Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFA

• 26-06-2012 8:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭

Who would you like to see in your team after 1st of July? And who not!

I'd love if the penguins went after Ryan Suter. Pair him up with Simon Despres so the already very good kid can learn from a world class player.

Who I don't want to see in the 'burgh is Zach Parise, I don't think he's a good fit and at 28 is a bit old too :D

There is talk in Pitt about trading Paul Martin so add a prospect or/and draft pick and get another James Neal like winger for Sid. Possibly Bobby Ryan.

Wouldn't mind seeing some grinders picked up too (Aaron Asham) and see Hall Gill back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Izy wrote: »
    Who would you like to see in your team after 1st of July? And who not!

I'd love if the penguins went after Ryan Suter. Pair him up with Simon Despres so the already very good kid can learn from a world class player.

Who I don't want to see in the 'burgh is Zach Parise, I don't think he's a good fit and at 28 is a bit old too :D

There is talk in Pitt about trading Paul Martin so add a prospect or/and draft pick and get another James Neal like winger for Sid. Possibly Bobby Ryan.

Wouldn't mind seeing some grinders picked up too (Aaron Asham) and see Hall Gill back.

Losing Martin for a prospect/pick would be suicide, I think. Penguins are short on skilled, experienced D-men as it is, after losing Michalek. I can only count the bare minimum six as it is (Martin, Orpik, Letang, Engelland, Lovejoy and Niskanen). Wouldn't mind seeing Carle, Wideman or Suter find their way to Pittsburgh. Roszival either, but money-wise I don't think he'd be worth it.

I can see Suter ending up in Detroit to replace Lidstrom (as if anyone ever could).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

I'm confident we'll get Schultz. What I'm less confident of is how he'll cope in the league.

Niskanen re-signs with the Pens.

Schultz signs for the Oilers.

Busy day today...

Los Angeles Dustin Penner Signed to a one-year contract
    NY Rangers Micheal Haley Signed
    Winnipeg Alexei Ponikarovsky Signed
    Minnesota Torrey Mitchell Signed to a three-year contract
    Minnesota Zenon Konopka Signed to a two-year contract
    NY Islanders Jon Landry Signed to a one-year, two-way contract
    Phoenix Chad Johnson Signed to a one-year, two-way contract
    Phoenix David Moss Signed to a two-year contract
    NY Rangers Stu Bickel Signed
    NY Rangers Arron Asham Signed
    Columbus Nick Foligno Acquired from Ottawa
    Ottawa Nick Foligno Traded to Columbus
    Ottawa Marc Methot Acquired from Columbus
    Columbus Marc Methot Traded to Ottawa
    Columbus Curtis McElhinney Signed to a one-year, two-way contract
    Philadelphia Michael Leighton Re-signed
    Carolina Brett Sutter Re-signed to a one-year contract
    Carolina Justin Peters Signed to a two-year contract
    Carolina Joe Corvo Signed to a one-year contract
    Tampa Bay Benoit Pouliot Signed to a one-year, one-way contract
    Florida Greg Rallo Signed to a one-year, two-way contract
    Winnipeg Jason King Signed
    Carolina Jordan Staal Signed to a 10-year contract
    Tampa Bay Evan Oberg Re-signed to a one-year, two-way contract
    Tampa Bay Sami Salo Signed to a two-year contract
    Anaheim Jordan Hendry Signed to a one-year contract
    Anaheim Sheldon Souray Signed to a three-year contract
    Montreal Mike Blunden Signed to a one-year contract
    Montreal Cedrick Desjardins Signed
    Montreal Brandon Prust Signed to a four-year contract
    Columbus Adrian Aucoin Signed to a one-year contract
    Florida Jon Rheault Signed to a one-year, two-way contract
    San Jose Adam Burish Signed to a four-year contract

Garrison going to Vancouver with Salo moving to Tampa. Ray Whitney to Dallas. Montreal making some moves, signing Prust and Colby Armstrong.

Plenty more here: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/

• Advertisement

Eagerly anticipating Zach Parise's decision on where he'll be playing next season...

https://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/%23parise

Ctrl and F5 on that bad boy for the next few hours I think^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Not confirmed yet, but Parise has apparently signed with the Wild. As a Devils fan I'm just glad he didn't got to an Eastern team.

*Edit: Confirmed. Parise AND Suter to the Wild. They wanted to play together and it's happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,151 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Parise is from Minnesota (as is his Fiancee) so being near their families was a big part of signing with the Wild.

Ryan Suter is originally from Madison Wisconsin (which is about five hours) from Minnesota.

The cynical side of me laughed when Minnesota announced that they were tendering offers to both players. I never thought that either one of them would take the Wild seriously.

Was I ever wrong.

That being said, it's amazing what happens when you spend nearly $200 million on two players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

It's a massive risk though, the Wild wont be able to hang on to many future prospects with this cap hit. Also I'd still be of the opinion that most of the rest of that team are empty shirts, not sure if Parise and Suter will be able to drag them to the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

robby^5 wrote: »
    It's a massive risk though, the Wild wont be able to hang on to many future prospects with this cap hit. Also I'd still be of the opinion that most of the rest of that team are empty shirts, not sure if Parise and Suter will be able to drag them to the playoffs.

the cap hit for both contracts is 7.6mil/year each = 15.2 mil/year which is not too bad.

crosby and malkin = 17.4mil/year now and might change ( go up )when malkin gets a new deal

of course parise and suter are nowhere near as good as the twoheaded monster :D

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Eddie Lack has turned down (reportedly) a qualifying offer from Vancouver.

Implications for Luongo...

Alex Semin signs for Carolina

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Alex Semin signs for Carolina

It's amazing the money he still commands. Granted it's only a one year deal (again), but $7 million is a hefty payday for someone who doesn't show up every night.

Only saw today that Tim Thomas has decided not to play next season. Bit of a shock decision there.

Will be interesting to see how Rask performs with a full-season as a #1 goaltender.

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Only saw today that Tim Thomas has decided not to play next season. Bit of a shock decision there.

Will be interesting to see how Rask performs with a full-season as a #1 goaltender.

It's funny how he took all the money from the front loaded contract and decides to sit out the final year. He hasn't said that he was retiring, only taking off the year.

Classy guy.

Advertisement