Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

iPhone 4 Box

Options
  • 11-08-2010 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for the original box for an iPhone 4. It doesn't have to include all accesories but would be a bonus if it did :)

Anyone think they can help me out?

Thanks in advance

Jack

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

dont think anybody will give up their own box as its needed come sale time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Accessories? Like charger, docking cable and earphones?

Whatcha do? Nick someone's iPhone?

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

irlrobins wrote: »
    Accessories? Like charger, docking cable and earphones?

Whatcha do? Nick someone's iPhone?

Haha, no I bought an iPhone off someone. Just the iPhone itself, no box etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Jakmeehan wrote: »
    Haha, no I bought an iPhone off someone. Just the iPhone itself, no box etc

Would they not sell you the box too? lol... this just sounds dodgy!

Nope they didn't have box for some reason....?

lol

• Advertisement

Nope they didn't have box for some reason....?

lol

Did you get a reason? I'm assuming they gave you receipt etc...

Did you get a reason? I'm assuming they gave you receipt etc...
    yup, he said that he got it sent from england and it came without its box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

Hi,

I'm looking for the original box for an iPhone 4. It doesn't have to include all accesories but would be a bonus if it did :)

Thanks in advance

Jack

Phonerjacker?

I have a box only as my phone was robbed:mad::mad::mad::mad:

yup, he said that he got it sent from england and it came without its box

i'd say it was shipped from England to Ireland wrapped up in a towel or clothes to protect it from scrapes etc

the box was removed due to being too bulky and adding to the cost of postage!

hopefully you bought a genuine / not stolen iPhone and the IMEI is not blocked by the original owner!

kceire wrote: »
    i'd say it was shipped from England to Ireland wrapped up in a towel or clothes to protect it from scrapes etc

the box was removed due to being too bulky and adding to the cost of postage!

hopefully you bought a genuine / not stolen iPhone and the IMEI is not blocked by the original owner!
    yeah hopefully lol but I still need the box for resale purposes

Twin-go - were you messing or do you really have a box that you don't need? If you do, i feel your pain as an iPhone of mine was stolen before too :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

yeah hopefully lol but I still need the box for resale purposes

Twin-go - were you messing or do you really have a box that you don't need? If you do, i feel your pain as an iPhone of mine was stolen before too :(

I'm getting a replacement in the next few days from O2 (Thank God I have insurance). Was told however that normally with insurance I would have gotten a refurb but because its still so new to market and they don't have a swap pool I'll be getting a brand new one. I have to give box back however (somthing to do with the IMEI number and unlatching codes. TBH I wasn't paying much attention and got a bit giddy when I was told I would be getting a new one as replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Hi,

Thanks in advance

Jack

Ya can have mine €50!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Sounds awfully dodgey!

su_dios wrote: »
    Sounds awfully dodgey!

+1 Someone is getting duped!

su_dios wrote: »
    Sounds awfully dodgey!
    It's been sorted out, the iPhone 4 came without it's proper box as it was a replacement iPhone sent from apple. It came in a little black box with iPhone written on it, still in the plastic. also in the box is a leaflet going on about how to send back original phone etc. I also rang apple this morning to confirm nothing fishy was going on, they also confirmed that it is unlocked.

Although, it wont activate with a meteor microsim for some reason. It will activate without a bother with both an o2 and vodafone sim but just not meteor. Any ideas?

Although, it wont activate with a meteor microsim for some reason. It will activate without a bother with both an o2 and vodafone sim but just not meteor. Any ideas?

strange, if its unlocked, it should. mine did.

strange, if its unlocked, it should. mine did.
    Rang apple again, they told me that it is only unlocked to supported carriers!! Bastards.

So I activated with a Vodafone SIM, jailbroke and unlocked and installed the hacktivation patch and is working with my meteor sim now. Thanks for all your help!

Rang apple again, they told me that it is only unlocked to supported carriers!! Bastards.

So I activated with a Vodafone SIM, jailbroke and unlocked and installed the hacktivation patch and is working with my meteor sim now. Thanks for all your help!

knew there was something fishy alright!
    anyway, glad you have it working now :D

enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 5,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭culabula

Both my unlocked iPhones work with Meteor.

culabula wrote: »
    Both my unlocked iPhones work with Meteor.

i'd say the original iPhone was bought discounted through one of the allocated networks so hence apple cant unlock it or provide a full factory unlock for it as the noetwork would lose out?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 5,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭culabula

i'd say the original iPhone was bought discounted through one of the allocated networks so hence apple cant unlock it or provide a full factory unlock for it as the noetwork would lose out?

No, both my iPhones are fully factory unlocked.

I set up two iPhone 4s last week with Meteor microSIMs; the only bother was setting up MMS manually, but once done it was plain sailing.

culabula wrote: »
    the only bother was setting up MMS manually, but once done it was plain sailing.
    I have compiled a package to get MMS, Data, tethering, carrier logo, voicemail button etc working.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=125082&d=1282483663

Install either one, depending on which iOS you are running.

Am working on getting it into cydia!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 prince5325

hey...

use your own no can can help this time .

prince5325 wrote: »
    hey...

use your own no can can help this time .

Advertisement