Cockney and never anywhere near Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭lukin

I remember an ep years ago when Marilyn was going on holidays to Ireland and Alf advised her against it and she asked why. Alf said "Because of the IRA!".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 mankydogg

Ya was trying to remember the name of that poet character, cheers

Advertisement