Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Voice Of Ireland

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

doll_ wrote: »
    I would really appreciate any comments any of you have on the quality of tonight's performance, but not on any other aspect of the show and I feel I was given a great opportunity by this show and I would not appreciate bad mouthing of Jessica, Bressie or the show. Thank you.

Well done, sorry you didn't get through.

But I can say what I want thanks :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 84,325 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kate here from Team Bressie. My Dad was banned from Boards.ie a couple of days ago he asked for support for me for tonights Battle Show. It was originally thought he was looking for votes for me for the live shows but it is now apparent I have not passed the battle stage. I'd really appreciate any comments any of you have on the quality of the performance of tonight's battle but not on any other aspect of the show as I really feel I was given a great opportunity by these people and would not appreciate any bad mouthing against Jessica, Bressie or the show. Thank you.

You did well, I thought you deserved to go through

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

The format is very unfair IMO.

They should :D wait for it:-

Hold the first round of Battle,

a second round of battles between the winners (of which the winners go straight through to the finals) and between the losers (the losers of which are kicked out).

A third round where the Winning Losers are up against the Losing Winners, the winners of which go into the finals.

It seems like alot but in fairness the amount of time the spend introducing the acts, they could have held the battles in one 90 min show.
    Coming up next on THE VOICE OF IRELAND, Kian is interrupt, Bressie deliberates, Sharron has a look of shock and sadness, Brian is in tears over the performances and the contestants BATTLE IT OUT IN THE VOICE OF IRELAND.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Elmo wrote: »
    The format is very unfair IMO.

They should :D wait for it:-

Hold the first round of Battle,

a second round of battles between the winners (of which the winners go straight through to the finals) and between the losers (the losers of which are kicked out).

A third round where the Winning Losers are up against the Losing Winners, the winners of which go into the finals.

It seems like alot but in fairness the amount of time the spend introducing the acts, they could have held the battles in one 90 min show.

So the winners go through, to face the losers, and then the winners of that face the Losing Winners ...

Sorry, Elmo, I'm going to need something like Alan Partridge's SoccerMeter for this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭paudgenator

Kate from Team Bressie here. My Dad was banned a couple of nights ago because he asked for support for me in tonight's show. It was thought he was looking for votes for me in the live shows. As is apparent now, I did not pass the battle stage. I would really appreciate any comments any of you have on the quality of tonight's performance, but not on any other aspect of the show and I feel I was given a great opportunity by this show and I would not appreciate bad mouthing of Jessica, Bressie or the show. Thank you.

I vaguely remember reading his post - it didnt strike me he was looking for votes - more letting us know you were on & that he was proud :) as he should be - you were great. Maybe he will get re-instated now that its clear we couldnt have voted anyway.

Good luck with your singing future - its so hard to get a lucky break and many who get voted out in the battles are better than some who continue on in other talent shows. Just goes to prove what talent is out there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Skid wrote: »
    So the winners go through, to face the losers, and then the winners of that face the Losing Winners ...

Sorry, Elmo, I'm going to need something like Alan Partridge's SoccerMeter for this :D

Allow me to explain...

Round 1: The Battles

Right... Okay.

Round 2: Winners V Winners (Winners through to the final) and Losers V Losers (Loser go home)

Right .... Okay.... stay with me.

Round 3: Losing Winners V Winning Losers (Winners go the the finals, Losers go home)

Right ... Okay ... Keep up honest its is a fairer system even if a little complex

Then on to the finals. :D Happy to clear up any questions anyone might have on this new and improved system. Sure it would give Katheryn Thomas something to explain at the ad break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 doll_

amdublin wrote: »

But I can say what I want thanks :confused:

You can do exactly that. I was just expressing my disinterest in posts aimed at me that might be portraying Bressie or the show in a bad light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Kate here from Team Bressie. My Dad was banned from Boards.ie a couple of days ago he asked for support for me for tonights Battle Show. It was originally thought he was looking for votes for me for the live shows but it is now apparent I have not passed the battle stage. I'd really appreciate any comments any of you have on the quality of the performance of tonight's battle but not on any other aspect of the show as I really feel I was given a great opportunity by these people and would not appreciate any bad mouthing against Jessica, Bressie or the show. Thank you.

Best of Luck doll! You have your foot in the door now, so to speak, so best wishes! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Rubbish with names, so just looked up Kate to see which one you were...i thought it was daft to put the two of ye against each other, both really excellent, was the strongest pairing i thought.

You look a bit like Adele too fwiw. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

FWIW Kate Mrs B and myself both thought you were the better singer of the two last night. You've a lovely clean quality to your singing. But agree with others that it was a tough call and both of you were better than a lot of the others last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Hi all,

Just want to say my faith in the arguing/debate process has been restored.

I posted last week about my daughter being on the voice (Kate Gilmore)
    I just want to say I was bursting with pride watching her last night.

Oh and someone mentioned the blond girl sounds like Geraldine from the apprentice.............I never ever realised it until I seen her being intervied but she really does ha ha., She'll kill me if she reads this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Elmo wrote: »
    Allow me to explain...

Fair play, I think I have it now.

I think I am converted to the Elmo Format after all. Everyone gets a second chance. Nice work, Elmo :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

When did you find out you didn't get through?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

not yet wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just want to say my faith in the arguing/debate process has been restored.

I posted last week about my daughter being on the voice (Kate Gilmore)
    I just want to say I was bursting with pride watching her last night.

Oh and someone mentioned the blond girl sounds like Geraldine from the apprentice.............I never ever realised it until I seen her being intervied but she really does ha ha., She'll kill me if she reads this.
    Well done to Kate, took a lot of guts to get up there. That is the hardest part starting off. Least people will know who she is now. She should try get couple gigs in small venues, get her name out. Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭doomed

Standard is much higher than I thought. Strange to see Kian passing judgement on people who probably sing better than he does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 fccomment

Shame to see the talented have to walk off stage. They don't get a whole lot of support and are not much better off than those who were rejected on day 1. Poor Dan singing the Andrea Boccelli classic Time to say goodbye got an unfair result. Vanessa and himself were the best I've seen on tv for a long time. Shame. Beautiful talent and Vanessa was just fantastic imho.

Better than the AITS or the You're a Star amateurs anyway.

Look forward to hearing Kian's voice (singing I mean)

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Bloody ads take forever!

Is your man on tonight? The youngish fella with the vey odd voice/style who Bressie picked..?

Oh, evening all...:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,682 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

fccomment wrote: »
    Look forward to hearing Kian's voice (singing I mean)

"HOW YA DOIN'?!!" :pac:

Keep reminding her about her nerves will only make her worse FFS

Where is everyone tonight???

Nerves are destroying her.

Which is a shame because she has a much stronger voice. :(

Open your eyes man!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Open your eyes man!!
    Im here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

That was nice but I liked her better

Tough decision but the right one...

Can't imagine how irritating it is for the contestant to have their arm yanked up in the air by Sharon while they're trying to have a little moment with the person voted off.

• Advertisement

How do you duet with this lad..?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement