Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Skrillex in Dublin?

Options
  • 28-10-2011 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Does anyone know when Skrillex is arriving in Dublin by plane/boat/whatever,and are you going to be able to see him?just cause i couldnt get tickets (under 18) and i have followed him since 2010 and i really just want to see him,anyone know?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Yell0 Man

Ah, the folly of youth

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭cheesemaker

2nd Dec @The Academy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Yell0 Man wrote: »
    Ah, the folly of youth

Kwalitee.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

It will be a filthy night by the king of all dubstep and dance music. UNLEASH THE BASS CANNON!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

It will be a filthy night by the king of all dubstep and dance music. UNLEASH THE BASS CANNON!!!!

fry.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭brianc27

Mau5dead wrote: »
    Does anyone know when Skrillex is arriving in Dublin by plane/boat/whatever,and are you going to be able to see him?just cause i couldnt get tickets (under 18) and i have followed him since 2010 and i really just want to see him,anyone know?
    Thanks

hi mate, Skrillex will be arriving by boat from Holyhead, hes getting 15:00 stenaline, so should be in round 7 or 8, so get yourself down to dublin port, arrive early, a crowd is expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭FensterDJ

Mau5dead wrote: »
    Thanks
    since all the way back in 2010, wow, you have him should get together and do an "I remember back in the day" track.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

FensterDJ wrote: »
    since all the way back in 2010, wow, you have him should get together and do an "I remember back in the day" track.

Not quite the same ring to it as "Where were you in '92?" alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭francois

Not quite the same ring to it as "Where were you in '92?" alright.

Or '82 in some cases...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

francois wrote: »
    Or '82 in some cases...

Yeah, really, really, really, really, really, really, really old people's cases... Was rationing still in effect then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭francois

Yeah, really, really, really, really, really, really, really old people's cases... Was rationing still in effect then?

can't recall, bloody alzheimers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

It could be worse - at least you don't have alzheimers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

On a serious note, you'll be very lucky see any celebrity types in Dublin. Best idea is to follow them on Twitter, and you can make an educated guess. Deadmau5 stayed in the Clarion I believe, same goes for a lot of artists who play the O2. The Westin is another one.

Failing that, you could try mooching around the Academy for the day, but again you'll be lucky.

On a even more serious note, Shrillex is the equivalent of Deadmau5 when it comes to personality. They are both have there heads so far up there, they should be surgically removed. I wouldn't expect any nicety if you met him, her or it. Its hard to tell with that fringe! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

I'm going to assume I'm missing some youthful point here, been the 39yr old dinosaur that I am but wtf is the appeal of this 'Skrillex' kid? I've been seeing the name about for a few weeks now and curiousity got the better of me.......... well holy lantering jaysus is this the shyte kids are been subjected too these days? it sounds like a CD that keeps skipping!

Another over hyped KJ doing his bit to destroy the 'DJ' legacy ........... but then again, ya cant just blame Testiclo,Doormau5 & this kid for that, there's obviously a market for them out there ....... sure even Bob the Builder & Mr Blobby had sell out tours!!

*unwraps another wurthers original n rests back in his chair muttering "bloody kids"*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

CiaranMT wrote: »
    fry.jpg
    24c17TobeyMaguire_RE_Born_To_Be_An_Artist-s475x487-177403.jpg

Yeah, I wasn't being sarcastic at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Yeah, I wasn't being sarcastic at all.

You were.

You just don't realise it.

Advertisement