Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fantasy Gaelic Football

• 19-05-2013 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭

Anyone doing this, I saw an article in the paper today(Sindo:o, I got the Observer also;)), starts today but prob doesn't make much difference.
    Well? Is it worth a go, is there a Hurling equivalent?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Anyone doing this, I saw an article in the paper today(Sindo:o, I got the Observer also;)), starts today but prob doesn't make much difference.
    Well? Is it worth a go, is there a Hurling equivalent?

I saw one game which while looking good didnt include the qualifiers, that was an automatic pass from me, not including the qualifiers is crazy

That was football not hurling btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I picked a team last night on this http://www.fantasygaelic.ie/

I did it all in about 5 minutes, maybe I should have put some thought into it as no transfers are allowed until quarter final stage. Qualifiers are not included which is disappointing but understandable as some teams play a lot more games than successful teams.

Lemlin, I didn't pick any Cavan players as they played already, yer man Dunne is some player though.

Anyoone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I did it all in about 5 minutes, maybe I should have put some thought into it as no transfers are allowed until quarter final stage. Qualifiers are not included which is disappointing but understandable as some teams play a lot more games than successful teams.

Lemlin, I didn't pick any Cavan players as they played already, yer man Dunne is some player though.

Anyoone else?

I'd suggest ya keep an eye on the 'keeper Gilsenen. He takes 45s so should knock over a few scores and Cavan are defending well so should let in very little.

I'd also suggest ya keep an eye on Eugene Keating. I'd expect him to score more in the next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Anyoone else?
    Picked a team in that one myself lastweek. Done it in about 5 minutes too.

Its a pity once you pick your team the first time and confirm your team that you cant make changes up until the deadline.

No budget also so you can pick all the ''top'' players.

Maybe a transfer a week or something might have improved it.

Anyone do this one: http://www.gaamanager.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭DulchieLaois

Wondering if anyone want to join this forum for the summer ahead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

I would say 3 Donegal players would make sense as themselves and Tyrone will have more games than most.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

patmac wrote: »
    I would say 3 Donegal players would make sense as themselves and Tyrone will have more games than most.

Qualifiers don't count so if you pick 3 donegal players and they lose then you'll miss out on a lot of points until transfer window opens.

I've played this game for the last two years and have done very well, last year I was the top scorer in Cork and was very high up in the overall game.
    Re: Donegal and Tyrone, only championship games, that is provincial championship and quarter finals on count for points, you have to wait until before the provincial finals to make changes so one of those teams will be out of the running for a few games.
    It takes a bit of research unless you have been following the league in great detail. Remember there are more teams in the ulster and leinster championships and therefore more games, 45 kicking goalkeepers and attacking half backs like Lee Keegan or Jack McCaffrey are gold dust.
    It's a good game and I play just for my own enjoyment, if there was a bit of interest here that'd be great but I don't think there will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I will be entering a team! When is the deadline?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I will be entering a team! When is the deadline?

This Saturday at 7pm. You can enter after then but will miss out on some games.

• Advertisement

Great to get this forum going..........I have picked my 4 finalists and picked players from that list

Great to get this forum going..........I have picked my 4 finalists and picked players from that list

Just one thing, county loyalty is fine if like me you are from Cork.
    In your situation I strongly recommend you avoid it:pac:

Although it could be worse, you could be from Cavan:eek:

Dont worry, theres no way, I am picking palyers from Laois - it would be pointless doing the competition in the first place :)

Just one thing, county loyalty is fine if like me you are from Cork.
    In your situation I strongly recommend you avoid it:pac:

Although it could be worse, you could be from Cavan:eek:

Coming from a Limerick man that's hilarious. We played our second string in the final League game last year and hammered you on your own patch!

We even gave yas a Cavan player in Killian Phair!

Lemlin wrote: »
    Coming from a Limerick man that's hilarious. We played our second string in the final League game last year and hammered you on your own patch!

Cork, my good man.
    Although that league win against Limerick was about as much use to ye as your own upset of my lads in the FSA premier league, I recall Roscommon hammering ye out the gate in the championship while Limerick were marching on to the next round.

Why don't you make a team for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭InishGael

Team picked. I wasn't far off top in this last year. Be good to see bit of banter on here with good few having a go. Takes bit of thinking though as some teams could possibly have 2 easy games before provincial final, thinking Roscommon, Meath with Donegal, Tipp & Monaghan players appealing as well as obvious choice of the Dubs. I'm staying away from some bigger counties like Cork, Mayo & Kerry. Not worth it before provincial finals & transfers available then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Mr Phair lines out @ Full forward for our parish!

Mr Phair lines out @ Full forward for our parish!

I thought he had moved onto London now?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I thought he had moved onto London now?

No he lined out at full forward for us at the weekend!

I tried to register there but it wouldn't give me a list of clubs so that I could select my club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

So which is the "best" one to do?

naughtb4 wrote: »
    So which is the "best" one to do?

Although the post is two years old the link in post 3 on this thread will direct you to the homepage where you register for Fantasygaelic.ie or whatever it's called, it's quite a good game imo, not aware of others.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

I tried to register there but it wouldn't give me a list of clubs so that I could select my club.

Try registering the county first.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Struggling to choose between Dean Rock and Connolly. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Team picked, this should tide me over the summer somewhat:cool: Just the two players for me for the weekend, two tyrone lads!

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Struggling to choose between Dean Rock and Connolly. Any suggestions?

I wouldnt't be sure rock would be a definite starter

I wouldnt't be sure rock would be a definite starter

I'd say he will start alright but Connolly is a certainty, I've gone with Rock.

Any suggestions for attacking half backs, as the summer goes on I'll become more expert but at this time of the year it's difficult to know who'll start outside of your own county or some of the top teams

I'd say he will start alright but Connolly is a certainty, I've gone with Rock.

Any suggestions for attacking half backs, as the summer goes on I'll become more expert but at this time of the year it's difficult to know who'll start outside of your own county or some of the top teams

i see yourself already noted Lee Keegan and Jack Mccaffery, Emmet Bolton from Kildare is always flying forward and Roscommon's David keenan often plays as a forward, I fancy Roscommon to win Connacht!

What about Meath, any prospects in that defence?

• Advertisement

What about Meath, any prospects in that defence?

Went with Kevin reily myself because he's their only back that I know! Pretty sure he's full back though

Advertisement