Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bulls On Parade Irish Tour '05

Options
  • 04-07-2005 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭

hi guys, This month, Rage Against The Machine tribute, Bulls On Parade begin the "Battle Of Ireland" Tour. We've just recruited Mr. Ian Harrold on the drums who, I have to say is the biggest RATM fan I've ever met and most definately our best drummer to date.

Last week we had the honour of meeting Rage Against The Machine members, Tom Morello, Tim Commerford and Brad Wilk... and some guy called Chris but I don't know who he was... We got to hang out with them a during their 3 nights in Brixton Academy, London which was an amazing experience to say the least. I'll be talking to them again on Sunday which is always handy when Kevin, our guitarist needs to figure out an effect on "War Within A Breath" or something.... anyway...enough bragging about that;

this is pretty much how the gigs are looking at the minute.. We're still in the middle of adding some dates so any suggestions are welcome..

Sat, 16th July: Spirit Store, Dundalk, Co. Louth
    Fri, 22nd July, Frank Arthurs Bar, Keady, Co. Armagh
    Thur, 28th July, Temple Bar Music Centre, Dublin
    Friday 29th July, Dean Jonathon Swift's, Newry, Co. Down
    Sat, 30th July, The Front Page Bar, Belfast

We'll have a website up in the next week or so, so I'll post some photos with the lads from Rage and hopefully some MP3s of our gig on the 16th.

Rock Agus Roll,
    Sean,
    Vocals- Bulls On Parade

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mrshankly

Hi Sean,
    Hit Cork - you'll get the crowds no problem. The Half Moon or Savoy Theatre would be perfect venues. Capital of Culture this year too!
    Fin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

A RATM tribute band?
    Ambitious stuff indeed... Is the voaclist any use at rapping?

How much are the tickets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭ro1798

just saw this have 10 people ready to go when tickets go on salefor the dublin gig?

ronan

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Yes, quite ambitious but they pull it off well. There's no tickets for the gigs. It's usually €10 and you can just pay in at the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

our site just went up.www.bullsonparade.tk it's far from finished. We still have to post some live photos etc. and some Mp3s which we'll record at our gig on the 16th. thanks to Feylya for the help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Come to limerick! I missed the metallica and acdc tributes at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

come to galway!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Stick up some mp3's man, i'm dying to hear what you guys sounds like.

Was watching the DVD of the last ever RATM gig last night, wow, what a band..

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭MunkyHed

About time a Rage tribute band started. Come to Cork, you'll get a massive crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭BleakestH

Last week we had the honour of meeting Rage Against The Machine members, Tom Morello, Tim Commerford and Brad Wilk... and some guy called Chris but I don't know who he was...
    Soundgarden>RATM

Don't get me wrong though, I like 'em.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

great to see your site up and running sean :D

looks good!

you wouldnt believe the problems ive caused at work, with me going to your gig in the TBMC on the 28th for youse guys, but hey you're worth it!

will leeway be supporting you on all these dates ?(me being the leeway whore that i am of course)

and for anybody who's unsure about these guys, dont be
    they pull it off, and they rock hard!

As far as I know, Leeway hasn't been approached for any of the current tour dates. I think they're taking a break from gigging to write some more but I'm not entirely sure.

well my source is this(http://www.leeway.ie/forum/index.php?showtopic=1472&st=0) post on leeway's forum, but maybe its changed since then.... i dunno

Oh. I'd forgotten about that. Well, you can ignore my last post so :p

Keyzer wrote:
    Stick up some mp3's man, i'm dying to hear what you guys sounds like.
    QUOTE]
    Will do... recordin the Spirit Store gig next Saturday so they'll be up a day or so later.

Yea, We're thinkin of doin a Southern Ireland Weekend of Waterford, Cork and Gu-Gu-Gu Galway in August any venue suggestions/ contacts? PM me..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

****in' excellent. I've been meaning to see you guys all year, but always miss the gig by a week or so. You're written in my date book thing so I definitely wont be working.

Legend. Lookin' forward to it already.

f*ckin f*ck... Kevin, our geetarist got some lessons from Tom Morello yesterday at Oxegen. he was really helpfull with some of the more elusive effects and stuff. well...those that he remembered anyway, I couldn't believe it when he asked us to hum the riff from no shelter cos he'd forgotten it. lol. the guy is a legend though

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

That's deadly!! I thought it was fantastic hearing them play Rage songs, and even ending their set on a Rage song!! Fukin' excellent like. So pleased, made my night. I even rocked out with my broken toe, miles from the stage with lots of people staring at me, ha... Memories.

what's up peoples? Our site has just been updated with some MP3s of songs from our gig last week. It was our first gig with new Drummer Ian Harrold and everything sounded surprisingly good after just 2 practises with him.

I think the songs uploaded are:

1.People Of The Sun (full track)
    2. A medley with bits from other songs...

..Haven't listened to the medley cos my speakers are broked but I think it has: War Within A Breath, Take The Power Back, Killing In The Name, Wake Up, Bulls On Parade and maybe some others..

GO LISTEN! www.BullsOnParade.tk

We also got some photos up of us with the guys from RATM so check out the Photos page for them aswell as some of my photos of Audioslave taken from the stage at Oxegen.

Lookin forward to makin our debut up North tomorrow night in Frank Arthurs in Keady, Co. Armagh... not sure what publicity the gig has got in that area but spread the word, should be a great gig.

C ya

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Redegg

a fine tribute band.. Id go just to hear 'know your enemy'. pity i live near none of those places.

• Advertisement

Your playing TBMC this coming thurs, right?

CORRECT. Temple Bar Music Centre, Thursday 28th July, 8pm, €10. Be there and you might get to meet me ;)

Hrm, now to find a friend who isn't broke, is still in the country, isn't Feylya who is free that night, and who wants to see Bulls On Parade!

To the Pimpdaddy collective with you for your friends. After tonights interesting performance, Bulls On Parade are set to entertain, delight and deafen all on Thursday.

OMG, last night was mental, I'm absolutley knackered from it. by the end of it we had crowd surfing, Stage invasions, Female Dancers :confused: ,broken bodies, broken glasses, broken tables, broken guitar amps, broken P.A. system...(it was literally ripped in two :( ) ha ha, and some guy in the crowd set the American flag on fire! :eek: , that was class... if not a bit dngerous.. safety first etc...

Yea, so lookin forward to thursday in TBMC.. should be suitably crazy

ha, I'll stand right at the back of the gig so. Don't want to end up crushed, esp judging from the pics on the site, seems to be an all male mosh goin on there....

Yes, it can be quite boisterous but it will be a good gig. I'll see to that :p

The boisteriousness, or otherwise?

I generally like the moshes, but that looks feirce. I will probably be able to smell the moshy men from miles away anyhoo.

Otherwise. Doors open at 7.30, €10 admission.

• Advertisement

oooh the site has pics from the january gig, im even in one of them :D .
    im SO looking forwaRD to thursday!

Advertisement