Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rolling tobacco price - help

• 06-10-2010 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭silent sage

Hello,

I'm wondering what the price of 12.5g of tobacco (eg. Drum, GV) is? I'm used to smoking about 20 cigarettes a day, but alas as a student I can no longer afford the ridiculous price. Would 12.5g get me through a day considering my usual cig habit? Google has failed to help me out price wise, and a short search of this forum has yielded no definitive answer. I realise I could check a local shop, but I'm in budget mode here so I'd like to finish it while I'm in the mood. :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,897 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭silent sage

Ah, I see, thanks. That should save a tidy amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

Amber leaf 12.5G is the best mate. Its E4.20 incl rolling papers.

You should ask for cigarette filters aswell, its like 100 filters for a euro and it takes the harshness out of the smoke so its worth it. I reckon you'll get 2-3 days out of a 12.5G box because:

1. For each smoke u have to roll it and u prob wont be arsed doing it all the time and just skip having the fag.
    2. Rolled smokes are stronger than ciggies.

Live4Ever wrote: »
    You should ask for cigarette filters aswell, its like 100 filters for a euro and it takes the harshness out of the smoke so its worth it. I reckon you'll get 2-3 days out of a 12.5G box because:

1. For each smoke u have to roll it and u prob wont be arsed doing it all the time and just skip having the fag.
    2. Rolled smokes are stronger than ciggies.

This is great advice, the lack of a filter was the primary reason I gave up smoking rollies in the past. I used to roll quite a bit a few years ago, but when it came to rolling just tobacco the dam thing was too small and unstable with no purchase at the end to get a decent pull - didn't know you could buy filters. 100 for a euro is pretty sweet too. My budget is looking that little bit rosier.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,897 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Pfffft, filters. Roach them for free.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

A roach ain't gonna take that harsh hit of unfiltered smoke out of my unsuspecting lungs though. Although if I'm stuck, that's the obvious option. (Like now, when I forgot to ask for filters)

12.5g tob, an extra pack of papers and a lighter for 5.20E. Nice lighter too. (It has a tiger on it :pac:)

A roach ain't gonna take that harsh hit of unfiltered smoke out of my unsuspecting lungs though. Although if I'm stuck, that's the obvious option. (Like now, when I forgot to ask for filters)

12.5g tob, an extra pack of papers and a lighter for 5.20E. Nice lighter too. (It has a tiger on it :pac:)

Cant believe you forgot the filters :D

When I asked for the tobacco he went rooting around the back of the display as if this request was a rare occurrence, amidst the mass confusion and horror amongst innocent onlookers in the small local shop, I lost the thought to ask for filters in the puzzling process of the transaction. I was lucky to make it out of there with papers, lighter... and my life. :D

That's my story and I'm stickin to it.

When I asked for the tobacco he went rooting around the back of the display as if this request was a rare occurrence, amidst the mass confusion and horror amongst innocent onlookers in the small local shop, I lost the thought to ask for filters in the puzzling process of the transaction. I was lucky to make it out of there with papers, lighter... and my life. :D

That's my story and I'm stickin to it.

I bought 126 filters in Spar for E1. Dzzzeal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭quicklickpaddy

Why are the boxes cheaper than the pouches, even when you get the pack of skins in them? Is 12.5g the overall weight including the box and everything?

Live4Ever wrote: »
    I bought 126 filters in Spar for E1. Dzzzeal!

I got a box of Swan filter tips for E1 at a service station in Cork during the week, typical quantity is 165 according to the box. Sweet. I find it much easier to roll and smoke with a filter.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

Why are the boxes cheaper than the pouches, even when you get the pack of skins in them? Is 12.5g the overall weight including the box and everything?

maybe it's easier to make the boxes ¿?¿?¿?
    it's 12.5 gram of tobacco

I got a box of Swan filter tips for E1 at a service station in Cork during the week, typical quantity is 165 according to the box. Sweet. I find it much easier to roll and smoke with a filter.

i bought 2000 yes 2000 7mm thick x 23 mm extra long filters for €15
    that'll last me 5 months

and i'm getting 120 - 130 cigarettes out of a 50g pouch
    where i used to get 75-90 and
    a 50g pouch is lasting me 7-8 sometimes 9 days
    and my stained fingers are almost stain free
    all because of long filters

and i'm starting to buy tobacco on-line for about €7 for a 50g pouch so
    my yearly smoking bill has come from €3000 (a box a day)
    down to €400 (a pouch and some filters every 8 days)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

How does buying online work? Is it safe?? Meaning safe from customs!

ill let you know during the week i'm waiting on a delivery as far as i know they're labelled as gift so customs will ignore it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Thanks! How much can you buy in one go? I'd love a look at the website,are you allowed post it?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,734 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Please read & understand the forum charter. There is to be no discussion of excise duty evasion in this forum.

HB

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Please read & understand the forum charter. There is to be no discussion of excise duty evasion in this forum.

HB

SORRY HB :(

@chucken1 i think it's 2kilo tobacco
    or 2000 cigarettes

Hill Billy wont be too happy if i post the site name :p
    i'll PM you

my tobacco arrived wednesday in really quick time

it's kinda scary having all that tobacco :D

hopefully will do me till january or february :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 feargswalsh69

revrenddave any chance you could PM me the name of that website aswell?
    Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭JaneLane

+1 on the pm about that website! Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

+1 on the pm about that website! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭shano1888

Am I alone in not minding paying 60cent more for the pouch? loath the drum/amber leaf boxes for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

shano1888 wrote: »
    Am I alone in not minding paying 60cent more for the pouch? loath the drum/amber leaf boxes for some reason.
    Amber leaf have a mini pouch inside the box now instead of the old packaging, which was a bit rubbish. Probably a good while since that changed though, I bought my first box in years last week.

Its not too bad now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭jaysusake

+1 on the pm about that website! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭dj_

shano1888 wrote: »

I hate the boxes too. Way too messy to unpack the tobacco from the box and bit of paper it's in. Makes it almost impossible to roll while walking around.

• Amber leaf is sold in a tiny 12.5 gram pouch inside the box. The only reason I swapped from Golden Virginia

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

dj_ wrote: »
    I hate the boxes too. Way too messy to unpack the tobacco from the box and bit of paper it's in. Makes it almost impossible to roll while walking around.

Step 1: Buy a pouch.

Step 2: Use the tobacco.

Step 3: Buy a box and put the tobacco into the empty pouch.

Problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Simtech

SORRY HB :(

@chucken1 i think it's 2kilo tobacco
    or 2000 cigarettes

Hill Billy wont be too happy if i post the site name :p
    i'll PM you

Could you PM me too? Cheers in advance! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭dj_

Amber leaf is sold in a tiny 12.5 gram pouch inside the box. The only reason I swapped from Golden Virginia

Will have to try it during the week. Not sure that one reason will get me to switch though.

JBnaglfar wrote: »
    Step 1: Buy a pouch.

Step 2: Use the tobacco.

Step 3: Buy a box and put the tobacco into the empty pouch.

Problem solved.

I have tried this!

Only did it 2 or 3 times as I found that the pouch always seemed to break on me. The sides where the front and back of the pouch meet came apart in places which leaves the air in, drying out the tobacco.

Do you do this successfully?

Advertisement