Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The "Today I did something to my car" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Still miles cheaper than here with it factored in. Paid over well over €400 for just tie rod ends and centre link last month. :(

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

dgt wrote: »
    Decided to try sort a lighting issue on the 406... Then ended up doing this

Ugh, I hate when im just trying to change a fuse and I end up taking the engine out.. so much hassle!

Haha your mad dgt! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

conzymaher wrote: »
    Ugh, I hate when im just trying to change a fuse and I end up taking the engine out.. so much hassle!

Haha your mad dgt! :)

One thing leads to another eh?! :p

Kind of like the time I fancied a mars bar (feck that sounds like I wanted to take it to dinner or summit like that :pac:)... So I drove to Delvin for one. Or woke up another day thirsty, so drove to Dundalk for a bottle of Club orange :pac:

A very good friend of mine who lives outside Trim once drove to Waterford for a pizza! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

dgt wrote: »
    One thing leads to another eh?! :p

Kind of like the time I fancied a mars bar (feck that sounds like I wanted to take it to dinner or summit like that :pac:)... So I drove to Delvin for one. Or woke up another day thirsty, so drove to Dundalk for a bottle of Club orange :pac:

A very good friend of mine who lives outside Trim once drove to Waterford for a pizza! :eek:

Meh,

I flew to Brussels for a kebab once. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Meh,

I flew to Brussels for a kebab once. ;)

Ticknock. i got free seat cushions for the GT6 off a guy in Ticknock!

• Advertisement

Ticknock. i got free seat cushions for the GT6 off a guy in Ticknock!

Up in da big shmoke like? Well, not really - it's more country than a lot of places outside Dublin. Great views though!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Up in da big shmoke like? Well, not really - it's more country than a lot of places outside Dublin. Great views though!

549645_10151445672705176_1734388283_n.jpg

Yes, yes there are :P

My car would really do with a polish. i could get it done in the next hour.

Yes, yes there are :P

My car would really do with a polish. i could get it done in the next hour.

My gaff is just to the left a bit! ;)

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

CianRyan wrote: »
    If your shoe fits in the wheel arch, your car is too high.

Mighty Car Mods? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

MarkR wrote: »
    Mighty Car Mods? :)

Damn straight. :)
    You on the forum?

• Advertisement

You on the forum?

Seen all the vids, just registered there a minute ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

You on the forum?

But what if a wellie fits in the wheel arch. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Seen all the vids, just registered there a minute ago.

Just saw that. :)
    But what if a wellie fits in the wheel arch. :eek:

Then it's a monster truck! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭baldshin

Finally finished applying carbon fiber effect wrap on the centre console of my MG (nightmare to get it out of the car!) Still a bit rugged around the edges but I'll fix it on my next day off. Also put on a new gear knob as the original was in tatters! I drilled a hole into the armrest compartment to and wired an aux cable to the back of the stereo to keep my ipod connection nice and discreet.

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

baldshin wrote: »
    Finally finished applying carbon fiber effect wrap on the centre console of my MG (nightmare to get it out of the car!) Still a bit rugged around the edges but I'll fix it on my next day off. Also put on a new gear knob as the original was in tatters! I drilled a hole into the armrest compartment to and wired an aux cable to the back of the stereo to keep my ipod connection nice and discreet.

Tomorrow, would you consider a hoover and a cloth? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

MugMugs wrote: »
    Tomorrow, would you consider a hoover and a cloth? :pac:

Ah jesus, is the man not allowed get his own car dirty?!

Oh wait....................

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭baldshin

Ya know I just might! As I pointed out above it's unfinished, and I simple ran out of time to clean up properly today! :D

Ah jesus, is the man not allowed get his own car dirty?!

*Raises back of hand* :D

Ya know I just might! As I pointed out above it's unfinished, and I simple ran out of time to clean up properly today! :D

Well make sure you do or I will be forced to hunt you down and do it for you. I can't be dealing with that kind of dirt on my screen! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

NCT today. Went to pop the bonnet to check oil/coolant levels 30mins before test. Cable went slack, bonnet wouldn't open.

WHY DO YOU HATE ME SO? I HAD JUST DECIDED TO KEEP YOU UNTIL JANUARY!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Played with the hidden menus on the OBC

Digital rev counter
    YjNWU.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Played with the hidden menus on the OBC

Digital rev counter
    7.0 : Coolant Temp
    7.3 : Actual vehicle speed

7.3 is fun to see just how badly the speedo overreads/lags

Does the e46 have the gong test too? Get some unwitting passenger into the car and activate it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

Did Stevie wonder give you hand? :D that's a bad job dude,you went to all the trouble of taking it out of the car and then undid all that work with a bad finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd be ordering a set of these chrome rings for around the heater knobs, these should hide the edges

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/MG-MGF-95-2000-CHROME-HEATER-SURROUNDS-ALU-RINGS-NEW-/290444618566?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item439fd92b46

tossy wrote: »
    Did Stevie wonder give you hand? :D that's a bad job dude,you went to all the trouble of taking it out of the car and then undid all that work with a bad finish.

Now now. If you can't say anything nice... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

Tippin' away witrh the D/A....
    Slowly but surely..... :p

IMAG0276.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

yesterday i broke my drivers door handle :mad: and today i'm going to give it an oil change :)... but not fix the door handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

Now now. If you can't say anything nice... :)

It's called constructive criticism,are we meant to trip over ourselves to compliment everyone on every little thing here? I think the OP realises themselves it's a botch job,it's going to be hard rectify with the console back in the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

also brought the "low life" for a spin... not liking it, might change it back.

photo06842.jpg

photo06812.jpg

photo06783.jpg

photo06752.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Oh god tell me that's not a shopping list type decal on your windscreen? :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement