Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A passing thought

• 17-05-2008 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭

Spoilers for anyone who hasnt seen at least Seasons 1-4.

Watching through B5 again (6th time is a charm), just over half way thorugh S1, and I came across something in S1E09 Deathwalker. We know that after Lyta's actress pulled out after the Gathering that Talia was meant to fill the role of thermonuclear telepath type, until Lyta came back and they fragged her, but anyway. She is sitting in on talks between a VCR and Kosh, and when Talia says shes a P5 the VCR replies "Im a 23 myself, a good number".

Never passed any thought on this the first 5 times through, but considering that this is only 3 episodes after Ironheart gave her his gift (the origional form of the Vorlorn intervention that Lyta got), I think its possible that the VCR is making reference to her power, and telepath rating. He is after all just a recording unit that can record, according to Garibaldi, just about anything, including brainwaves and thought pattern. This would also explain the point of the meeting, Vorlorns has psychic abilities, very powerful ones, so its possible Kosh could sense the new power in Talia, and set this up to get a gauge of her power, as they know the shadow war is coming and that telepaths are very effective against them.

Just a passing thought, comments?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Yeah there are alot of these scenes in the series that would have been clearer had the original actors stayed the course

Advertisement