Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"Revenge" - RTE Pace [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭kerosene

Is revenge repeated on rte during the week. My gf missed the end of it last night and is desperate to see it again. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

Available on RTE player

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭kerosene

thankyou. I looked on rte player earlier. Do you have to wait 24 hrs before it is shown?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭kilkenny12

kerosene wrote: »
    thankyou. I looked on rte player earlier. Do you have to wait 24 hrs before it is shown?

Nope i watched it last night on player.. sometimes things dissappear off it and then come back tho.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 191 ✭✭Lockedout

Who the hell are the initiative they keep mentioning? I missed the reference explaining exactly who they were? I presume they plotted the air-plane crash?

Why did the Australian dude alert Daniel to the employment contract? Isn't he meant to be working for Amanda? If her father broke his contract by buying that stock then doesnt Amanda lose the source of her wealth?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

kerosene wrote: »
    Nope a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

Ive gotten into watching each episode twice...you'd be amazed at what you pick up on the second time around.....in fact alot more is figured out and the wriiters are very clever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

I thought the most recent episode was a return to form, I liked that Emily is back on her revenge plan and the hint that Ashley might be more than a vacuous social climber.

The set up of the Judge was too neat for me. While the whole series is of course unrealistic-this episode was twilight zone material. The judge's wife just decided to turn like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Last night's episode was extremely intense! I am really gutted that Amanda is gone now. But either way if she did survive that explosion, she would still go as the Initiative were onto to her after Victoria planted Helen's scarf in J.P. and A.C. in their bedroom. Really looking forward to the next weeks episode. Jack probably won't forgive himself nor will Emily if I'm honest.

• Advertisement

The latest episode left me cold. I didn't expect Amanda to really die, so maybe that was it. I thought it was interesting that up until the bitter end, they called each other Amanda and Emily, even though they were essentially just calling their own names. Shows how much they both believe their new lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I think it shows more that the show runners dont trust the audience's intelligence. They assume viewers will be confused if they keep switching names mid conversation.

This show has definitely jumped the shark at this stage. It should have been a one season show. Woman shows up, systematically destroys rich family. It would have worked well.
    But in an effort to draw it out, we have ridiculous shadow organisations, magic computer programs that work on anything, mysterious syblings popping up from nowhere.etc.. I mean emily has been farting around at this stage. Whens the last time she actually DID somethinto the graysons?

Somebody that bitter and seething wouldnt just stay living there indefinitely having tea with these people.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Cosmic Maybe

Is it just me are they going on about the air conditioning being broken in the Stowaway an awful lot? I was convinced that the laptop must have been hidden there but then Jack went and found it in the locker so thats that theory out the window. Still though I have a feeling it could be something important.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

Is it just me are they going on about the air conditioning being broken in the Stowaway an awful lot? I was convinced that the laptop must have been hidden there but then Jack went and found it in the locker so thats that theory out the window. Still though I have a feeling it could be something important.

I am 99% sure it has some significance. I thought the laptop was there as well. Something will happen with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Victoria...she has some body.

Great episode tonight. It's really picked up again. I'm back wanting Jack and Emily together, I think they have great chemistry, and the poor guy deserves some happiness! I do like Aiden as well, but I don't know what's going on with Takeda. Was he evil? Is he a part of the Initiative?

I have to say Im getting a bit bored. Problem number 1-the acting by and large is terrible. Feck all nuance to it. Madeleine Stone seems stuck in first gear and I know she has a better pedigree than that. Problem number 2-once they introduced "the Initiative" my heart sank. Its been done to death before these shadowy groups. Problem number three-The characters are just not being allowed to breathe and develop. Too focused on the next surprise and there are way too many of them. I think I will stop watching soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,440 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Well that was a great season finale!!!

Quite a few revelations in it and also a few questions left unanswered.
    Can't wait for Season 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Heroditas wrote: »
    Well that was a great season finale!!!

Quite a few revelations in it and also a few questions left unanswered.
    Can't wait for Season 3.

Totally agree. Season hasn't been good but 2 part finale made up for it. Think they will need to work harder on season 3 as a lot of this one was hard to follow and didn't all tie together for me. The initiative part was awful. Didn't add anything to the story. Need to get back to basics like season 1. Just pure and simple Revenge. Love all Victoria's cutting remarks to Emily everytime she sees her.

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    The initiative part was awful. Didn't add anything to the story. Need to get back to basics like season 1. Just pure and simple Revenge.

The great thing is that they are already moving back to basics after that revelation from Conrad about the Initiative.

• Advertisement

Heroditas wrote: »
    The great thing is that they are already moving back to basics after that revelation from Conrad about the Initiative.

That Conrad really needs to be taken down a peg or two. Hope Charlotte finds out about his part in Declan's death. Daniel doesn't seem to care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Conrad is bloody awesome. Can't they just spin this off into a different series where Conrad becomes President and Nolan is VP or Chief of Staff or whatever, that'd be great.

Conrad is bloody awesome. Can't they just spin this off into a different series where Conrad becomes President and Nolan is VP or Chief of Staff or whatever, that'd be great.

How about Conrad becomes a CIA Deputy Director of Operations instead? :P

4052-3537.jpg

Also, did anyone else feel the same as me regarding Declan? I have to admit I just sat there and went "meh...."
    His character always seemed to be an unnecessary and annoying sidebar to the main thread.

Conrad has got better looking with age. That silver fox look is totally working for him.
    Yeah, couldn't care less about Declan, it's just sad that Emily has essentially ruined Jack's life.

Was the episode aired on Tuesday-the last one of the season? I don't recall Declan dying??

Lockedout wrote: »
    Was the episode aired on Tuesday-the last one of the season? I don't recall Declan dying??

It didn't show him dying. Nolan came to visit him, next scene we see Nolan he is alone in the hospital room crying when Jack comes in. He tells Jack that Declan is dead and shows him a video on his phone of Declan saying goodbye to him (Jack).
    This is when Jack goes to get Conrad's gun to go shoot him, and he sees Victoria and tells her that she will have to know it's their fault that their grandchild will grow up without his/her father.

Lockedout wrote: »

It was the last episode. 2nd part of 2 part finale.

Nah, Conrad is too evil for me. Like Victoria more this season. Bad but with a tiny bit of compassion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Totally agree. Season hasn't been good but 2 part finale made up for it. Think they will need to work harder on season 3 as a lot of this one was hard to follow and didn't all tie together for me. The initiative part was awful. Didn't add anything to the story. Need to get back to basics like season 1. Just pure and simple Revenge. Love all Victoria's cutting remarks to Emily everytime she sees her.

I too would love it if it went back to its season 1 roots. However a friend said season 3 is going to focus more on Emily's mental health. Has anyone seen any articles / spoilers to this effect?

• Advertisement

I wont be watching season three. Acting is terrible. Writing is so so. Conrad/Victoria-one dimensional relationship. You have to dig deep for good Tv these days but it is there-Breaking Bad for instance.

As for those of you who hope it will go back to its roots-wont happen. Once they introduced the "initiative"-was a sure sign they had no ideas left.

If I had a gun I would have put Jack out of his misery.

Advertisement