Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P20 (riemann) Sunscreen

• 31-08-2011 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Just came across this in Tesco (Bettystown) tonite. P20 for 7.04 euros. Don't know if all the Tesco's are putting it on special. Its down from 28 euro's.
    I spent a week before my hols last june looking for this but a lot of places don't stock it because of the parabens in it (chemicals). I found it hard to locate it lower than 34 euro's in most places.
    When I got to my destination (Canaries) I found it at 16 euro's, but this even beats that.
    And by the way-thats for 200ml not 100ml.http://b-static.net/vbulletin/images/smilies/smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,231 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Shout wrote: »
    Just came across this in Tesco (Bettystown) tonite. P20 for 7.04 euros. Don't know if all the Tesco's are putting it on special. Its down from 28 euro's.
    I spent a week before my hols last june looking for this but a lot of places don't stock it because of the parabens in it (chemicals). I found it hard to locate it lower than 34 euro's in most places.
    When I got to my destination (Canaries) I found it at 16 euro's, but this even beats that.
    And by the way-thats for 200ml not 100ml.http://b-static.net/vbulletin/images/smilies/smile.gif
    There is a reason why you can't get it over here. It prevents you getting burnt but foes nothing to prevent cancer. I'd recomend parasol. It comes in a blue bottle

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Stains the fu#k outta your clothes as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭The Left Hand Of God

damn I wish I'd seen this earlier. I love the stuff.

As far as I am aware the reason it is not stocked in someplaces is because it doesn't block uva just uvb, so yes you can still get a tan/skin cancer and it is not sunblock, as such. Nothing to do with "chemicals"

I'm not a sun worshipper and not after a tan so I figure I'll be OK.

As someone with fair skin I love the stuff. I bough 6 last summer in the airport when it was buy one get one free...worked out about 17 euro a bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,231 ✭✭✭✭ted1

You do realise theirs a use by date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

From netdoctor.co.uk:
    Can I use sun lotion left over from last year?

Not with safety. Sunscreens have a shelf-life of more than two and a half years. This means the manufacturer is not obliged by law to quote an expiry date.

But both heat and bacteria damage sunscreens, so you should replace your lotion each year.

If your sunscreen smells off or separates, it is either full of bacteria or has been destroyed in some other way and should be thrown out.
    Keep sun lotion in a shady and cool place when not in use, ideally in the refrigerator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

1 in 3 people have an alergic reaction to p20. My wife got a rash and went to her doctor on our return from holidays. The doctor said "Do you not know about this stuff being very harsh on the skin." There are various bad reports around. I'll try and dig them out.

Can be used as permanent stain for leather also!

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/pharmacy-chain-removes-suncream-linked-to-cancer-257162.html

Advertisement