Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Late Late Show - 24th May 2013

• 24-05-2013 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 71,519 ✭✭✭✭

We're nearly there, folks!

It's the penultimate Late Late of the season!

Confirmed so far...

Jim Bartley (Bela from Fair City), Spencer Matthews and Jamie Laing from 'Made In Chelsea' and music from Nigel Mooney and his Big Band Orchestra, Frankie Gavin and Michelle Lally!

Former RTE News reader Anne Doyle!

Plus this cryptic tweet from DJ Ray Shah...
    @Ray_Shah: Can't believe I'm going to have hair again! Check out the late late show this evening ��

Unconfirmed...Linda Martin discusses her week of hell, Twink discussing Linda Martin's week of hell.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭squonk

So, guy from the canteen, 2 Z-listers and a Count Bassie wannabe I've never heard of. I can't feckin wait :(.

Linda Martin had a week of hell? What about the music hell she's inflicted on the nation over the years?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Linda Martin and Johnny Logan to perform duet proving they are not one and the same. Jim Bartley to admit he is in fact Dustin's biological father (a drink related mishap with the alleged entertainer Twink).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Thank you WM!.......

Apart from Bella I haven't a clue about anyone else......

I'm on Linda's side, I had the hair and the dress so if that makes me a tranny so be it!!!!!

I bet Twink is laughing her head off though....:(

Hopefully I'll make tonight, I'm on the road so the signal is not the best. This will be my last LLS so I'll be in the party mood....:)

Bring it on!...:)

(em, is there a misery slot tonight??)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Was this the worst ever Late Late Season?

Normally starts off ok but then Tubs get's tired and the material gets heavy and depressing and then it just seems to end on limp note...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

If that's the best they can do they should cancel tonight's show and put on a repeat of the 50th Anniversary show from last year.

We're going to need more Whiskey ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,791 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Meanwhile on The Graham Norton Show tonight there is Will Smith and his son Jaden, Bradley Cooper, Heather Graham, Selena Gomez and Michael Douglas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I think this should be the death knell of the current Late Late Show (although in truth I gave up long ago and just read the boards thread to see what I "missed").

Irish Z listers are bad enough, but UK Z listers now? Does anyone in Ireland even watch that muck? Wasn't it on ITV 2 or something? I think I saw his name on one of those clip shows where they get randomers to comment on something from yesteryear. He wouldn't even get on the red chair on the Graham Norton Show FFS.

I think this should be the death knell of the current Late Late Show (although in truth I gave up long ago and just read the boards thread to see what I "missed").

Irish Z listers are bad enough, but UK Z listers now? Does anyone in Ireland even watch that muck? Wasn't it on ITV 2 or something? I think I saw his name on one of those clip shows where they get randomers to comment on something from yesteryear. He wouldn't even get on the red chair on the Graham Norton Show FFS.
    What the hell are they even going to talk about?

• Registered Users Posts: 84,791 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Made in Chelesa is on E4 and it just won a Bafta, I dont watch the show but the cast were on Alan Carr's show last week :o

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Just for comparison, here is a summary of the guestlists for September 2010-February 2011, as compiled by JonathanAnon back in the day (for a 'worst ever LLS' debate) There are a few dud weeks but in general I would say the Guestlist there was better than what we have endured this year ...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=70501411&postcount=9

September 3rd 2010
    In the first show of the new season, former British Prime Minister Tony Blair gives his first live interview following the publication of his autobiography. Ryan chats to Munster rugby star Donncha O'Callaghan and there are performances by former 'X Factor' stars Jedward and singer Imelda May.

September 10th 2010
    Ryan Tubridy talks to Irish band The Script, former Minister for Defence Willie O'Dea, golfer Graeme McDowell and music from Sharon Corr.

September 17th 2010
    Broadcasting great Micheál Ó Muircheartaigh joins Ryan as he prepares to call time on his career. Also joining Tubridy are comics Des Bishop and Barry Humphries.

September 24th 2010
    Ryan is joined by world boxing champion Katie Taylor, garden designer Diarmuid Gavin. Tim Robbins reflects on his acting career and performs with the 'Rogues Gallery Band' and Derek Davis is part of a panel discussion ahead the RTÉ 'Coming of Age' series as part of Positive Ageing week.

October 1st 2010
    Republic of Ireland football manager Giovanni Trapattoni makes his first Irish chat show appearance since taking up the job in 2008. Writer and former drug smuggler Howard Marks is joined by fellow Welshman and notorious hell-raiser Rhys Ifans to talk about Howard's new biopic 'Mr Nice'.

October 8th 2010
    Ryan Tubridy is joined by The Saturdays singer Una Healy and her uncle Declan Nerney. The High Kings perform with one of their biggest fans, Adam O'Sullivan. Comedian PJ Gallagher chats about his fear of flying and John Lonergan discusses his time as governor of Mountjoy prison.

October 15th 2010
    Ryan Tubridy is joined by Hector Ó hEochagáin, Carol Vorderman and Meath football legend Liam Hayes with a special live performance by Chris de Burgh. Katherine Lynch also perfroms as singer Bernie Walsh.

October 22nd 2010.
    The winner of Ireland's Greatest is announced after a final passionate plea from each of the five advocates. Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood talks about his life and performs live. Also joining Tubridy is domestic goddess Nigella Lawson, fashion stylist Gok Wan and Irish champion jockey Ruby Walsh.

October 29th 2010
    Guests this week include legendary crooner Tom Jones, Irish dance sensation Michael Flatley, singer turned actress Andrea Corr and crime correspondent Paul Williams.

November 5th 2010
    Ryan is joined by Girls Aloud singer Nadine Coyle, Juliette Binnoche, Michael Parkinson and soccer legend John Giles and friends celebrate his 70th birthday.

November 12th 2010
    Ryan is joined by comedian turned author Dawn French, 'Anonymous' funnyman Jason Byrne and acclaimed artist 'Rasher'. Labour party leader Eamon Gilmore discusses the future of Ireland and Cerys Matthews performs live.

November 19th 2010
    Music and chat, hosted by Ryan Tubridy. On this weeks show comedian Dara O'Briain, The Chieftans, X Factor winner Shayne Ward and a panel discuss the possible bail out.

November 26th 2010 – Toy Show
    It's that time of year again! Ryan is joined by children from all around the country as they test out this year's 'must have' toys as well as some old favourites.

December 3rd 2010
    It's that time of year again! Ryan is joined by children from all around the country as they test out this year's 'must have' toys as well as some old favourites.

December 10th 2010
    Ryan is joined by Robbie Williams, Mark Owen and Gary Barlow from Take That, former Prime Minister Gordon Brown and Daniel O'Donnell and his wife Majella.

December 17th 2010
    Ryan is joined by X Factor star Mary Byrne, actress Saorise Ronan, the u23 world cross-country gold medallists and the Rubber Bandits. Johnny Logan, Mary Byrne and The script all perform live.

December 24th 2010
    Ryan Tubridy is joined by Robbie and Claudine Keane, Archbishop Diarmuid Martin and singer-songwriter Jimmy McCarthy.

January 7th 2011
    Ryan talks to American acting legend Brian Dennehy, director Neil Jordan, Boyzone singer Mickey Graham and comedian Neil Delamare hosted by Ryan Tubridy.

January 14th 2011
    Ryan Tubridy chats to Kathryn Thomas about presenting the new series of Operation Transformation and this year's leaders discuss what motivated them to take part in the show. Northern Ireland's Deputy First Minister, Martin McGuinness discusses his role in the peace process. Louis Walsh chats about The X-Factor and The Coronas perform live.

January 21st 2011
    Tubridy has a panel discussion on the week's political upheaval, Riverdance star Jean Butler and conspiracy theories are discussed with Jim Corr and Lord Christopher Monckton - with music from Irish band Clannad and Ryan Sheridan.

January 28th 2011
    Ryan chats to Bob Geldof about the release of his new album and his plans for the year. Domhnall and Brian Gleeson chat about their famous father and their favourite roles. Patsy Kensit reveals her Irish roots and Brendan O'Carroll chats about the success of 'Mrs Brown's Boys'.

February 4th 2011
    Ryan Tubridy interviews Ardal O'Hanlon and former ER actress Maura Tierney about their theatre production. Alastair Campbell talks openly about depression and Fergal Keane discusses his OBE. Sugarland perform their latest single and internet sensations 'Up and Over It' dance with their hands.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

^ Jesus, I really did have a lot of time on my hands, didnt I.. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

I don't know anyone other than Jim Bartley, is Made in Chelsea something like Tallafornia?

I know I laughed at the time that the comment was made about Linda Martin:o, but I really do hope that she and every one else gets a chance to get even with Swedish comedian troll Petra Mede. During the semi finals Petra did a run down on previous eurovision winners and she was not complimentary to any of them. During those two nights she did not mention any of Irelands wins, she only mentioned River Dance - looks like she was saving it all up for the Eurovision Final.

I bet Twink is laughing her head off though....:(

Twink's PUBLIC reaction to the joke about Linda Martin.

Twink defends Linda Martin after Eurovision ‘drag queen’ jibe
    TWINK has jumped to the defence of Linda Martin after she was branded a ‘drag queen’ during this year’s Eurovision final. “Quite honestly I almost fell off the kitchen stool when I heard what happened. I thought it was very, very nasty”, she told The Star.“Linda has represented herself and her country superbly over the years and is a big supporter of the contest.”

Twink's PRIVATE reaction to the joke about Linda Martin.

Twink-3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

last week it was a singing Traveller and now this weeks star guest is a bloke who appears every now and again in Fair City

really is appalling the depths this show has sunk to

time to do the honourable thing Tubirty and leave the country

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Blimey....is that the sound of a barrel being scraped? What an atrocious lineup, even by recent LLS standards:eek:

Just put this lame dog out of its misery and finish the season tonight!

I shudder to think what's being planned for next week's grand finale!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Meanwhile on The Graham Norton Show tonight there is Will Smith and his son Jaden, Bradley Cooper, Heather Graham, Selena Gomez and Michael Douglas
    Poor Graham, he hasn't much to work with there ;):D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

i know what I'll be watching..........ta:P

• Registered Users Posts: 71,519 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Evening all!

1192ype.jpg

Let's get this over with

Friday night par-tay!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,975 ✭✭✭Hitchens

16-hello1.gif
    penultimate one here goes!

I have a perfect signal.......

Stop the lights!!!!

Good Evening All!!!!!

Lets have the craic...........:):):)

• Advertisement

Evening All, Well played WM:D:D:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Good Evening Everyone!

Did ye see the report on the 9 O'Clock news about the Meath granny who locked suspected thieves in her farmyard until help arrived?

Lets all raise a glass to Supergran, Ann Curtis :D Good woman Ann!

NWS_20130524_ANA_022_27698810_I1.JPG

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/granny-locked-suspected-thieves-into-back-yard-as-she-rang-for-help-29292494.html

Wheeeeeeee.......Around the dresser three times Baby!!!!

Turn up the backing track ffs... Another tour de force from the RTE sound team...

Hitchens wrote: »
    16-hello1.gif
    penultimate one here goes!

Quick hide the baby before Ryan tries to pick him/her up.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Evening all. Let's hope Tubs can make a silk purse out of this sow's ear of a show tonight :rolleyes:

Although I doubt he will :(

Well that's a sh1t start

• Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

The violin is totally out of place

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSuyidBm71aeSas2Lyx6FipgUeNFavgPoZ7TUORi_qzJHSCYK5f3w

.. and tonight Matthew I'm going to be Frank Sinatra having a nightmare!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

<over enthusiastic tone>

Good evening there little people!!!! Coming up this evening on boards.ie, we will dissect every detail of the poor excuse of entertainment on Irish TV. Watch out the lucky people in the audience, because if you escape being hit by a low flying microphone, you certainly wont be missed by our critics.

Our special guest this evening is the fastest typing late late critic we have ever seen. This guy can be compared in bravery to the flying nun. He hasn't jumped out of a plane, but he has sat through countless episodes to bring us his comical views. Currently sitting in the green room is JonathanAnon.. Our quartet are practicing his walk on music.

Also, a national warning to bottle banks nationwide, the time has come.

Advertisement