Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I cant believe what my friend is doing?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

Dont the Garda and the DF prefer if you have a degree when you join up? I thought when I was in school they came around and told us all to get a degree before signing up!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Theta wrote: »
    Dont the Garda and the DF prefer if you have a degree when you join up? I thought when I was in school they came around and told us all to get a degree before signing up!

You have to have two degrees, because they give you the third degree during the interviews.:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

14acwfb.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

You're going to have a friend who's a qualified engineer (free car servicing) AND a member of An Garda Síochana and you trounced him?

Be ironic if you were the 1st person he "had" to pull in to line because his superiors where in his presence :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Bonito wrote: »
    You're going to have a friend who's a qualified engineer (free car servicing) AND

Em, I think you'll find a mechanic does that.

Whosbetter?, AGS is An Gardi Siochana. Not Anti Government Stance. Seriously, how did you get from someone talking about a guy deciding to join law enforcement after doing a degree course to a random rant about FF? I could see if it was leading that way, but that was random.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

I had a friend who done pretty much the exact same thing except he left half way through his 4th year to become a garda. Was studying computer engineering. I hadn't seen him in almost 2 years and one day i was stopped for speeding. Fúcker gave me a ticket. 54 in a 50 zone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I had a friend who done pretty much the exact same thing except he left half way through his 4th year to become a garda. Was studying computer engineering. I hadn't seen him in almost 2 years and one day i was stopped for speeding. Fúcker gave me a ticket. 54 in a 50 zone.

But on the plus side those Maths exams in 1st year didn't go to waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Personally I'm not a fan of the Gardai and I wouldn't join them myself regardless of how broke I am. However, I respect anyone who's willing to risk serious injury, abuse and awful working conditions and join the Gardai. Cudos to your friend op. As for you, well I don't need to say anything that hasn't already been said.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,626 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

orourkeda wrote: »
    Does he like doughnuts?
    Donuts. And isnt that an NYPD stereotype

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Teh Op's friend must have gotten fed up with the queues into coppers and decided to do something about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Overheal wrote: »

They just dream of getting their hands on that rare delicacy over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

c0rk3r wrote: »
    I know a lad finished a four year Chemistry degree applying to Sandhurst (British Army Officer training camp). Hes from Dublin with no connections to Britain... When asked why hes trying to get in he joked about the uncertainty principle and Schrodinger cat

Ok, I'll bite

What is this all about??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

FearDark wrote: »
    Engineer going in to the gardai is already on a decent salary. Why not? I certainly would.

not to mention all the back handers :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

orourkeda wrote: »
    especially the ones they wear in mountjoy

Track suits and those wool Norwegian hats?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Isnt there a recruitment freeze in the guards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Isnt there a recruitment freeze in the guards?

Yes, until September so I have been told. I could be very wrong though :P
    Overheal wrote: »

On this side of the world, where English is used as it is supposed to, doughnut is the correct spelling ;)

The doughnut stereotype is more widespread than the NYPD now.

Advertisement