Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭raheny red

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

It's not a good idea to leave anything in a parked car. Especially not money it anything of value.

A lot of these crimes are opportunitist. They try every car door on every street and eventually find one with something in it worth stealing. Which makes it worthwhile to keep doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

my car is open quite a bit, they can have my empty crisp packets and fag butts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

my car is open quite a bit, they can have my empty crisp packets and fag butts

Leaving the door open also encourages them to try though.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Daeltaja

Who leaves money in their car? Seriously... And yes, lock your doors. I have forgot to on occasion, but I've been drilling it into myself to check it before I head to bed each night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

https://www.thejournal.ie/sexual-assault-tolka-valley-park-5340750-Jan2021/

What ever happened regarding the attack in Corduff Park in 2018? Charges were laid nearly 3 years ago but I never saw any sign of it coming to court.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭oLoonatic

https://www.thejournal.ie/sexual-assault-tolka-valley-park-5340750-Jan2021/

What ever happened regarding the attack in Corduff Park in 2018? Charges were laid nearly 3 years ago but I never saw any sign of it coming to court.

The female involved wont come back to testify so he cant be brought to trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭rolling boh

seem to have stepped up clamping behind the shops in ongar i know there are signs up but only have seen cars clamped the last few days .Would use Dunness side now if you have no permit and wanting to go shopping or a walk or something .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

seem to have stepped up clamping behind the shops in ongar i know there are signs up but only have seen cars clamped the last few days .Would use Dunness side now if you have no permit and wanting to go shopping or a walk or something .

Is this up around the new Romayos chipper? I think it's overkill having double yellow lines on both sides of the one way road in front of the redeveloped Ongar house when the road is plenty wide! There's parking for about 60 cars behind the yellow house but only about 10 apartments in the building so most parking spaces are always empty so not sure why they are so strict!

Behind the newsagents that part they are bringing in restrictions on the main street also to stop people parking for more than two hours i think that is probably fair enough for the shops .⅘

• Advertisement

Saw a couple of lads on a scrambler yoke yesterday on the main green area behind the big house in ongar hope not the start of this stuff .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭rockatansky

If I were you I wouldn't wait for someone else to do something about it. Gardai have much more power to stop and confiscate bikes and quads.

If you contact your local councillors they'll all say the same, call 999. Seems mad as it's not really classed as an emergency. But they'll tell you that comes from the Gardai themselves. It means it's bumped up the priority list and they can address it much more quickly than just a standard call to Blanchardstown Garda Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,420 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

If I were you I wouldn't wait for someone else to do something about it. Gardai have much more power to stop and confiscate bikes and quads.

If you contact your local councillors they'll all say the same, call 999. Seems mad as it's not really classed as an emergency. But they'll tell you that comes from the Gardai themselves. It means it's bumped up the priority list and they can address it much more quickly than just a standard call to Blanchardstown Garda Station.

999 calls are for actual emergencies.

Using it to put in a non emergency call won't make any difference how quickly the call is responded to, it just gets put onto the list with the other calls and they're worked through.

Don't be tying up a 999 calltaker with a call that could be dealt with another way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Witcher wrote: »

Using it to put in a non emergency call won't make any difference how quickly the call is responded to, it just gets put onto the list with the other calls and they're worked through.

Don't be tying up a 999 calltaker with a call that could be dealt with another way.

As I said, this is the instruction I received from multiple Fingal County Councillors in the area via email.

So no, I won't be following your suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Two scummers on a small quad bike doing laps around the square in ongar and then back onto the green beside the playground yesterday.

Anyone notice the young drug dealer at the end of the rat road, manorfield drive end, he's there every day, tucked in where the swinging gate is, always on his phone.

Dealing going on up there for a while I think judging by some of the guys hanging around there I have seen .Unfortunately nothing really will be done while demand is there .The smell of weed up there sometimes is pretty strong am sure other stuff is freely available.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭daymobrew

We all know that calls to Blanchardstown Garda station are often unanswered.

rockatansky said councillors said to call 999. I've been told the same thing by an Inspector in Blanchardstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,794 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Has anyone reported the drug dealing, as described, to the cops or raised it with local Councillors?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Has anyone reported the drug dealing, as described, to the cops or raised it with local Councillors?

In an ideal world, after ringing Blanchardstown Gardai station they would check it out. Catch him with drugs on him a short time after the call. While he is still there.

Realistically, I wouldn't be surprised to hear if they took 3 days to come out that's if they ever did.
    As for a local councillor, I would expect hot air and a little speech how he'll contact the guards.

Even if he was caught he would be doing the same a few days later maybe down the road somewhere else. As another poster said the demand is there.

It really is defeatist I know but I see little point in reporting at this level .We all know there are loads of replacements to fill any void I know it will never happen but unless the demand stops the problem will still be here long after we are all gone .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Wrong, ,the residents group that i was on once was advised by the inspector in blanch to ring 999 no matter what as it gets logged.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PerryB78

Phil.x wrote: »
    Two scummers on a small quad bike doing laps around the square in ongar and then back onto the green beside the playground yesterday.

Anyone notice the young drug dealer at the end of the rat road, manorfield drive end, he's there every day, tucked in where the swinging gate is, always on his phone.

Is that the little tubby lad? I've heard him arranging deals on his phone so he's not discreet about it, must think hes Tony Montana or something. He'll get his comeuppance one day if he keeps it up, these lads always do

PerryB78 wrote: »
    Is that the little tubby lad? I've heard him arranging deals on his phone so he's not discreet about it, must think hes Tony Montana or something. He'll get his comeuppance one day if he keeps it up, these lads always do

strange he is doing that there with whatsapp and telgram etc..i thought they all did it behind closed doors these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

strange he is doing that there with whatsapp and telgram etc..i thought they all did it behind closed doors these days.

You've got to be joking... dealers have snapchats and instagrams and all now to sell their stuff on. It's all mostly done via social media these days as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PerryB78

Yep I've heard him a few times on the phone doing his thing, he's not shy about it but he sticks out like a sore thumb

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Praetorian22

Unrelated but possibly related due to the close vicinity.........my friend was stopped by two men walking dogs the other morning just before the Hansfield train bridge (the one that splits from the Maynooth line).

The men told him to be careful as there was a lad sitting under the bridge at 10.30am wearing a balaclava, looking dodgy up to no good. For context my friend was walking towards the bridge and the men with the dogs had just walked through......They told him to walk around the bridge just in case

.......could be nothing but you never know....

LorelaiG wrote: »
    You've got to be joking... dealers have snapchats and instagrams and all now to sell their stuff on. It's all mostly done via social media these days as far as I can see.

eh so youre agreeing with me. not sure what you thought i meant.

Unrelated but possibly related due to the close vicinity.........my friend was stopped by two men walking dogs the other morning just before the Hansfield train bridge (the one that splits from the Maynooth line).

The men told him to be careful as there was a lad sitting under the bridge at 10.30am wearing a balaclava, looking dodgy up to no good. For context my friend was walking towards the bridge and the men with the dogs had just walked through......They told him to walk around the bridge just in case

makes it a lot easier to **** him into the water if he makes a move. not very bright on his part.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I notice that rail bridge has become a magnet for teenagers to sit on the metal support beams underneath so they're sitting above you as you walk by. Fencing by the new apartment block up from it has been broken to allow easy access to the canal there so drawing a lot more pedestrian traffic. I haven't noticed any antisocial behaviour so far apart from an increase in littered unfortunately in that area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

ongarboy wrote: »
    I notice that rail bridge has become a magnet for teenagers to sit on the metal support beams underneath so they're sitting above you as you walk by. Fencing by the new apartment block up from it has been broken to allow easy access to the canal there so drawing a lot more pedestrian traffic. I haven't noticed any antisocial behaviour so far apart from an increase in littered unfortunately in that area.

I seen two girls eating pizza from plates under that bridge, obviously from the apartments beside it.

Advertisement