Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SUSI Grant application

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bizzyb

jjll wrote: »
    How long are people waiting for susi assesments

I contacted them, they said after documents are received it takes 4-6 weeks for final assessment. Susi is a complete mess compared to CAO.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭GingerNut93

bizzyb wrote: »
    I contacted them, they said after documents are received it takes 4-6 weeks for final assessment. Susi is a complete mess compared to CAO.

They have my documents nearly 7 at this stage. There very slow with the process I have to say. I think I'll wait it out until the end of the month and then get in contact with them. You wouldn't want to waiting or anything lol

Are you waiting long?

They have my documents nearly 7 at this stage. There very slow with the process I have to say. I think I'll wait it out until the end of the month and then get in contact with them. You wouldn't want to waiting or anything lol

Are you waiting long?

Yes it's very frustrating, every evening I check the online tracker, I'm sick of checking at this stage! The have mine 5 weeks, I would imagine you should get word soon but with SUSI, who knows!
    Best of luck with your studies.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ais942

I applied for a new application like last week. Does anyone know if I get my college course and grant, will they pay for my college fees on time for when I go to college or will I be waiting ages and will have to pay the fees myself until they pay it back? I know I should have applied much earlier than now.

ais942 wrote: »
    I applied for a new application like last week. Does anyone know if I get my college course and grant, will they pay for my college fees on time for when I go to college or will I be waiting ages and will have to pay the fees myself until they pay it back? I know I should have applied much earlier than now.

As far as I know it depends on the college itself. Some colleges wait for SUSI to make the payment, other colleges rather you make the payment and then SUSI to reimburse you. I could be totally wrong but you should check it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 ais942

As far as I know it depends on the college itself. Some colleges wait for SUSI to make the payment, other colleges rather you make the payment and then SUSI to reimburse you. I could be totally wrong but you should check it out.

Thanks very much! I will check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 40,799 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Mousey- wrote: »
    What is the penalty for submitting after midnight tonight? I am still awaiting account information for my self employed father that I cant provide until it arrives back from revenue.

Can you not go ahead and apply?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Can you not go ahead and apply?

Did SUSI not close at 5:15 today?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Shannore

SUSI only pays fees directly to the college but the college knows who it will be paid for because they have to confirm your registration to SUSI before they award the grant. CAO has its applications since 1 February and will offer places from mid-August, so SUSI assessment period is not too bad in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

Are people submitting documentation to SUSI before receiving the initial assessment?

I hadn't because the auto-ack email stated "NOTE: Do not send any documentation unless requested to do so by SUSI." but am unsure now...

• Advertisement

kaki wrote: »
    Are people submitting documentation to SUSI before receiving the initial assessment?

I hadn't because the auto-ack email stated "NOTE: Do not send any documentation unless requested to do so by SUSI." but am unsure now...

No you only send what the look for.

they will send you a letter with a checklist of the documents you have to send. when did you apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

when my daughter applied to the cao she had to send all docs to them ie my earnings and her fathers earnings and she ticked box so that cao would give all that info to susi. Then about 5/6 weeks ago she got letter and she only had to send away a checklist no other docs were needed I must get her to go on the online tracker tomorrow

lulu1 wrote: »
    when my daughter applied to the cao she had to send all docs to them ie my earnings and her fathers earnings and she ticked box so that cao would give all that info to susi. Then about 5/6 weeks ago she got letter and she only had to send away a checklist no other docs were needed I must get her to go on the online tracker tomorrow

As far as i know the only details CAO give SUSI is your course choices? I applied the mature student route so maybe there different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Could anyone tell me do you have to be told by susi the amount you are getting before entering your bank acc details

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

they will send you a letter with a checklist of the documents you have to send. when did you apply?

Thanks for replying, I applied on the 2nd of July but haven't heard anything back yet :(

Thanks for replying, I applied on the 2nd of July but haven't heard anything back yet :(

I applied on the 9th of May and still don't know yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

they might get a shift on now results are out

• Registered Users Posts: 40,799 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

This is SUSI!!!

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

We should be so lucky!! I have my college place and now I'm anxiously waiting to see if I get a grant or not :(

• Advertisement

We should be so lucky!! I have my college place and now I'm anxiously waiting to see if I get a grant or not :(

I honestly don't know what there at, is it just 1 or 2 people stuck I'm a miserable office somewhere! I don't know of a single person that have got final assessment yet

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Sara3305

does anyone know the course code for the PME in UCD? i need it to fill out my appeal form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Sara3305 wrote: »
    does anyone know the course code for the PME in UCD? i need it to fill out my appeal form.

This one ? http://www.ucd.ie/education/graduateprogrammes/taughtprogrammes/professionalmastersineducationpme/

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Xscreamokidx

Anyone else's on "Awaiting final assessment"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

yep still been like that 5 weeks now

8 weeks waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭dan1

Yip and I applied the day after it opened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

Been waiting on my documents letter since the 16th of June. Said they sent it the other day, nothing yet.

Renewal btw.. How is it even possible that it's taking longer renewing it than starting from scratch? :P

Yeah I have been in this stage for weeeks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

I think things will get kickstarted now the the LC results are out. Or when they start getting offers

Advertisement