Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

An immense "Thank You" to a modern day Superman.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Yeah, you should report the incident to the Guards as he'll not get into the States with a conviction of GBH hanging over him.

Looks like you have him by the balls OP (again perhaps :eek: ? *)

* jumps on the speculation bandwagon

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Plazaman wrote: »
    Yeah, you should report the incident to the Guards as he'll not get into the States with a conviction of GBH hanging over him.

Looks like you have him by the balls OP (again perhaps :eek: ? *)

* jumps on the speculation bandwagon

Did we not establish earlier that the guy who gave out the digs is not going to The States? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

kfallon wrote: »
    Did we not establish earlier that the guy who gave out the digs is not going to The States? :confused:

If this thread has established anything, and it has established bugger all, it has established that one measly fact.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

kfallon wrote: »
    Yeah, it's not him.

I've talked to the OP, the guy was more of a friend of a friend than anyone he was particularly close with.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Yeah, it's not him.

I've talked to the OP, the guy was more of a friend of a friend than anyone he was particularly close with.

so, eh, why did it happen?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I don't want to steal the limelight of the thread, you will have to wait until the OP returns ;)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

I'm sensing a little bit of shared guilt here? ...come on, spill,.. housemate of duggy, blow this case wide open.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Anyway was walking home with one of the lads when we said we should have a play fight. Not taking him seriously, I found myself on the ground with him pushing his palm with full force into my nose trying to break it. Suffice it to say, he was removed from my social circle with immediate effect. The crazy fcuker.

Let's play fight! that's just strange-what did you think would happen
    Thoie wrote: »
    The rest of us grabbed the guy who'd gone mental, and held him back, but he was kicking out like a demon trying to get at the guy across the road.

His legs must have been huge for him to be kicking all the way across the road.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Crash Override

This is worse than waiting to see what happened on the next episode of a TV series that ended on a Cliff-hanger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

I don't want to steal the limelight of the thread, you will have to wait until the OP returns ;)

We need closure!

Also, get well soon OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I found myself on the ground with him pushing his palm with full force into my nose trying to break it.

Hahaha, that's brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

foxyboxer wrote: »
    Was there Whiskey involved?

A few years back a friend of mine said a Tree was saying things about his family. He wanted to 'claim' the tree. Yes, a Tree.

I was. His Ma really was a bit of a slut.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭celticcrash

Some nuts are just parnoid. Something could have being said earlier in the night and the nut picked it up the wrong way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

cowzerp wrote: »
    His legs must have been huge for him to be kicking all the way across the road.

Ginormous legs, or a very small road? Press the red button to vote now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

sounds like there's a vital chunk of the story missing.
    someone you've known for years doesnt just randomly start beating the **** out of you, even if they've been drinking

nope. No info missing. The guy is always acting the "hard man" which doesn't bother me but he started ranting about how i started on him on facebook? I just kind of laughed it off and he pushed me. I told him to calm down and he just started hitting. . . Haven't a clue what to do now because he only lives a few doors down the road and usually pass him in the street so i don't know if i should confront him or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

For some reason, i thought the OP was a girl. Maybe it's cause I never heard a guy thank anyone from the bottom of their heart.

Well done to him. I have seen Taxi Drivers help people in the past too. Police are always appealing to them also. Were are the Garda ? pulling over Taxi drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Even Baron von Munchhausen would have a bit of a problem believing that story, at least the way it is told.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_48ReaLvQSo4/TKOW5blx3SI/AAAAAAAAAJY/BG3hPo97wZ4/s1600/munchausen.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

Brendog wrote: »
    nope. No info missing. The guy is always acting the "hard man" which doesn't bother me but he started ranting about how i started on him on facebook? I just kind of laughed it off and he pushed me. I told him to calm down and he just started hitting. . . Haven't a clue what to do now because he only lives a few doors down the road and usually pass him in the street so i don't know if i should confront him or what?

could you take him????

if so. bash him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I am pie wrote: »
    True, but generally not when you know the person and you're dandering home having a chat. That smells like a crime of passion, probably extremely misguided.

Anyway, OP, we need your testimony here, there's a kangaroo court in session !
    I know four people who lose the plot for no reason with people they know well when really drunk. All but one have now copped on and watch how much they consume.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

Confront him with a punch in the gob.

Take that, you cad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Report the taxi driver for abduction OP. You can't just go driving round dragging people into your car at will :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

It's a tricky one. How's your face? Are you marked?

I'd probably call around to his gaff and see what he has to say for himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 rtunes

It's likely he will be very ashamed without the effects of alcohol on his highly inflated but possibly damaged ego. Hold your head high, it's his fault totally. The guy is a nutter and his behaviour is appalling. Ignore him - unless he apologises of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Confront him via facebook. Worked well before...

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

I am pie wrote: »
    Confront him via facebook. Worked well before...

Im gonna beet da sh1t outa ya if i c ya on da street.

Like if ya agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Im gonna beet da sh1t outa ya if i c ya on da street.

Like if ya agree.

ya man, kik his as!!1!! XD

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Did the taxi driver have to beat up your 'friend' to get at you or how did he pull you to safety?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Must be something in the air last weekend round Tallaght. Lad I know got a fairly bad hiding by 4 blokes on Saturday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

Ush1 wrote: »
    Must be something in the air last weekend round Tallaght. Lad I know got a fairly bad hiding by 4 blokes on Saturday night.
    In a mcdonalds on Saturday just gone?

Advertisement