Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clipboard going door to door with intent to break and enter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭skinnyboy

Fella matching the desciption is around hillview now with a blue clip board

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

skinnyboy wrote: »
    Fella matching the desciption is around hillview now with a blue clip board
    Didn't call here. Boo I wanna see this illusive chap

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Didn't call here. Boo I wanna see this illusive chap

And answer the door in womens knickers with a hatchet and bunny ears on

And answer the door in womens knickers with a hatchet and bunny ears on
    I'm already half way dressed for that combo. Sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

What does the cnut say if you actually answer the door?

• Advertisement

What does the cnut say if you actually answer the door?

The fella that called to me a month or two ago was asking for money for some cycle in aid of drug abuse or something like that. He had no blue clipboard with him so Im not sure if its the same fella.

He just called to my door now this second. He going along crescent drive in hillview now. Some head on him haha. Sounds a bit slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

In Hillview. Answered the door, here he was last monday evening.... My next door gave him €2.... Went to the bookie in an hour myself, bump into him backing horses... My daughter seen him yesterday at Freshways at cleaboy trying to rob tablets, Security man keeping an eye on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

This lad came to my door here in Hillview either yesterday or the day before. He said he was collecting for drug-rehabilitation. His teeth were rotted out of his head. I just told him I had no money, was a bit skeptical about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

he's at this a while lads, when i lived in tramore this time last year he called to me house bogusly collecting for drug rehabilitation!! did'nt give him a penny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 j8701

He just called to my house in lisduggan area. Usually with a tall skinny girl and tall skinny fella. See them around town everyday known heroin addicts. Has anybody rang the guards.

j8701 wrote: »
    He just called to my house in lisduggan area. Usually with a tall skinny girl and tall skinny fella. See them around town everyday known heroin addicts. Has anybody rang the guards.

He was on his own the two times he called here. He seems fairly slow.
    I didnt ring the guards because , well I never seen him do anything dodgy.

When he called to me he said it was a bike race in june, he should probably move with the times if he gonna bullshyte people.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,806 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Bards wrote: »
    seem to remember, someone matching this guys description robbed a work colleague's home about 12 months ago. Same M.O - same area of the City. He reported it to the Guards and they seems to know exactly who he was and he had his stuff back before you could say supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Makes you wonder why the F*** he is still going door-to-door, - what happened. a little slap on the wrists.

we need to have Zero tolerance for this kind of behaviour and our well paid Public Servants should get off their behind and put a stop to this creep. At worst a hefty fine for going door-to-door collecting for charities without a valid license

Probably did get a slap on the wrists, but that's the Judges fault. Well, it's the legal systems fault really.
    Oh Wait - their too busy implementing their Go-Slow blitz for the next 24 hours on the over taxed Motorist to do any REAL crime fighting.

Go-Slow was requested by the public. It's the result of requests and statistics that show that increased traffic management is required at certain times of the year, and these operations have proven to save lives. Anyway, the operation is run by the traffic corps, the regular units wouldn't have been doing anything, and the traffic rarely answer calls like this thread is referring to.
    Edit: IIRC didn't we out source this so the cops could spend more time stopping real criminals - go figure

it was outsourced to allow the traffic units to focus on more operations/traffic related calls, and the regular units no longer have to carry out speed checks. So, they are spending more time on stopping "real" criminals...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

wife said he was in Hazlebourne last week knocking on doors that had no cars in the Drive......

If he comes at my door, I will let him in and lock my door and I will say it to him straight to his face until i am blue in my face..:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

If he comes at my door, I will let him in and lock my door and I will say it to him straight to his face until i am blue in my face..:cool:

Or you could live up to your username. That sounds more fun :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Just flicking through this thread reminds you that you probably should be more aware of people knocking on doors 'collecting' or looking around. Generally wouldn't even look twice at someone. Don't really know most of the people in the houses around us and there's a couple of dodgy neighbours(with dodgy friends) so could be hard to tell the difference where we live.

Shortly after we moved in myself and the mother were sitting having our brekkie, noticed two men knocking on a door across the street, got no answer, a minute later they kicked the door down. Just shrugged it off that they were probably dodgy friends of the people who lived there. Heard about a week later the house had been broken into. Whoops. :(

Do we mind our own business too much these days? I'd be disgusted/disappointed with my neighbours if they'd seen someone peering in our windows/kicking the door down and didn't do anything about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭mary21

he is in roanmore park right now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Why wouldn't people call the guards for this fraudster?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Finnbar01 wrote: »

...and have this thread die a death? Have a word with yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭deisemum

gscully wrote: »

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Sorry to go off-topic but is this a Waterford saying? I know a few people who say it but I don't remember hearing it anywhere else. I thinks it's brilliant by the way. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Waterford/Wexford phrase if I'm not mistaken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Widely used in the "vernacular" media

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Adyx wrote: »
    Sorry to go off-topic but is this a Waterford saying? I know a few people who say it but I don't remember hearing it anywhere else. I thinks it's brilliant by the way. :pac:

I love it too. Think I first saw it on Football365 mailbox. Definitely not a Waterford phrase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Image Ray Winstone growling at you!

Finnbar01 wrote: »

True... Where is Neighbour hood watch ???

True... Where is Neighbour hood watch ???

Personally I only answered the door to him. Nothing wrong with calling to someones house so there be no point . If I seen him snooping around a neighbour's house I would be more inclined to warn him off instead of ringing the guards. No point in getting him done for something small than what we think he is upto.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

So let him rip people off just so you can entertain yourself on a thread.

Sad. You need to get out more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭mary21

I did ring the guards yesterday and they seemed to know about him and were aware of this thread.

The guards were out within 10 min and were speaking to him.

after that i don't know what happened.

Advertisement