Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Official Woo Hoo - Happy Days Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Repeats passed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Passed repeat!

Goodbye UL forum its been fun

• Registered Users Posts: 7,547 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

CoOp. Report. Done!!! :D

Just need to print and bind it now. Where in UL could one bind it? Unfortunately, the binder at home was too big to take on the bus with my stuff :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

sup_dude wrote: »
    CoOp. Report. Done!!! :D

Just need to print and bind it now. Where in UL could one bind it? Unfortunately, the binder at home was too big to take on the bus with my stuff :(

Either the Print Room in the Main Building or Snap in the SU Courtyard. Not sure which is cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

Print room is cheaper than snap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭highlydebased

4 euro to get a coop report bound in print room.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

So.... Happy stuff about UL?

FREEEEEE STUUUUFFFFFF!

I don't know why I brought my own pens, I feel like a n00b.

Wooo! Finally have an FYP! No more chasing my tail to get stuff done only for it to be rejected. Now, to work on the proposal... I mean 10 pages before next week is grand, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Are you sure you need 10 pages of a proposal? What course?

YFlyer wrote: »
    Are you sure you need 10 pages of a proposal? What course?

Yup, completely certain. We had an hour talk on it today, due week 8, then literature review is due on week 12. We had a one page summary proposal due on week 4 but I'm going to have to hand it in on Friday. I'm Equine Science

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I can log into outlook in Google Chrome on campus again!

It only took a year guys! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I can log into outlook in Google Chrome on campus again!

It only took a year guys! :D

I can't believe you were still trying!

Fireball07 wrote: »
    I can't believe you were still trying!

I did it by accident in CSIS yesterday after not trying for months. Better than Christmas!

:P

I did it by accident in CSIS yesterday after not trying for months. Better than Christmas!

:P

Lies! wnolan sits alone in his room every night for hours willing it to work, only to be disappointed night after night. Having it finally work is one of the proudest moments of his life and it shouldn't be taken away from by stating it was accidental.

Lies! wnolan sits alone in his room every night for hours willing it to work, only to be disappointed night after night.

No, that's my sex life.

No, that's my sex life.

Not the answer I expected, if I'm honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Yup, completely certain. We had an hour talk on it today, due week 8, then literature review is due on week 12. We had a one page summary proposal due on week 4 but I'm going to have to hand it in on Friday. I'm Equine Science

I guess the proposal will include the research that you will carry out.

YFlyer wrote: »
    I guess the proposal will include the research that you will carry out.

Yeah it has the materials and methods, the problems you might encounter and their solutions and all that stuff.

I would also like to brag that I got three marshmallows with my hot chocolate instead of two in scholars just now. Best day ever!

So I got a pizza in the restaurant in Dromroe today, having avoided it since its opening (didn't want to make a habit of getting pizza seeing as it was so incredibly close).

Sweet. Zombie. Jesus.

That is some of the nicest pizza I've had in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

So I got a pizza in the restaurant in Dromroe today, having avoided it since its opening (didn't want to make a habit of getting pizza seeing as it was so incredibly close).

Sweet. Zombie. Jesus.

That is some of the nicest pizza I've had in a while.

Pizzaco.ie is it? Didn't know it was a restaurant. Their pizzas are alright but good value compared to Papa John's or Dominos

• Advertisement

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Pizzaco.ie is it? Didn't know it was a restaurant. Their pizzas are alright but good value compared to Papa John's or Dominos

Yeah, very nice inside there in fairness.

Chips are lovely too. :)

Anybody know of a cheap place to do my laundry? 6.50 is just too much for a single wash in the village so I'm looking elsewhere now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Anybody know of a cheap place to do my laundry? 6.50 is just too much for a single wash in the village so I'm looking elsewhere now

A lot of us here in Plassey just use the sinks, pop some liquid in and let it soak for a while then use the free dryers, really any other possible way I could do it and it doesn't take too long.

Just an idea if you need it :)

Also, I know the sinks are small but a bucket works, I've washed numerous coats, etc in my sink too :P

Aragneer wrote: »
    A lot of us here in Plassey just use the sinks, pop some liquid in and let it soak for a while then use the free dryers, really any other possible way I could do it and it doesn't take too long.

Just an idea if you need it :)

Also, I know the sinks are small but a bucket works, I've washed numerous coats, etc in my sink too :P

Ah, that's not a bad idea then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Back to the traditional bucket and washboard..
    I like it.. :P

Thought I had it bad with a sh!tty washing machine everywhere I go..
    I'll learn how to use them eventually, til then might opt for the more traditional methods myself... Sink and washing line.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Yeah, very nice inside there in fairness.

Chips are lovely too. :)

Have you tried the wedges there yet?

They'll change your life as you know it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

After having the worst day imaginable I go to put money on my print account and the woman behind the counter is incredibly nice to me. Really made me feel better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Actual wavelength of mercury green lamp: 546 nm
    Experimental wavelength of mercury green lamp: 547.12 nm :D

Thought my calculations were waaaaay off but apparently not. So happy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

Went to costellos last night, it was really good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Midkemia wrote: »
    Went to costellos last night, it was really good!

+1 on that! :D

A mosh pit and Bohemian Rhapsody... never thought I'd be involved in the likes...

Advertisement