Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Supplements

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Went into Pro Nutrition in Phibsoro there yesterday and picked up 5lb of Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein Gold Standard. I got the chocolate flavour and was pretty surprised to find it actually tastes grand even with water.

Sound man in there gave me some good advice (and gave me a fiver off when I mentioned boards which is always good :)) but I forgot to ask about shakers so I just stirred it into water with a spoon. Didn't notice any problems with it - what's the advantage of a shaker?

It either didn't come with a scoop or the scoop is buried down the bottom - package says a scoop is 32g - how many heaped tablespoons is that, 2?

Have only had one shake so far - before doing a session today and that's how I'll keep it as my aim is weight loss so this is for getting protein into me when I haven't planned ahead and am stuck for a small meal, but so far so good as I had plenty of energy for the workout and hadn't eaten for a few hours beforehand besides the shake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Sound man in there gave me some good advice (and gave me a fiver off when I mentioned boards which is always good :)) but I forgot to ask about shakers so I just stirred it into water with a spoon. Didn't notice any problems with it - what's the advantage of a shaker?

It'll mix better with a shaker.
    It either didn't come with a scoop or the scoop is buried down the bottom - package says a scoop is 32g - how many heaped tablespoons is that, 2?

They always tend to be buried in the bottom of the tub so you'll just have to dig deep to find it!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Thanks for that Malteaser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Pro-Nutrition

Went into Pro Nutrition in Phibsoro there yesterday and picked up 5lb of Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein Gold Standard. I got the chocolate flavour and was pretty surprised to find it actually tastes grand even with water.

Have only had one shake so far - before doing a session today and that's how I'll keep it as my aim is weight loss so this is for getting protein into me when I haven't planned ahead and am stuck for a small meal, but so far so good as I had plenty of energy for the workout and hadn't eaten for a few hours beforehand besides the shake.

Hey there, glad to hear you like the Optimum, I told you it tastes great :) You should have asked me about the shaker. I am there on saturday so if your about pop in and I'm sure I can manage to give you one, the scoop in normally buried so clean your hands and get digging. Speak to you soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

i'll be dropping into you soon. have you got RAM lemon&lime flavour in stock? love the stuff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭dublander

I've been training for a while without the use of supplements. I train twice a week, 20 mins cardio each time, the rest weights. Looking to add lean muscle & tone up, not looking to bulk up too much. I eat quite well, fruit, meat, chicken or fish every day.

From reading a lot of the posts in this forum, ON Gold Whey seems like it would suit me. The problem is I'm lactose intollerant, does ON Gold Whey contain Lactose as I think most of these products are made from milk, correct me if im wrong? If it does contain lactose, is there any alternative?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭wahlrab

hi guys does anyone know where i can get some flavourless whey powder? Preferably in dublin but i am willing to buy online,

thanks in advance!

eric

• Registered Users Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭Esse85

wahlrab wrote: »
    hi guys does anyone know where i can get some flavourless whey powder? Preferably in dublin but i am willing to buy online,

thanks in advance!

eric
    http://www.bulksupplementsdirect.co.uk/khxc/gbu0-prodshow/Whey-Protein-Isolate-Unflavoured.html

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    i'll be dropping into you soon. have you got RAM lemon&lime flavour in stock? love the stuff

Sorry for the late response, be up to my you know whats. We have it in stock mate. Pop by when your ready, we close today at 6pm and reopen on Tuesday at 10.30

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭FishTaco

Which one would you guys recommend; either Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey or Syntrax Nectar?

I've been using the ON whey and had good results but I like the look of the Nectar, any views?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭Esse85

Stick to whats working for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Just wondering if anyone could recommend a good protein product for gaining muscle/ body weight?

Thanks.

Just wondering if anyone could recommend a good protein product for gaining muscle/ body weight?

Thanks.

Hey there, depends, are you looking for a weight gainer? If so I would look at the Serious Mass from Optimum or Truemass from BSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Shane101

Looking for a cheap weight gainer/ muscle gaining protein for beginners? Price is an issue as im a student but i dont expect the best of the best.

Thanks in advance,
    Shane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

Shane101 wrote: »
    Looking for a cheap weight gainer/ muscle gaining protein for beginners? Price is an issue as im a student but i dont expect the best of the best.

Thanks in advance,
    Shane

Try this,

http://www.thesupplementfactory.com/p4/Mass_Gain_10lbs/product_info.html

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Shane101

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 youhippybastard

Hey,

Just started taking Creatine powder for the first time yesterday, and I was just wondering as after i've finished drinking there's still quite abit of residue left around the glass. Does this make much of a difference to the correct amount I should have in my system during the loading phase. Should I blend as the package reccomends??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

2n03dhi.jpg

http://www.thesupplementfactory.com/popup_image.php?pID=12ℑ=0

Which is better for a 30G scoop. One is the supplement factory's Whey and the other is Nutrition X Big Whey.
    Also what is better more Carbohydrates in a Supplement or less?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭louis626

Swizz wrote: »

Also what is better more Carbohydrates in a Supplement or less?

Thanks.

Well it depends whether you want to cut or bulk.... if you want to gain muscle/ get bigger you will need the carbs... if you just want to get more defined and lose bodyfat then less is better.

louis626 wrote: »
    Well it depends whether you want to cut or bulk.... if you want to gain muscle/ get bigger you will need the carbs... if you just want to get more defined and lose bodyfat then less is better.

Less it is so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Gold Standard Whey.

How much should i be adding to a shaker of lovely tap water? before training. its US measurements on the side of the tub

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

anyone ordering from www.thesupplementfactory.com have to wait longer than usual for delivery?

Im thinking about buying either Pro Matrix or Pro Matrix X from NutritionX. Which one is more fattening?
    http://www.nutritionx.ie/products/pro-matrix/
    http://www.nutritionx.ie/products/pro-x/

Also what difference do Carbohydrates make? If you have more in a drink does that make you look/be fat/ter?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭colly10

Swizz wrote: »
    Im thinking about buying either Pro Matrix or Pro Matrix X from NutritionX. Which one is more fattening?
    http://www.nutritionx.ie/products/pro-matrix/
    http://www.nutritionx.ie/products/pro-x/

Also what difference do Carbohydrates make? If you have more in a drink does that make you look/be fat/ter?

Neither of these will bulk you up, both have practically no carbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭tommy57

Hey,

Just started taking Creatine powder for the first time yesterday, and I was just wondering as after i've finished drinking there's still quite abit of residue left around the glass. Does this make much of a difference to the correct amount I should have in my system during the loading phase. Should I blend as the package reccomends??

read in flex magazine that loading on creatine is not needed. i would take it before training and then after training. i would,nt take it on non training days. though other people may have a diffrent opinion.

colly10 wrote: »
    Neither of these will bulk you up, both have practically no carbs.

I dont want to bulk up just tone sort of?
    Is carbs not a bad thing?
    I thought they made you look fat/bloated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

dear god..

Your reply, implies that you think you know all about fitness, yet no answer. Eejit.

Youre probably a fat old man on the dole. That just sits on the machines when in the gym.

Looking at your routine BossArky youre not too clever yourself or strong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

How did you know!!:D

my post wasn't aimed directly at you, but some of the posts in general. and i have never pretended to know very much about fitness etc. at all.

EDIT:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055530935

I just wanna work out longer or more and get bigger muscles. Ive been in the gym for over a year Not sure exactly how long but I have been making good progress but at the same time I want better results and I think Creatine will let me work out longer, have less recovery time and get better results. I dont want to look like im pregnant though or get love handles.

on second thoughts, STFU

• Advertisement

How did you know!!:D

my post wasn't aimed directly at you, but some of the posts in general.

HA

OK so.

:rolleyes:

Advertisement