Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

project

• 04-10-2014 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

hey boardsies,
    I have a project due in 2 weeks on a metal drum company in relation to a PESTEL ANALYSIS AND THE FIVE FORCES.Nothing really great online so could someone suggest some examples that are specific to a metal drum company that would help me in this.
    thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭votecounts

For PESTEL

POLITICAL
    tariffs on steel, other arious tax hikes, regulation, various tax breaks, crackdown on pollution

Environmental
    Title 22 which deals with recycling and pollution

Technological different procceses such as Lean

These are just off the top of my head , hopefully someone will else help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

votecounts wrote: »
    These are just off the top of my head , hopefully someone will else help.

For these sort of analysis I've found it easier to brain storm, jot down the thoughts, then try to categorise them (then try to fill in any blanks)

Some thoughts:
    Cost of metal prices which can be affected by supply/demand issues, environmental issues at mines, political stability in supply countries, mine economics, tranport costs, smelting ( energy) costs etc.
    Shift in demand from metal to plastic containers
    cost of labour, availability of skilled labour
    Direct manufacturing costs - energy, environmental legislation
    etc etc

Good luck with the project

Advertisement