Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clipboard going door to door with intent to break and enter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

mary21 wrote: »
    I did ring the guards yesterday and they seemed to know about him and were aware of this thread.

Hai Gardai!!! o/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    So let him rip people off just so you can entertain yourself on a thread.

Sad. You need to get out more.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

gscully wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Maybe I was being a bit harsh on you.

Seriously though, if we want to do anything about crime we have to start reporting it first. That sounds obvious but a lot of people turn a blind eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭mary21

to be honest when i did go to report him it felt a bit weird saying a chap just knocked on my door collecting for charity, and there is a thread on boards describing him, saying he was up to no good.

it was then a bit of a shock when the guards knew about him and this thread.

but yes i agree, we need to report him if we see him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭deisemum

The guards cannot be everywhere so it's up to the public to report suspicious activity and to take note of car regs, description of those involved in case it's needed at a later time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DaleB91

Think its the same fella, called to my door this evening up in o reilly road. Answered the door while holding a staff and an american staff by the colars and he asked do i want to support and then one the dogs jumped up and he stopped what he was saying and just said you look busy il call back another time. Betcha he won't be to fond of going in the back either coz of the rothweiler cross german shepard that sleeps in the kitchen

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

DaleB91 wrote: »
    Think its the same fella, called to my door this evening up in o reilly road. Answered the door while holding a staff and an american staff by the colars and he asked do i want to support and then one the dogs jumped up and he stopped what he was saying and just said you look busy il call back another time. Betcha he won't be to fond of going in the back either coz of the rothweiler cross german shepard that sleeps in the kitchen

Where the feck is o reilly road?

When you said you where holding a staff , I pictured
    The_pope_holding_a_staff_100923-113436-589009.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

he was on o reilly road again around 4 o clock, o reilly road is the road behind the grotto on the cork road across from the food factory

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭jillyb

Think the same guy was taken away in a Garda Car just now in Grange Manor.
    My other half answered the door but didnt give him anything.
    Ten mins later he was picked up and questioned outside for half an hour!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

jillyb wrote: »

Good stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 dido2012

Yep that was him. guards said he's a regular...he had plenty of names on his clipboard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

If it is the same guy, he doesn't have ginger hair.

Anyway, this guy was brought back to each house to return the money they had donated to his con. Strangely enough, he just happened to be arrested on Mayor D'Arcy's street. Hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

Good .... About F***ng time, Waterford neighbourhoods are too quiet, make an effort next time to curb potential break ins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

The boards neighbour watch strikes again! Well played lads.

Now if we can just find that fcuker with the limp.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mexicanvader

Same guy going around "collecting" in the Tycor Avenue/Griffith Place area at 8.45pm. Rang the Gardai, and they knew who I was talking about before I even described him. Told me they'd try to get a car to call and check it out. Got the neighbours to call the cops too.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭caroline456

Two people were collecting for Concern on The Old Tramore Road this afternoon. Definitely not ginger hair. Does anyone know about them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

This lad doesnt sound like the brightest spark to be honest :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Two people were collecting for Concern on The Old Tramore Road this afternoon. Definitely not ginger hair. Does anyone know about them?

Eh, I'd imagine they are Concern workers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

would'nt give one cent to concern as 95% of monies collected does'nt go where its meant to, it goes on salaries

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Up2NoGood

would'nt give one cent to concern as 95% of monies collected does'nt go where its meant to, it goes on salaries

nice.... dose'nt

• Advertisement

95% of it. Are you sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

95% would ya go way out of that ha , charities are business too I understand but without them the poor would suffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭deisemum

I read some article in the last year or so that said charities only get 13% of the cost of scratch cards the other 87% goes on Admin and wages. I'll see if I can find the article later.

95% would ya go way out of that ha , charities are business too I understand but without them the poor would suffer.

The poor are a goldmine - Thomas Sowell

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Creamsoda

He's going around Earlscourt again at the moment.

Creamsoda wrote: »
    He's going around Earlscourt again at the moment.

He sure is persistent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Bards

He sure is persistent

Law is a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

95% is a bit off alright. But one CEO earns close to €500k a year.....that means €10k of fundraising every week ........just to pay that wage. So I won't be contributing anytime soon.

Bards wrote: »
    Law is a joke

What can they do though? Keep on arresting him for knocking on someones door? It is a balls though in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

One of them has a weak chin, the other one took a few smacks though. That'll teach them, sometimes you have to take the law into your own hands.

Advertisement