Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Diploma in Human Resource Management (CIPD)

• 01-09-2010 10:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Helloooo there. Just wondering if anyone could give me some guidance on this course in the NCIRL. I would be doing this part time 2 evenings per week but work FT 9-6 ( I could negotiate working hours with management).

Is the course difficult.. I already have a BSc Hons and am now working in a similar field.
    Also, what times of year are exams?
    And finally, Could I miss many leactures?

Thanks! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Rachie21

I'd like some info too..particularly workload? cheeeers

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sortedmuch

Any luck with finding information?

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

There was actually an open day on this evening. But there's a few more running throughout the summer, or alternatively you could email the college and ask to speak to a lecturer who teaches on the course? I'm sure they'd be happy to chat to you about it.

Here's a list of the open days over the summer:

Thursday 20th June 5-7pm
    Tuesday 16th July 5-7pm
    Thursday 15th August 5-7pm
    Saturday 17th August 11am-2pm
    Wednesday 28th August 5-7pm

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭saraocallaghan

If anyone needs any information, let me know. I've literally just finished the course

• Advertisement

Congrats on finishing :) I have been offered a masters in hr but i dont have the money at the moment. I was really interested in this to make sure id want a career with hr. How did you get on? Is there many options when you have finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭saraocallaghan

Thanks! It's a great course, very pratical. There are 8/9 modules and there is only one module that is assessed in the old fashioned sit down exam. If you dont like group work, this is not the course for you. Every module, bar the one just mentioned, is based around team work. But the assessments are very interesting and the lecturers are lovely. They all come from HR/Union backgrounds so have a lot of practical knowledge to impart! And of course the most important thing is the CIPD membership you get out of the course.

As for opportunties for when you're finished. Well the job market for HR is very tough at the minute unless you have the practical job based experience, usually a minimum of one year. I have a degree and the diploma (I only did the diploma for the CIPD) and it is extremely hard to get work.

But the course is very worthwhile, expensive but worthwhile! If you don't have CIPD membership, then I would definitely go with this one. I think this is the only HR course in Dublin that gives you the CIPD membership. The only other way to get CIPD membership is through experience on the job.

If you need any more info, please let me know!

Thanks so much for your feedback Saraocallaghan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Cheers!

Thanks! It's a great course, very pratical. There are 8/9 modules and there is only one module that is assessed in the old fashioned sit down exam. If you dont like group work, this is not the course for you. Every module, bar the one just mentioned, is based around team work. But the assessments are very interesting and the lecturers are lovely. They all come from HR/Union backgrounds so have a lot of practical knowledge to impart! And of course the most important thing is the CIPD membership you get out of the course.

As for opportunties for when you're finished. Well the job market for HR is very tough at the minute unless you have the practical job based experience, usually a minimum of one year. I have a degree and the diploma (I only did the diploma for the CIPD) and it is extremely hard to get work.

But the course is very worthwhile, expensive but worthwhile! If you don't have CIPD membership, then I would definitely go with this one. I think this is the only HR course in Dublin that gives you the CIPD membership. The only other way to get CIPD membership is through experience on the job.

If you need any more info, please let me know!
    Hi Sara,

Could you let me know if this course is particularly challenging? Do you need to attend all the classes?

I have a pretty full on full time job at the moment and don't think I could make all the classes!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Evannaoc

If anyone needs any information, let me know. I've literally just finished the course

Could I ask you about the course?
    I'm currently working and interested in studying HRM. I'm unsure where to go but so far NCI seems most appealing, and I know you did the course years ago but if you did it part time and you did it on Saturdays do you recall the time frame the class would be?

• Advertisement
Advertisement