Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Far Cry 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Anyone who's thinking of buying FC2, it's €10 cheaper in Smith's Toystore (Mary St). Installing it now!

Edit: It won't activate. Says I've entered the wrong number. I've checked it five times, so I know it's right :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

preordered this but unlikely it'll be here before the weekend :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

humanji wrote: »
    I'm loving all the little things in the game. I'm not mad about the snapping of bones back into place, but I'm a bit squeemish like that. :o

Yeah, some of it's nasty alright, the bones in particular. First time I saw it I was thinking "What the hell is he doing looking at his foot there's n....OH JESUS OH JESUS"

And I also like when you get killed, your buddy arrives and as you fade in and out of consiousness, you see them pulling you up and fighting off all the attackers.

Indeed, except when your buddy dragging you into a blazing inferno and you wake up on fire... Only happened once but I have my eye on that shifty brazilian now:pac:
    I kind of like the weapon jamming mechanic, but it happens a little too often. It does add a whole new level of excitment to firefights, but if your weapons keep on jamming, it just adds frustration. Again, I'd say some mods will come along that'll sort this out.

Have you bought the weapon and any reliabilty upgrades? I was using a rifle I picked up which was jammin' like Bob Marley until I bought a new version of it and an upgrade. Rarely jams now.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Christ yet another game you can't buy digitally from Steam, D2D, Ubi's own service or any other digital store for that matter.

It pisses me off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I know the sun god is scary. You really need to work on this fear of games shops max...

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I know the sun god is scary. You really need to work on this fear of games shops max...

But there's so many germs....

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Iluvjazzmasters

Anyone who's thinking of buying FC2, it's €10 cheaper in Smith's Toystore (Mary St). Installing it now!

Edit: It won't activate. Says I've entered the wrong number. I've checked it five times, so I know it's right.

Im having the same problem from the retail copy. I rang up gamestop today and as far as they know, ubisoft havent released the cd activation keys yet.Ive been entering the same ****ing code for the last hour.

Anyone else having problems on the pc version?

Very annoying, i was looking forward to carving up some meaty zebra loins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

is it a free roaming game? scuze my ignorance haven't had chance to catch any reviews lately :-P going to invest in 30 mins when i finish work!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

loving it so far.like others said its the little things that make it awsome. i love how when you go to sleep and you set the time how it shows the day changing sun setting/rising etc.looks class..also about the weapons the game said if you pick them up off people you have killed there like old ones so are gonna jam on you more often than if you by them brand new

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Soby wrote: »
    also about the weapons the game said if you pick them up off people you have killed there like old ones so are gonna jam on you more often than if you by them brand new

Yep, also the more you use a new weapon the more worn it becomes and eventually is as bad as ones picked up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Im having the same problem from the retail copy. I rang up gamestop today and as far as they know, ubisoft havent released the cd activation keys yet.Ive been entering the same ****ing code for the last hour.

Anyone else having problems on the pc version?

Very annoying, i was looking forward to carving up some meaty zebra loins

Nope ;) Yet another example of game companies screwing over the people loyal enough to actually buy the game. Why the hell would they release a game only to unlock the serials of it some time later, the mind boggles.

It would be bad if, because you've been entering in the serial over and over for an hour, that the DRM somehow got messed up and your serial is now locked out.

I'll be buying this game, but only after the first patch is out which will inevitably alter the DRM to make it more lenient and fix the bugs that us gamers will be beta testing for Ubisoft to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Right playing it now first points are slightly bad

1.Mouse is extremely sluggish even at sensitivity at 100

2. Dialogue is way too fast its just ridiculous

Other then that its gooood

I got the activation issue sorted with a little bit of internet ingenuity.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

where are you suppose to go while your waiting for your man mike to return to his gun shop?

I got the activation issue sorted. Took a bit of lateral thinking.

First impressions:

1. Pretty good. Firefights are nasty!
    2. Not as smooth as I'd like. Bit of videocard overclocking should fix it though.
    3. Mouse control is slooow.
    4. No doubt about it, it's better then FC1.
    5. Aiming is tougher - more realistic really.
    6. I like the limited weapons carrying - again more realistic.
    7. The healing is very handy, but I'm still getting killed.
    8. The AI is better then FC1.

All in all, 9 out of 10 so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

where are you suppose to go while your waiting for your man mike to return to his gun shop?
    He's only there during the daytime IIRC. If its your first time visiting the gun shop, just use the computer to purchase a new weapon to complete the objective

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

DarkJager wrote: »
    He's only there during the daytime IIRC. If its your first time visiting the gun shop, just use the computer to purchase a new weapon to complete the objective
    he's also only there if you're not on a mission afaik

Does anyone know if the weapons you get at the start in the first safe house are different with each new game? When I started
    I got the assault rifle and a pistol & rocket launcher. When one of the lads started, he got a flamethrower instead...which is much more fun in this game I think you'd agree :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

DarkJager wrote: »

cheers man.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Just started messing around with the map editor there..Its great craic.Anyone tried multiplayer yet..Any good?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

The driving back and forth constantly is starting to get to me....

The driving back and forth constantly is starting to get to me....

Have you used the bus stations? They let you fast travel, but it can be a right pain in the cock trying to get to one of them (usually meet 3 or 4 different patrols on route)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

even with the bus stations , (which ive rarely used coz it was faster by car) i think ive spent most of my time driving or running. A few missions close to the mission giver would be nice, or maybe being able to pick up multiple missions.

Spunge wrote: »
    even with the bus stations , (which ive rarely used coz it was faster by car) i think ive spent most of my time driving or running. A few missions close to the mission giver would be nice, or maybe being able to pick up multiple missions.

Aye im beginning to loath getting a kill this guy mission and the guy is on the other side of the map

Like the kill the police chief in the police station mission? I spent about 10 minutes travelling in my boat down the river only to get blown to bits by a swarm of enemy boats

Also, is anybody else having trouble understanding what's going on in the story???? I think the really fast talking is not helping...

Btw how many people got AVG detecting a virus when installing

http://www.geocities.com/thomasmoore10/farcry2.jpg

Seems to be SecuRom still sounds dodgy though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

What difficulty are you playing at?

I'm playing on the third hardest level, hardcore I think it is ! I haven't died yet, even after running point blank into enemies that for some reason can't see me approaching, or shooting at them, just as one or two are killed then they start reacting to me !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Stev_o wrote: »
    Btw how many people got AVG detecting a virus when installing

http://www.geocities.com/thomasmoore10/farcry2.jpg

Seems to be SecuRom still sounds dodgy though

Had the same problem with Bioshock and ended up ditching AVG and installing Avast instead after it kept deleting the executable:mad:

Just cancelled plans for tonight so that I can get stuck into FC2 properly, how fecking sad is that:p

I love this game,I love how you can drive anywhere and knock fellas down or burn them to death with the flamethrower :D.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Maximilian wrote: »
    Christ yet another game you can't buy digitally from Steam

its now available via steam in europe.

Advertisement