Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Damages - Season 5 [DirecTV - US] [** Spoilers **]

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Next Wednesday at 9, allow DHL 3 days for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,790 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Hope it's available to watch as soon as possible. Unlike the last two weeks when it was Saturday before they were released.
    Can't even begin to tell you how much I'm looking forward to it, I've rewatched the entire series in two weeks in celebration of the finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm up to episode 5 of season 5, having watched the whole thing from the very start (for the first time) in the last 4 weeks. It's such a great show.

I should be synced up by the weekend. :o

Absolutely fantastic finale, and I couldn't be more satisfied with the ending. Though I can understand if some people have quibbles with it.
    First things first if Glenn Close doesn't win an Emmy for her performance in this episode then the world is bat**** crazy.
    I didn't see Michael's death coming at all. Heartbreaking, and then Ellen pulling a total Patty by taking Rutger out? My mind was completely blown. Oh, and I totally loved the David cameo. It's little things like that that warm my heart.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I was hoping that Patty would have ended up at the bottom of the East River.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Not quite what I expected but that interview did clear some things up.
    No court room case. I was initially WTF? I thought this was pay off. But when Patty talked to Ellen on the pier and explained that she just wanted to see how far Ellen would go - it was all worth it. That was the pay off. Beautiful.

Ellen collapsing due to the pregnancy makes a lot of sense (and explains why there was no pool of blood which would have happened if she'd fallen from the roof). Having Rutger knee deep in it all, including Nicole Wallace's murder also makes a lot of sense. I initially thought it was Patty but Rutger is more satisfying.

And then the family angle. Firstly, Glenn Close deserves all the TV acting awards for that scene with her father. Anything else would just be ridiculous. It showed her, for once, almost vulnerable but explained so much about her. And then to cut her father off only to have her son die.
    It led to the final shot of Patty just alone with her thoughts - nobody to talk to or confide in. It was the right final shot.

The more I think about it, the more I'm happy with the final episode. Very satisfying end to a strong season for a strong show. It'll be a long time before any other show gives us such a strong dynamic as Patty and Ellen.

Credit where credits due. The writers and Glenn Close really delivered when it came to Patty Hewes. To even feel an ounce of sympathy towards a character as dispicable as Patty is a triumph.
    Only thing is what with award season being so far away and the limited audience numbers Damages telecasted to on Direct Tv it's looking likely that Close will be overlooked.

And breathe.....

Anyone else hold their breath during that last scene? Expecting some sort of horrible end to Patty Hewes? Just finished the last episode, and my heart is still pounding.

Emmy nod at the very least. There has to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I wondered was that Prada Patty was wearing in the final scene? :P She looks Botoxed to the hilt - great make up I guess!

The scene with her father was extraordinary.

Shame Ray Fisk or Tom Shayes couldn't come back into one of the dreams, but a very satisfying end to the show. I'll miss it.

Reliving past roles, perhaps?

co8.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Mr E wrote: »
    Emmy nod at the very least. There has to be.
    You'd hope but then too often, they just seem to copy-and-paste last year's nominations.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,790 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Starts on RTE 1 tonight at 12.35pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Starts on RTE 1 tonight at 12.35pm

The folks at Montrose aren't showing a lot of faith there, are they? :rolleyes:

Advertisement