Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

30 euro to spend on a game.

Options
  • 28-12-2010 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

Hey guys. I've got about 30 quid to spend on a playstation 3 game and I'd love to know what games I've missed out on over the last year or so. I'm open to most genres, does anyone wanna recommend a game I could try out? Don't mind buying pre owned games either. I want some value in my thirty, like when I bought saints row 2 or fallout 3. Fantastic games, both very cheap now. Games like god of war 3 don't interest me as much with the single player only, linear experience. I hope I'm not being too picky :-)

Cheers :-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Saw fallout: new vegas going sub €30 in xtra vision earlier !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

I heard it's not as good and prone to crashing?:-O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

the orange box should be cheap enough now, around ~€15. 5 games in it, 4 single player and 1 multiplayer, though i've never played Team Fortress as i've shít internet, but the 4 other games are brilliant. really enjoyed portal and HL2

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭namelessguy

Colibri wrote: »

There are some online updates which take care of that. For my tuppence worth the story is better. But they're two different games.

I'd go for Dead Rising 2, you'll pick it up for under €30 preowned. Replayability is quite good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Usersname

Battlefield: Bad Company
    Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Both absolutely fantastic unbelievable games. Truly works of genius. The single player is awful but the multi-player is out of this world! Your best value for money would be to pick up Battlefield: Bad Company as the sequel is not out long and I doubt you will get a second hand copy with a VIP code for 30eur.

In multiplayer you can actually drive boats, humvees, trucks, buggies, heavy tanks, light tanks, helicopters, use mortar strikes, artillery strikes, and much much more.

Not to mention the destructible environment! If you are still not convinced check out a couple of clips on youtube and watch out for the destructibleness!

• Advertisement

Colibri wrote: »

Lmao you say that after having played Fallout 3 :confused:

We all know these things are a minor annoyance in the epicness of fallout :D

It's not better than fallout 3 imo but it really is as good as it !!!!!!!!!!

I have bad company alright, Christmas present a year ago. Fantastic game, I will definitely consider bad company 2!

How is the timer in dead rising 2? the first one annoyed me lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

picked up Mafia 2 today in Smyths for €30,looks good so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Usersname

In that case I wouldn't suggest getting BC2 unless you have a HDTV :o

Same with metal gear online :-P my high definition monitor broke months ago so I'm stuck with a 14 inch tv at the moment :-D sounds like fallout may be the way to go!

I've heard mixed things about Mafia 2. Might try out a demo (if there is one lol) :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

calex71 wrote: »
    Lmao you say that after having played Fallout 3 :confused:

We all know these things are a minor annoyance in the epicness of fallout :D

It's not better than fallout 3 imo but it really is as good as it !!!!!!!!!!

Fallout 3 was bad for glitches and bugs but iv heard that New Vegas is near unplayable. If you look at the reviews on amazon it gets 3 stars because nearly everyone is complaining about the bugs. Forums all over the interwebz are complaining about how buggy it is. I absolutly LOVED Fallout 3 and im gutted New Vegas is buggy.

Balls.

Hogzy wrote: »
    Fallout 3 was bad for glitches and bugs but iv heard that New Vegas is near unplayable. If you look at the reviews on amazon it gets 3 stars because nearly everyone is complaining about the bugs. Forums all over the interwebz are complaining about how buggy it is. I absolutly LOVED Fallout 3 and im gutted New Vegas is buggy.

If it was that bad there is no way in hell I'd have put 200 hours into it !!!!!!!!

Mafia 2 ..... ok but short lived and under realized 3 days max out of it.

Dead rising 2 is great it's basically the 1st game only less annoying regards the survivors etc

I shall be in town tomorrow so I'll have a look at the games mentioned above :-) cheers lads and possibly lassies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Fallout NV isn't that buggy at all. I have on the PS3 and it's crashed twice on me, with 60 hours gameplay. It's far from a smooth game-play, but nowhere near as bad as some people make it out to be.

It's going cheap everywhere now, and since you liked Fallout 3, it's a no-brainer really.

Other option might be Read Dead Redemption 2nd hand. I think it's around the 30e mark in some places.

Bought New Vegas today. 25 quid for a new copy! Shall be trying it tonight. Once again, boardsies have helped me. Cheers guys and gals :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

There are a few good games knocking around now for under 30 euro, Fallout NV as mentioned but also Enslaved is 20euro & Vanquish is 25 in Game now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

I am playing dragon age: origins at the moment. I am sure its better on the PC, though if like me you don't have a PC than can run, the PS3 one is good and there is plenty of gameplay there as well....I suspect >60hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

argos have a sale on games and one of the bargains to shine out to me was Heavy Rain, new for 12.99. terrific game and you will prob get a lot of that back selling it or trading in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    argos have a sale on games and one of the bargains to shine out to me was Heavy Rain, new for 12.99. terrific game and you will prob get a lot of that back selling it or trading in.

Where did you see that? Says 18.99 on the Argos website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

NFS Hot Pursuit is 30 quid in a few places, or was last week anyway, well worth a bash

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

+1 for Vanquish; it's a crying shame that when I see it for €25-odd, I just KNOW that it's probably not doing too hot in stores (online tho, it's probably fine)
    =|

Although for real bargains, PC gaming is awesome.
    Check out Good Old Games.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Sh1t I forgot Vanquish, crazy fun game, think Gears meets Metal Gear, with mental robots and kick ass guns. Put it this way, when you're hiding in cover you can push a button that makes your character flip his helmet open, spark up a fag, take a pull and flick it away before getting back into the fight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Just picked up Vanquish there yesterday in Gamestop for 18 bob, seems well worth it so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Where did you see that? Says 18.99 on the Argos website

thought i saw it for 12.99 in an argos sale catalogue but maybe i got wrong, if i can double-check, ill post back. even 19 euro for heavy rain isnt too bad...

Advertisement