Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got a FFP Sightron...... SIII 6-24x50LR FFP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭German pointer

Not that ones you mention but I have the Sightron S Tac 2.5-17.5X56 and a Vortex Viper HS 6-24X50 and the glass in the Sightron is far better

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,451 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I've owned 4 Sightrons over the last 4 years. Everything from the SIII 10-50 to the S-Tac 2.5-17.5

They are am impressive scope that would demand a much higher price tag with any other name on it. The glass quality is comparable to Nightforce. By comparable i mean they are identical. The technical specs say the Nightforce has slightly higher light transmission, but when talking about less than 1% i challenge anyone to honestly say their eyesight is so keen as to be able to distinguish this difference.

The are well made, rugged, and as said above has the same if not more features than other brands of a much higher price tag. I would have no trouble recommending a Sightron to anyone. I done a review on my last Sightron here.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Holdover

Thanks for the info lads,
    Very impressed with the Sightron alright,the only shortcoming I see is the reticle may be hard to see in low light when its not illuminated, the Zeiss HD5 has the no4 type with the heavy posts and the glass is supposedly better at dawn / dusk.

You can't have it all and I'm trying to get 1 scope to do two jobs, the Sightron features and FFP setup with matching turrets and reticle is very appealing too.............decisions, decisions :confused:

Advertisement