Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dog Breeders of Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 SNOWIE01

Hi
    I'm looking to get a jack russell pup ( pref female as our last one was female as she was the bees - knees!). Can anyone give me any info on breeders in Leinster area.
    Thanks
    Snow

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭DArcy

Snowie,

Any luck on finding a Jack Russell pup in Leinster?? I'm on the lookout in the same area for one, but fiinding it almost impossible to find breeders who are setup to have puppies anytime in the next 2 months!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭phelo05

Hellrazer wrote:
    Adrianos----Theres no Alaskan Malamute breeders in Ireland.Any that you do see come from the UK.The UK Kennel club number is 00448706066750.And remember its ok to import a dog from the UK.It doesnt have to be quarantined for 6 months.
    Richie.

Magaly Dado
    I cant find any more breeders of Basset hounds here but again if you ring the Kennel club regularly they can tell you if anyone is breeding at the minute.Phone no. is 01-4533300

richie
    actually your incorrect there my friend myself and my girlfriend have an alaskan malamute we bought him from a fellan named tom in bansha co.tipp he breeds them himself for 1200 a pup

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

phelo05 wrote:
    actually your incorrect there my friend myself and my girlfriend have an alaskan malamute we bought him from a fellan named tom in bansha co.tipp he breeds them himself for 1200 a pup

If you read when the original post was put up it reads July 2003.That was 2 years ago.At the time I could not find any breeders in Ireland and was told by the kennel club that the nearest breeder was UK based.I did my research on the breed in question and supplied the person who asked the question with the UK breeders phone number.

So instead of coming on here and acusing me of being out and out wrong you could be a bit more constructive with your posts and name the breeder and give a contact number so others interested in purchasing a pup could contact them.
    Richie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭phelo05

Hellrazer wrote:
    If you read when the original post was put up it reads July 2003.That was 2 years ago.At the time I could not find any breeders in Ireland and was told by the kennel club that the nearest breeder was UK based.I did my research on the breed in question and supplied the person who asked the question with the UK breeders phone number.

So instead of coming on here and acusing me of being out and out wrong you could be a bit more constructive with your posts and name the breeder and give a contact number so others interested in purchasing a pup could contact them.
    Richie
    i will have the number and all relevant contact details for the breeder in question up tomorrow and if anyone on the site who has an alaskan malamute bitch and is interested in breeding off her give me a pm and as for the excuse with the date. the breeder is ikc registered for the past few years maybe u shud do your looking into things a lot better

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Is not "an excuse" with the date as you so kindly put it.

I got my info directly from the Irish Kennel club.And "at the time" there were no "registered" Alaskan Malamute breeders on the IKCs books.
    If hes been IKC registered for "a few years" then why couldnt the Kennel Club give me the number 2 years ago.As I said I did look into things as much as I could possibly do at the time and still only came up with the UK breeder.

Maybe this breeder in Tipp was breeding a few years back but was not IKC registered and as most of the posters here know its unwise to buy from a non-registered breeder.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭DArcy

Dear me we're getting very narky in here :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Aimee_gleeson

Any body have any other numbers of breeders?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 yulia

Hey, anyone knows any american pit bull terrier breeders? Cant find them anywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

phelo05 wrote:
    i will have the number and all relevant contact details for the breeder in question up tomorrow and if anyone on the site who has an alaskan malamute bitch and is interested in breeding off her give me a pm and as for the excuse with the date. the breeder is ikc registered for the past few years maybe u shud do your looking into things a lot better

I'm sure glad he's banned... Idiot..

Thanks Hellrazer, very helpful. I think I'm gonna ring up the boxer place tomorrow (looking to get a pedigree pup). If anyone has any more numbers for boxers, that'd be appreciated too. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

yulia wrote:
    Hey, anyone knows any american pit bull terrier breeders? Cant find them anywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as I know, Pit Bulls are banned in this country.

^
    They're not banned, they just have certain regulations imposed on them, along with other dogs.

Click and click
    Rules relating to certain breeds of dog

The Control of Dogs (Restriction of Certain Dogs) Regulations, 1991 impose additional rules in relation to the following breeds (and strains/cross-breeds) of dog in Ireland:

* American Pit Bull Terrier
    * English Bull Terrier
    * Staffordshire Bull Terrier
    * Bull Mastiff
    * Doberman Pinscher
    * German Shepherd (Alsatian)
    * Rhodesian Ridgeback
    * Rottweiler
    * Japanese Akita
    * Japanese Tosa
    * Bandog

The rules state that:

* These dogs (or strains and crosses of them) must be kept on a short strong lead by a person over 16 years who is capable of controlling them
    * These dogs (or strains and crosses of them) must be muzzled whenever they are in a public place
    * These dogs (or strains and crosses of them) must wear a collar bearing the name and address of their owner at all times.

Vistors to the Eire who intend to stay for less than thirty days are not required to get a dog licenec those who stay over thirty days are. In addition, there are a number of breeds that are required to be under strict control in the Republic of Ireland. These are Bandogs, American Pit Bull Terriers, Bulldogs, Bull Mastiffs, Doberman Pinschers, English Bull Terriers, German Shepherd (Alsatians), Japanese Akitas, Japanese Tosas, Rhodesian Ridgeback, Rottweilers and Staffordshire Bull Terriers including any other strain or cross or every breed or type of dog so described.

It is necessary to have these dogs controlled by a sufficiently strong chain or leash not more than one metre in length and by a person over the age of 16 years of age who is capable of controlling the dog.

Further, these dogs must be muzzled while in a public place. These dogs must also have collars which identify the dog and give an address.

grrg, I rang up the number for the boxers, but the fella only had numbers for brindle ones, he doesn't know where I'd get fawn. There doesn't seem to be any in the Buy and Sell either (in Dublin)! I rang up the Irish Boxer Obedience Club and the fella gave me a number of some woman in Wexford who might know breeders, so I'll give that a ring in a while.

Anyone happen to know any breeders in Dublin? I wouldn't mind driving down the country myself, but unfortunately I'm not driving yet, and I can't drag my dad all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Hey lads anyone know where i can buy a pedigree female shih tzu pup in or around the mid west munster area?????

Let Me Know

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fivepaws

Hi, I can't get through to the number (Donegal I think?) for the Bassett hound secretary. I have been trying for a long time to find a breeder. Any help appreciated.

try puttin 91 after 075

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 solid

hey can anybody help me
    im looking to get husky.you cant imagine the hassle ive gone gone through already.any info besides the no.listed would be very much appreciated.
    thank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Holly22

Hi
    Can anyone tell me please where I might find a breeder of yorkies, mini or otherwise? I've tried the number shown on this thread but that lady only has male pups and I'm looking for a female. I'm in Dublin so if anyone could point me in the direction of any breeders in the surrounding areas it would be greatly appreciated
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Dan-The-Man

Could someone tell me if it is possible to own a Siberian Husky while having two half lion-head rabbits?? Will its Instincts prevail?? Will it kill them?? If i got a young Siberian Husky and it grew up with them would they be ok?? And how much should a good quality pup cost?? Also any contacts for breeders would be great

Cheers :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Firstly the animals you have already come first when condsidering taking on any other, although I don't see the problem in keeping any type of dog while you have rabbits, problems arise when the rabbits have no secure dog proof area.
    So basically if you have a dog proof area for your rabbits and your dog can't get near them then I don't see why not. However that breed of dog is large and strong mind you so are terriers when they want to get at something and they are little.
    Our dogs are not allowed in with our rabbits even though one of our dogs more than likley would rather eat out of their dish than eat them our collie would do damage if she got her paws on them.
    So saftey first, and never leave them unsupervised and never leave the rabbits loose with the dog. Even though some dogs get on fine with rabbits a rabbit can get hurt from the sheer size of the dog, rabbits have a habit of getting under your feet and getting stepped on.
    We use a Cill Dara dog run with covered roof to keep our rabbits secure, I figure a dog run keeps dogs in it can also keep dogs out. If they are house bunnies then mabey if you have room you could have one specific room just for the buns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 xXx Ash xXx

DaveMcG wrote:
    grrg, I rang up the number for the boxers, but the fella only had numbers for brindle ones, he doesn't know where I'd get fawn. There doesn't seem to be any in the Buy and Sell either (in Dublin)! I rang up the Irish Boxer Obedience Club and the fella gave me a number of some woman in Wexford who might know breeders, so I'll give that a ring in a while.

Anyone happen to know any breeders in Dublin? I wouldn't mind driving down the country myself, but unfortunately I'm not driving yet, and I can't drag my dad all over the place.

If you are willing to travel you may get a pedigree fawn boxer of Ann Ingram of Tirkane boxers and poodles... www.tirkane.com

And the list which is given that has the numbers is a vilation of the IKC rules..if people just visted the IKC webiste they would get the full list...i know for sure that the secatary of the Poodle Club of Ireland gets enough phone calls everyday without having another advert!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Dan-The-Man

Still looking for my huskies, but not much luck. A few more questions for you. How Much should a healthy siberian huskie pup be, i know that over priced dogs are a sign of bad breeding, but how much is too much?? Also any information on where i can find pups, would be great.

p.s Thanks for the tips Guineapigrescue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Soupi

i've been looking for boston terrier breeders in ireland for a while.

i've found a good few in UK but thought that i'd try here first to save on the travel. also how much is a good price for one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 glanncity

where are the maltese?? ive looked everywhere for them i can use any help i get....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 glanncity

anyone have any information on maltese puppies?? im looking for a female for a family pet will be in great care, i cant find them anywhere! any info will be greatly apreciated!!!!! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Nala wrote:
    Yeah, it's "weimaraner" (pronounced vy-mer-anner, it's German).

Clickie

Stunning aren't they?

I thought "wiener dogs" normally referred to Dachshunds? From what I remember, some American cartoonist didn't know how to spell the proper name, and couldn't be àrsed looking it up, so used "wiener" dog instead.

Anyway, found this site: http://www.dogbreedinfo.com - has a huge listing of dog types, with photos, sizes, characteristics etc of each breed. May be of use to some people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Soupi

Could someone tell me if it is possible to own a Siberian Husky while having two half lion-head rabbits?? Will its Instincts prevail?? Will it kill them?? If i got a young Siberian Husky and it grew up with them would they be ok?? And how much should a good quality pup cost?? Also any contacts for breeders would be great

we have always had alsations and cocker spaniels at home in my mam'd and about 10+ years ago we got a black and white rabbit. at first we kept her in her pen and the dogs down in theirs during the day and in the house at night but one day she let herself out of the pen and we were all frantic, running around trying to find her but it turned out that she was sitting in the sun with the dogs in their pen and none of them had touched her. after that she had the run of the garden and quite often paid the dogs a visit. she was quite a character and could well and truelly handle herself. so dogs and rabbits can get on, you're probably in a better situation because if you're getting a puppy then it'll be easier for them to learn that rabbits aren't food, they're play mates!!

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Carb

Hi, I may be able to dig up a number for Siberian Huskies. I bought mine last May and I may still have the number. I'll keep you posted

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kerri023

Anyone have any information on how I can obtain a maltese puppy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭WalkswithDeath

bang555 wrote:
    dont suppose u know a breeder of wolf-hybrids, if so it would be much appreciated
    there is a girl in the northern Ireland kennel club she shows huskies.
    but she does breed timberland wolves if you ring the kennel club the will put her in contact with you

i also have to say your list is out of date.
    if you want a certain breed of dog you are better of coming to one of the Irish kennel clubs all breed shows many of the breeder will be at it and you get to see what there dogs are like. The Irish kennel club show grounds are just beside Dublin airport.
    the next Shows i no about will be on the st patrick's weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 xXx Ash xXx

There is also a show coming up on the 26th of Febuary in Kings Hall, belfast for anyone who is from the north. Most breeders will be at this show also.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement