Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mod refused

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,950 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Proably does have quite a bit to do with it too.:rolleyes:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Beretta man

Do you mind me asking what his worries were? Half being nosey, half trying to get an insight into the mind of a Super.

Hi mate he said a moderator increases the chance of ricochet
    And also that people around wouldn't know I was shooting with the silencer on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Connemara Farmer

Hi mate he said a moderator increases the chance of ricochet
    And also that people around wouldn't know I was shooting with the silencer on

Noise is easy to put to bed, but increases the chance of ricochet is a doozy, did he give you any insight into how he formed that theory?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

A moderator increases the chance of a ricochet? WTF?

Yep he said he granted a mod to a man before and he nearly shot a women hanging out her washing due to a bullet ricochet..
    Since then he has a personal hate towards mods
    I explained it had nothing to do with mod but felt he only made it up as an excuse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Yep he said he granted a mod to a man before and he nearly shot a women hanging out her washing due to a bullet ricochet..
    I explained it had nothing to do with mod but felt he only made it up as an excuse
    Out of curiosity , you in th sw area?

Out of curiosity , you in th sw area?

No the South East

• Registered Users Posts: 14,950 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

The mind boggles on HTF these kind of people with this thought process can be in charge of a police division,not to mind firearms.:rolleyes:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Bullets cause ricochet, he should ban those :-)

A fiend of mine was recently granted a mod for a .22, with a few stipulations he is to notify the guards when he's going out shooting with it and if he's shooting near a house he must call into the person living in the house to tell them.

I'm sure they'd appreciate that at 2 o'clock in the morning.

• Advertisement

A fiend of mine was recently granted a mod for a .22, with a few stipulations he is to notify the guards when he's going out shooting with it and if he's shooting near a house he must call into the person living in the house to tell them.

I'm sure they'd appreciate that at 2 o'clock in the morning.

I was asked to do the very same but refused as it wasn't practical and I couldn't agree to those terms.
    And then he granted it without any stipulations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Connemara Farmer

I was asked to do the very same but refused as it wasn't practical and I couldn't agree to those terms.
    And then he granted it without any stipulations

You'd wonder what they do to them in Templemore, they can't go in that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Varmint Shooter

Two Supers saying the same thing? ....................... sounds like something has been circulated ..................... again !

Two Supers saying the same thing? ....................... sounds like something has been circulated ..................... again !

Its the same super.

Advertisement