Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ringabella

Options
  • 22-03-2010 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭

hey guys has anyone here ever fished ringabella? Especially from the fountainstown side. The sandbar runs the whole way to the edge of the deep channel and im informed there are flounder and some bass in there. But ive never tried. Google threw up some pages but id rather some personal advice.

In case there is some secret advice you could pm it. Also if anyone in cork wants to take a swing at it or somewhere else with me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Why not try Rocky bay, just beyond Roberts Cove?

I got some good fishing there before but during the summer. Always seems to be guys fishing there too on late night sessions after bass.

Sorry i cant give you much info on Ringabella.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

well its a little early in the year to be lure fishing for bass I reckon and rocky bay is too snaggy for bottom fishing.
    but mostly its because if I fish ringabella from the fountainstown side its a short drive but if I go the carpark side of ringabella its quite a long drive. so its mostly lazyness over the lack of a direct route there. been trying to figure some good spots close by for impromptu sessions.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭tonytoc11

Did you ever try fishing down there?

Advertisement