Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Scuffle With Gardai

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,295 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Mossy Monk wrote:
    You say didn't seem. Unless you were there yourself how can you say what he was doing.

Yes I said "seem". Implying that I wasn't there. Were you?

Boston wrote:
    he didn't deserve a smack in the head for his trouble.

I didn't say he did deserve it. The guy who hit him hopefully got a long sentence. Just pointed out that he was up for a bit of aggro. Just because he's wearing a uniform doesn't make him a saint.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Collie D wrote:
    Yes I said "seem". Implying that I wasn't there. Were you?
    well i happened to be there. i wasn't the amateur director though :D

tha garda didn't intentionally hit anyone who wasn't being violent. why would he when there were so many violent people to choose from?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,295 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

well i happened to be there. i wasn't the amateur director though :D

tha garda didn't intentionally hit anyone who wasn't being violent. why would he when there were so many violent people to choose from?

Fair enough, at least you were there to see everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭monkey tennis

Collie D wrote:
    Love the commentary though. "You won't hit a Guard again for the craic" :D

I was highly tickled by the poncey voice!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Collie D wrote:
    Fair enough, at least you were there to see everything.
    try and spot me. i'm wearing my commander vimes name badge :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

SpAcEd OuT wrote:
    Just on the shell video if you look closely your man clearly takes a swing at the gaurd before the gaurd throws him into the ditch.

Completely justified

I looked a few times but couldn't see the swing. The guy was acting the maggott allright though and probably only had himself to blame. Could he simply have been restrained though? Maybe not the way he was squirming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Can't believe the amount of retards commenting on youtube about the guy who took the video of the idiots on the street rather than the amount of scum in the street, they're no better than the little ****s, the knacker in the grey tracksuit got a good thump in the face when he went for the garda and he suddenly realised he wasn't the hard man he thought he was.
    And because someone can speak without going through their nose and saying 'story' at the end of every sentence, i.e. speak normally, makes them posh :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

LOL @ some yanks reply....(and he was serious)
    He hit the guard for the crack. I thought that was just a Vancouver/Lower Mainland thing. You can get ppl to do illegal things for $2-$5 a stabbing is only $5. Hit this guard and I will give you a hit of crack. The rate to torch a building is $1,500 which is basically the same pay as smuggling drugs in a backpack across the border.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

fight the powah

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

PMSL! i did actually have some respect for the protestors until i saw this video... i know the protestor in the blue rugby jersey who holds back the guy at the end of the video......he drank a pint of his own piss on the a bus home from a rugby match,and he also snorts vodka up his nose through straws.Really is not a good rep for the protestors at all!

• Advertisement
Advertisement