Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How to connect guitar amp to PS3?

• 08-02-2014 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I just got Rocksmith and would like to know how to connect my PS3 to my Guitar Amp please?

Currently my PS3 is connected by HDMI to an Onkyo AVR which in turn is connected to my TV.

If you need any further info. please let me know.

Regards

Iba

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

:confused:

You connect the guitar to the PS3 with the USB cable in the box. No need for an amp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Schwiiing wrote: »
    :confused:

You connect the guitar to the PS3 with the USB cable in the box. No need for an amp.

What I wanted to know if I could connect an amp as well/in addition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

don't have ps3 so don't sure what kind of audio out there is on it, would have to be analogue and then you would not be getting pure guitar out , you would be getting all in game sounds too , unless those can be switched off in game ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

This may not be correct info, but I'll help out best I can, on what I think would work.

First, I think you'd need one of these. PS3 Composite cables.
    mRUSrwktcSie0FWriXqM8Ew.jpg

And this
    100pcs-lot-6-35mm-stereo-male-to-2-rca-stereo.jpg

Plug the white/red cables from the PS3 composite cable, into the adapter, and the jack from the adapter into the effects loop part of the amp to bypass the amp effects, as Rocksmith already uses amp effects.

I think that would work. You're better off going into a stereo system, if you can though, you won't need the adapter, then, depending on the stereo.

Advertisement