Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FSA Premier League Thread 15/16

Comments

Dónal wrote: »
    Need a spurs goal and something from Richards to avoid a very likely fourth defeat

Assuming Richards keeps that assist, it looks like a draw. Happy with that as I was expecting the loss.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

1st victory in the bag with a player still to go, look out lads, I'll be shooting up the table in no time :cool:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

3 points behind Gillespie Road with me having only Payet left.

He will have Saylor subbing in for Mertesacker.

This one is going right down to the wire!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

CSF wrote: »
    My Sakho vs Richards (plus 1 point). Anybody's game. Benteke goal blew the game wide open unfortunately.

Comes down to if Sakho scores more or less than 5 tomorrow night. It would be nice if Payet did something for us both too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

3rd win on the bounce 44 38 against dearg81

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,765 ✭✭✭✭CSF

irish son wrote: »
    Comes down to if Sakho scores more or less than 5 tomorrow night. It would be nice if Payet did something for us both too.

For sure. I'd happily settle for Sakho assisting a Payet goal and us drawing if it was offered to me now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

Will lose by a single point to thunderdog when his McCarthy subs in for Romero.

49-48

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Another short win over Swiper. Myhill & Bellerin the heroes who made the diff for me :cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Boots234 wrote: »
    Ya you have it unless Payet does something incredible Monday night but that is highly unlikely with the way that my season has been going so far!

You've taken this one. You're now on 48 points with Payet's three bps to come. Fair play.

A spectacular victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Boots234

Lemlin wrote: »
    You've taken this one. You're now on 48 points with Payet's three bps to come. Fair play.

A spectacular victory.

Not quite, if Newcastle don't score I will have 51 after bonus points but will be down to 47 after the transfer hit. You have 46 with Gomez to come in for sterling to bring you to 47 also. I'd love to say that a draw was a fair result but I totally didn't deserve a point from this!

• Advertisement

Not quite, if Newcastle don't score I will have 51 after bonus points but will be down to 47 after the transfer hit. You have 46 with Gomez to come in for sterling to bring you to 47 also. I'd love to say that a draw was a fair result but I totally didn't deserve a point from this!

A draw more than a fair result. Payet was a great pick.

3 points behind Gillespie Road with me having only Payet left.

He will have Saylor subbing in for Mertesacker.

This one is going right down to the wire!

Thank you Mr Payet!

Three wins out of five now.

If my calculations are right I'm leading Zarquon 54-45 after bps and subs. He needs a blinder from Darmian to claw it back.

A whopping 17 behind Iago with him having Wanyama coming off the bench v my Gomez, Soare and Benteke with ever reliable fifth mid Fletcher coming off the bench for 3.

Need a stormer from Pool v Norwich.

Need 7 points from Targett/Depay to beat Lemlin. If Gomez plays no role you can add another point to that.

So a Southampton clean sheet or any Depay goal involvement would likely do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

A guaranteed second defeat for me unless Wanyama gets a hat-trick.

2 pts combined from my 3 def was my downfall.

Need 7 points from Targett/Depay to beat Lemlin. If Gomez plays no role you can add another point to that.

So a Southampton clean sheet or any Depay goal involvement would likely do it.

I'd expect you to get that tbh.

I'd expect you to get that tbh.

It's to my benefit that they're opposing point swings alright. Still very plausible that United will get point returns that don't involve Depay though, especially considering it's gone that way for the last 6 GWs ;)

It's to my benefit that they're opposing point swings alright. Still very plausible that United will get point returns that don't involve Depay though, especially considering it's gone that way for the last 6 GWs ;)

I've been critical of Depay and his high ownership though so don't you know he'll score :(

I've been critical of Depay and his high ownership though so don't you know he'll score :(

I've stood by him so I'm expecting returns. Think he's a great shout next week against Sunderland after which I think he has to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭skippy15

When subs added in i'm 4 behind idontknowhatimdoing-
    I have McCarthy darmian he has Gomez and Mané
    If Mccarthy dropped have bego with 6- but again unless darmian goes nuts don't see it happening

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Leading Boots by 2 with both only having Gomez left. If he plays I've won. If not its my Souare vs Darmian so will probably lose.

FHFC wrote: »
    Leading Boots by 2 with both only having Gomez left. If he plays I've won. If not its my Souare vs Darmian so will probably lose.

Both Elphick and Silva didn't play for me yesterday. I presume you have subbed in the 2 points for Anya but Darmian will be coming in also, so 2 points from him and its a draw. I wouldn't really be confident of getting 2 points from him as all it takes is a Southampton goal combined with his uncanny ability to pick up yellow cards! I predict a 1 point victory for yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Both Elphick and Silva didn't play for me yesterday. I presume you have subbed in the 2 points for Anya but Darmian will be coming in also, so 2 points from him and its a draw. I wouldn't really be confident of getting 2 points from him as all it takes is a Southampton goal combined with his uncanny ability to pick up yellow cards! I predict a 1 point victory for yourself

Didn't notice Elphick no. If Gomez doesnt play then you've no sub then, is that right?

FHFC wrote: »
    Didn't notice Elphick no. If Gomez doesnt play then you've no sub then, is that right?

Ya, Oxford didn't play yesterday either

I've stood by him so I'm expecting returns. Think he's a great shout next week against Sunderland after which I think he has to go.

Think I sneak this 46-45 purely because you have no sub for Gomez.

Think I sneak this 46-45 purely because you have no sub for Gomez.

Yup, well done!!

Yup, well done!!

As jammy a victory as I'll get all year!

2nd win in a row, should move me off the bottom. Things looking better now.

• Advertisement

As jammy a victory as I'll get all year!

Ah sure look, nothing happened in our match that was particularly out of the question on Saturday 11:44.

Gomez was what it was. Had I replaced Shaw instead of bringing in Benteke I'd have been 8 points better off. Who knows what Benteke might have done if he hadn't been forced off at HT though?

Advertisement