Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek Odds Thread - FPL 2015/2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Ivanovic 250\1
    he says in hope

• Registered Users Posts: 32,763 ✭✭✭✭CSF

km79 wrote: »
    Ivanovic 250\1
    he says in hope

Rumours he will be dropped

CSF wrote: »
    Rumours he will be dropped

again like van aanholt he was poor
    but I don't know if he will be dropped
    I think José will give them a chance to redeem themselves
    but he is GONE from my team forever when I wildcard
    got him for the 1st time for last season for last 1\3 of the season
    solid one and 2 pointers all the way
    feared his customary early season form so ignored how poor he and Chelsea looked in preseason

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Kolorav mata and hazard all good prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Yeah Kolarov is the only one I've gone for this week.

• Advertisement

Close with kolorav 160/1 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Here we go with Gameweek 4's odds. I'm going to use Spock's template from now on as it's a little quicker to type out.

Newcastle v Arsenal

CS: 11/2 v 27/20
    AGS: Giroud (13/10), Alexis (6/4), Walcott (7/4), Ramsey (3/1), Mitrovic (10/3), Ozil (7/2)

Aston Villa v Sunderland

CS: 13/10 v 16/5
    AGS: Gestede (39/20), Ayew (9/4), Defoe (16/5), Sinclair (37/10), Lens (23/4)

Bournemouth v Leicester

CS: 21/10 v 10/3
    AGS: Wilson (15/8), Vardy (11/4), Ritchie (10/3), Mahrez (41/10), Albrighton (7/1)

Chelsea v Palace

CS: 19/20 v 15/2
    AGS: Costa (19/20), Hazard (29/20), Pedro (9/5), Fabregas (4/1), Murray/Wickham/Bamford (5/1)

Liverpool v West Ham

CS: 19/20 v 8/1
    AGS: Benteke (21/20), Firmino (7/4), Coutinho (2/1), Sakho (4/1), Payet (6/1)

Manchester City v Watford

CS: EVS v 14/1
    AGS: Aguero (4/6), Sterling (15/8), Silva (2/1), Yaya (9/4), Deeney (5/1)

Stoke v West Brom

CS: 13/10 v 3/1
    AGS: Diouf (2/1), Shaqiri (31/10), Walters (11/4), Berahino/Rondon (7/2), Arnautovic (19/5)

Tottenham v Everton

CS: 15/8 v 19/5
    AGS: Kane (6/5), Eriksen (5/2), Chadli/Lukaku (11/4), Kone/Mirallas (4/1)

Southampton v Norwich

CS: 8/5 v 18/5
    AGS: Pelle (6/4), J-Rod/Mane/Long (9/4), Jerome (14/5), Tadic (3/1), Hoolohan (4/1) Redmond (13/2)

Swansea v Manchester United

CS: 11/4 v 7/4
    AGS: Rooney (21/10), Depay (40/17), Gomis (5/2), Mata (18/5), Ayew (19/5)

Notes:

- Chelsea and Liverpool are the 2 teams odds-on to keep a clean sheet this week. Perhaps surprisingly, Manchester City are available at even money.

- Only 2 players are odds-on to score this week, they are Aguero and Costa. Benteke and Kane are the next two most fancied goalscorers.

- Off topic, but my personal opinion is that Pedro (9/5) and Mahrez (41/10) look good value as anytime goalscorers if you're having a punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Paully D wrote: »
    Here we go with Gameweek 4's odds. I'm going to use Spock's template from now on as it's a little quicker to type out.

Newcastle v Arsenal

CS: 11/2 v 27/20
    AGS: Giroud (13/10), Alexis (6/4), Walcott (7/4), Ramsey (3/1), Mitrovic (10/3), Ozil (7/2)

Aston Villa v Sunderland

CS: 13/10 v 16/5
    AGS: Gestede (39/20), Ayew (9/4), Defoe (16/5), Sinclair (37/10), Lens (23/4)

Bournemouth v Leicester

CS: 21/10 v 10/3
    AGS: Wilson (15/8), Vardy (11/4), Ritchie (10/3), Mahrez (41/10), Albrighton (7/1)

Chelsea v Palace

CS: 19/20 v 15/2
    AGS: Costa (19/20), Hazard (29/20), Pedro (9/5), Fabregas (4/1), Murray/Wickham/Bamford (5/1)

Liverpool v West Ham

CS: 19/20 v 8/1
    AGS: Benteke (21/20), Firmino (7/4), Coutinho (2/1), Sakho (4/1), Payet (6/1)

Manchester City v Watford

CS: EVS v 14/1
    AGS: Aguero (4/6), Sterling (15/8), Silva (2/1), Yaya (9/4), Deeney (5/1)

Stoke v West Brom

CS: 13/10 v 3/1
    AGS: Diouf (2/1), Shaqiri (31/10), Walters (11/4), Berahino/Rondon (7/2), Arnautovic (19/5)

Tottenham v Everton

CS: 15/8 v 19/5
    AGS: Kane (6/5), Eriksen (5/2), Chadli/Lukaku (11/4), Kone/Mirallas (4/1)

Southampton v Norwich

CS: 8/5 v 18/5
    AGS: Pelle (6/4), J-Rod/Mane/Long (9/4), Jerome (14/5), Tadic (3/1), Hoolohan (4/1) Redmond (13/2)

Swansea v Manchester United

CS: 11/4 v 7/4
    AGS: Rooney (21/10), Depay (40/17), Gomis (5/2), Mata (18/5), Ayew (19/5)

Notes:

- Chelsea and Liverpool are the 2 teams odds-on to keep a clean sheet this week. Perhaps surprisingly, Manchester City are available at even money.

- Only 2 players are odds-on to score this week, they are Aguero and Costa. Perhaps surprisingly, Rooney is the same price to score away to Swansea as Benteke is to bag at home to West Ham.

- Off topic, but my personal opinion is that Pedro (9/5) and Mahrez (41/10) look good value as anytime goalscorers if you're having a punt.

Is Benteke not 21/20 (near enough evens) and Rooney 21/10 (2/1 basically)?

I could be getting that arseways but that's my reading of it above. I'm not a huge gambler.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Is Benteke not 21/20 (near enough evens) and Rooney 21/10 (2/1 basically)?

You're correct. I thought it was strange when I was typing it out. I've just been looking at so many different odds over the past half an hour :pac: Will edit my post now. Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Paully D wrote: »

Notes:

Very surprising odds... Only Sunderland (8) have conceded more than Chelsea (7), Liverpool obviously have great record with 0.
    But they're both playing free scoring teams in West Ham (6) and Palace (6) with only Man City and Leicester topping them in goals scored.

Do they know something about Man City that we don't? 3 CS's so far against the mighty Watford with 2 goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

PARlance wrote: »
    Very surprising odds... Only Sunderland (8) have conceded more than Chelsea (7), Liverpool obviously have great record with 0.
    But they're both playing free scoring teams in West Ham (6) and Palace (6) with only Man City and Leicester topping them in goals scored.

Do they know something about Man City that we don't? 3 CS's so far against the mighty Watford with 2 goals.

One thing I sometimes wonder - I realise we use bookies odds because of their statistical analysis to arrive at their odds but do we take into account the effect the punter has on same?

I remember reading an article a few years back about Dublin GAA team. The article pointed out that their odds were often shortened even though the bookies didn't expect them to win because they were always heavily backed due to having a huge supporter base.

Could Chelsea's odds for a CS be effected by the fact that they are still being heavily backed by punters for same?

One thing I sometimes wonder - I realise we use bookies odds because of their statistical analysis to arrive at their odds but do we take into account the effect the punter has on same?

I remember reading an article a few years back about Dublin GAA team. The article pointed out that their odds were often shortened even though the bookies didn't expect them to win because they were always heavily backed due to having a huge supporter base.

Could Chelsea's odds for a CS be effected by the fact that they are still being heavily backed by punters for same?

Afaik, odds like first goalscorer, AGS, CS are all very static... in that they are set by the bookies in advance and rarely fluctuate. 99.9% of odds will be in favour of the bookie in the sense that they'll set them with a premium in mind.

Re cases like Dublin, that would be more akin to a horse race imo, in that it would be a big betting market with volatility. Even though the team mightn't change and a horse remains the same horse he was 5 mins ago... the bookies will shorten the price to reduce their exposure if they see lots of money being placed on it/them.

But yes, I would think they would take more of a premium for a popular team like Chelsea as opposed to a similar team (in terms of chances of conceding in a lower league) because they know punters look at the outcome of the bet more so than the value within it.

The last time I was surprised at the bookies being so favourable (as City Evs CS) with odds on here was Sunderland 7/2 to bet Newcastle at home when Sun were flying and New in a rut. That was my last football bet and City Evs will be my next.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

GAA is different because it's quite a small market and it wouldn't take too many large bets to trigger a price movement in one direction or another.

Also, most of the money doesn't go on these markets until the last 24 hours in the run-up to the game, especially the more niche markets.

Some interesting odds. Hopefully they are right about mahrez''s chances of another goal. I think after aguero kolorav is the best captain option this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Some interesting odds. Hopefully they are right about mahrez''s chances of another goal. I think after aguero kolorav is the best captain option this week.

He scores when he wants. He scores when he wants.
    Riyad Mahrez. He scores when he wants!!

:)

Mahrez at over 4/1 away to Bournemouth is odd when he was 7/2 best price away to West Ham iirc and he's scored twice since then.

I wouldn't be totally against him blanking though, as a Francis clean sheet is more of a differential than a Mahrez goal.

The last time I was surprised at the bookies being so favourable (as City Evs CS) with odds on here was Sunderland 7/2 to bet Newcastle at home when Sun were flying and New in a rut. That was my last football bet and City Evs will be my next.

Ah, good times. :(

Going to go against the bookies on the Liverpool CS and start Kolarov, Darmian & Richards... leaving Gomez & Targett on the bench.

Going with my gut on this, West Ham have been hot and cold but they're still scoring.

^^^
    The only positive from this weekend. Drinks are on Paddy this weekend, bit of change left over to buy a ticket to see Mayo too :)

^^^
    The only positive from this weekend. Drinks are on Paddy this weekend, bit of change left over to buy a ticket to see Mayo too :)

good luck finding one :D

• Advertisement

Anyone care to oblige? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Invincible

FHFC wrote: »
    Anyone care to oblige? :)

Here ya go

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Arsenal 3/1 to keep a clean sheet, Palace 7/2 but I think I'm going with Souare over Bellerin. We haven't kept a clean sheet at Stamford Bridge in 10 years and Spurs might have a Europa hangover

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Arsenal 3/1 to keep a clean sheet, Palace 7/2 but I think I'm going with Souare over Bellerin. We haven't kept a clean sheet at Stamford Bridge in 10 years and Spurs might have a Europa hangover

My GKs are Cech/McCarthy and am torn between them also. Thought it would be madness to go for McCarthy but having 2nd thoughts now. Hmmmm.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

lougal88 wrote: »
    My GKs are Cech/McCarthy and am torn between them also. Thought it would be madness to go for McCarthy but having 2nd thoughts now. Hmmmm.....

That's a 50/50. I haven't looked at the stats to back it up, but I believe Spurs take more long range shots than Chelsea which would be good for save points and in turn potential baps

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I'm in a LMS, have a choice of
    Chelsea
    Newcastle
    Stoke
    Spurs
    Bournemouth

Currently on Chelsea #injosewetrust

I would definitely go with Bournemouth if i were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

spock. wrote: »
    I would definitely go with Bournemouth if i were you.

+1

I'm hoping Wilson tears them to shreds!!

CLEAN SHEET ODDS WM HILL
    Man Utd 7/10
    Liverpool 21/20
    Soton, Chelsea 11/8
    Arsenal 17/10
    West Ham, Man City 15/8
    West Brom 21/10
    Stoke 2/1
    Everton, Watford 9/5
    Palace 11/5
    Bournemouth 12/5
    Swansea 13/5
    Spurs 15/4
    Norwich 14/5
    Newcastle, Leicester 9/2
    Villa 5/1
    Sunderland 17/2

Edit. Important error in original post. West brom 21/10 not 21/20.

• Advertisement

Villa 5/1, yes please.

Advertisement