Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HKC Securealarm tamper external bell fault

• 14-10-2012 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭

Twice during the night the alarm went off even though I didn't have it armed. Scared the bejaysus out of me and did no favours for the neighbours either. The above fault is showing in the log. Can anybody tell me what I need to do? By the way I left the engineers menu open after the second time, is that why it stopped happening?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its either the lid on the external bell is not closed correctly or there is a bad connection between the panel & the bell.
    Leaving it in engineer mode will stop it activating the alarm. The external may still ring though .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Thank you. Could you recommend someone to come out and take a look? I'm in Drogheda.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 niello

Hi,
    I have a hkc alarm and every so often the alarm goes off and it comes up with a message Tamper zone 3 even though no one has tempered with zone 3. I have engineers code for alarm. Can i disable the tamper feature on the zone or what is the best way to fix problem?
    Any help much appreciated.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

In engineer mode you can disable the zone totally by programming the zone type as unused.
    You can physically disconnect and close off the tamper at the panel inputs.
    There is a faulty connection or a faulty device on that zone. You will need to check the resistance on that whole zone to find the problem.

Thanks for the advice, I don't have the manual so am not sure how to disable the zone permanently? Do you know where i can get manual or do you have instructions. How would I disconnect and close of the tamper at the input panel.
    Also I am not 100% clear on purpose of tamper feature. Can I check if the tamper is turned off does that automatically mean that the alarm no longer works on this windows or is simply that the tamper feature is turned off and if someone opened the window the alarm would go off.
    Thanks again.
    Regards,
    N

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

niello wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice, I don't have the manual so am not sure how to disable the zone permanently? Do you know where i can get manual or do you have instructions. How would I disconnect and close of the tamper at the input panel.
    Also I am not 100% clear on purpose of tamper feature. Can I check if the tamper is turned off does that automatically mean that the alarm no longer works on this windows or is simply that the tamper feature is turned off and if someone opened the window the alarm would go off.
    Thanks again.
    Regards,
    N

Sent you the manual by P.M.

The tamper and alarm are separate circuits. When you close off either loop you take the two cores out of the zones tamper in question and place a piece of cable across the tamper to close it off.
    When you close off the tamper loop in the control panel for the zone the system thinks the tamper is still working. The alarm loop will still work.
    This depends on the way the zone is wired of course as resistors could be used.
    If you turn off the zone/set it to unused then the zone is taken out of the system.

to close off loop, is it just a question of twisting both ends of cables together and taping with duct tape or is there something else i need to do. I am a little confused on that point?
    Thanks,
    N

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

to close off loop, is it just a question of twisting both ends of cables together and taping with duct tape or is there something else i need to do. I am a little confused on that point?
    Thanks,
    N

Are you working on this from the panel side or at the devices?

Thanks,
    N

You need to put a link or a piece of cable across the tamper side of the zone in the control panel.

Hi,am working from device at moment, the zone where issue appear to lie, i havent gone near panel yet but am do so if required. thanks N

• Advertisement

Hi,am working from device at moment, the zone where issue appear to lie, i havent gone near panel yet but am do so if required. thanks N

Let us know how you get on.

Advertisement