Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread - Page 147 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

21-10-2014, 00:57   #2191
daymobrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by exador View Post
I asked could I leave my number and that somebody call me ..I left my number and name ..that was end of August,,,still waiting on a call...
Our residents association has been trying to get a meeting with the Community Gardai. Even after eventually speaking with them they don't come back with date suggestions. Very, very unprofessional, patronising and annoying.
Advertisement
21-10-2014, 09:55   #2192
Shiranui

Looks resolved:

"
With regards the number of attacks on young women over the past few months which included a friend of mine. She positively identified a man in Blanchardstown garda station yesterday who also confirmed it was the same man in all recent attempted attacks.
I'm not sure if you can relay this message on to the group to ease the fears of parents and young women in the area.
"
(2) thanks from:
21-10-2014, 10:15   #2193
chucknorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiranui View Post
Looks resolved:

"
With regards the number of attacks on young women over the past few months which included a friend of mine. She positively identified a man in Blanchardstown garda station yesterday who also confirmed it was the same man in all recent attempted attacks.
I'm not sure if you can relay this message on to the group to ease the fears of parents and young women in the area.
"
A source for that extract is always helpful for people to see.

21-10-2014, 10:50   #2194
Arciphel

I'm very surprised, maybe even a bit sceptical, that the guards would state that the person they have in custody at present (and as of yet, far as we know there are no charges) is the same person responsible for all the previous attacks.

Would such a statement, being spread all over social media, not seriously prejudice any further criminal proceedings? I wouldn't like to see a person like this, if guilty of the crime, subsequently get off lightly in court because they could claim they weren't given a fair trial. It just seems like something that the guards wouldn't do, for the often quoted "operational reasons".
(2) thanks from:
21-10-2014, 11:04   #2195
chucknorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arciphel View Post
I'm very surprised, maybe even a bit sceptical, that the guards would state that the person they have in custody at present (and as of yet, far as we know there are no charges) is the same person responsible for all the previous attacks.

Would such a statement, being spread all over social media, not seriously prejudice any further criminal proceedings? I wouldn't like to see a person like this, if guilty of the crime, subsequently get off lightly in court because they could claim they weren't given a fair trial. It just seems like something that the guards wouldn't do, for the often quoted "operational reasons".
That wasn't a statement by the Guards. It was a private message, chosen to be published by the online group themselves.

I think the guards would privately inform someone of that info but they wouldn't publicly state it.

I agree in that the Guards wouldn't issue a statement to confirm that, but privately they'd tell someone in person.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
21-10-2014, 11:09   #2196
Arciphel

In any case, it's great news. I hope the guy gets what's coming to him, the reports of what was attempted in the park next to CCC last Saturday is chilling and could have ended up who know what way.
Thanks from:
21-10-2014, 11:13   #2197
chucknorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arciphel View Post
In any case, it's great news. I hope the guy gets what's coming to him, the reports of what was attempted in the park next to CCC last Saturday is chilling and could have ended up who know what way.
I feel a big problem is all of the spurious and false reports that appear on social media, that take from the genuine ones. So many are reported where you ask yourself, 'did you ring the guards?'.

I have to give most of them a health check before taking them even remote serious, but these highlighted ones are genuine.

A response from the superintendent is on the way so it'll be cleared up soon I'm sure.
(3) thanks from:
21-10-2014, 19:37   #2198
Arciphel

It seems like the person who did this has not been caught yet, see update below. Good to know what the current situation is in any case.

Thanks from:
22-10-2014, 08:31   #2199
chucknorris

I believe the person has been identified. the problem is, the Garda would need witnesses for other attacks to come forward and link the same suspect that they have verified for one case - to the other cases.

They need to make the charges stick.

Interesting to see who it is, because it's not an isolated occurrence.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion