Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ros na Run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

So I watched the Ollchur last night. Am I the only one who thinks that Andy just might not be dead?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Anyone know how
    Peader dies?
    I'm guessing heart attack...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Ah lads, I can't deal with this :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Great final performance by Joe Steve Ó Neachtain and an emotional send off for Peadar.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,218 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I thought the body Gardai story and David storyline were good.

But jayus the build up to Peadar's death storyline was very weak/twee.

The Maire I love you stuff and daughter I love you, family I love you stuff was way over the top and awkwardly shoehorned into the episode.

Peadar might have well of said "I am going to die now, but the writer wants to make sure the audience knows how much I love my family. It has to be re-enforced with each individual just in case the audience don't twig it"

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭The Wolverine

Love my Ros na Run so thought I might give a heads up on what I consider the Wales version of it I've gotten into its called "Pobol y Cwm" if you like Ros na Run you'll def like it on channel SC4 thinks there's an episode everyday Monday to Friday :)

Jesus I just caught up, Peadars death :( What's upsetting is his character always reminds me of few old lads like him made it even worse seeing it :(

He retired from it, he's been very bad since his friend Diarmiad who played Seamus passed. Apparently he called him to say goodbye hours before he died :(

Wants to do a bit of writhing before his times comes he said to the Connaught tribune I think it was. He's only 73 thought he was more he could have easily stayed on for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭maureencol

Yeah, I did not see the episode but read the spoiler so I was prepared when I did see it! I didn't see that coming at all previously. I loved the Peadar character. He was one of the "nice" people in Ros na Run! Won't be the same without him and Seamus!

I enjoyed the last two episodes. Plenty of milage to be had over tension between Katy, Jason, Di, John Joe and Mack.

The Peadar story-line was finished well with the plant and all that. I was curious why Bobbi Lee was so adamant at not singing when she normally has to be stopped singing.

I enjoyed the last two episodes. Plenty of milage to be had over tension between Katy, Jason, Di, John Joe and Mack.

The Peadar story-line was finished well with the plant and all that. I was curious why Bobbi Lee was so adamant at not singing when she normally has to be stopped singing.

The nurse in the hospital told her that her vocal cords had been badly damaged and she may not sing again.

What was the deal with the plant?

• Advertisement

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    The nurse in the hospital told her that her vocal cords had been badly damaged and she may not sing again.

What was the deal with the plant?

Jayus I had forgotten the thing about the vocal chords.

I think the plant will be just left in the square as a reminder of Peadar bocht etc.
    I expect that the camera will be zooming in on it every so often.

The typical old storyline of finding the positive pregnancy test in the bin.... Been done to death

Why is Jason being such an arsehole to Katy when he doesn't know about the one night stand? Throwing his pregnant girlfriend out of the house when (as far as he knows) she's having his baby... I hate this whole storyline, as dramatic as it is. The one night stand was hugely out of character for both of them in the first place and now Jason is acting a bit out of character as well. Why can't they let Jason be happy for more than a week at a time anyway?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I thought Jason would be happier to be honest - maybe shocked but would have been supportive. Certainly didn't expect him to throw her out. It's turning out like all the other soaps now where no one is happy for more than a couple of days...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

The one night stand was hugely out of character for both of them in the first place and now Jason is acting a bit out of character as well. Why can't they let Jason be happy for more than a week at a time anyway?!

Out of character for Katy? She is a wee rothar, so she is :D

Out of character for Katy? She is a wee rothar, so she is :D

Not lately! It was implied she hadn't been with any man for three years since Ciarán attacked her, it took her ages to trust Jason enough - and then about a week later, she sleeps with Mack without as much as batting an eyelid?

Not lately! It was implied she hadn't been with any man for three years since Ciarán attacked her, it took her ages to trust Jason enough - and then about a week later, she sleeps with Mack without as much as batting an eyelid?

I assume there was a few eyelids fluttering all the same?

I suppose they have to make up some kind of story in soap-land character arcs are not supposed to make much sense? It is all about the drama.

David might turn into a cross between Father Crilly and James Dean in a few weeks?!

Is it really a month since Peader died??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Is it really a month since Peader died??
    In soapland they are in a different dimension to us mortals.

I thought last night's episode was actually pretty boring. All this focus on the boys from An Teaghlach all of a sudden that we barely know!

• Advertisement

The last episode with the ring linked a good set of stories together even managing to shoehorn a distraught Maura into Pol's line of fire.
    Fair play to the writer all well linked.
    I also enjoyed Peatsai getting one up on Tadgh and the way they are developing the rivalry between the two characters

I thought last night's episode was actually pretty boring. All this focus on the boys from An Teaghlach all of a sudden that we barely know!

They need gangsters the only one that was there is gone...Andy.

Pól is the new Andy Og.

Jason saying "I'm doing my utmost to support you here!!" to Katy...after he kicked her out if the house?

Don't get this story at all.

Jason saying "I'm doing my utmost to support you here!!" to Katy...after he kicked her out if the house?

Don't get this story at all.

At least his father Tigh is a cute hoor along with being a bastard, Jason is a clown

Who is that Sally one anyway??

The subtitles are weird tonight...

Umm... I missed a couple episodes - how is the dead Andy killing people? Is Colm's mother actually dead? Is it a ploy to get to Catriona?

Umm... I missed a couple episodes - how is the dead Andy killing people? Is Colm's mother actually dead? Is it a ploy to get to Catriona?

Only Tadhg, Francis, Vince and Bobbi-Lee know that Andy is dead. His body has never been found.
    Colm's mother died from cancer, nothing to do with Andy.

Aboy Tigh his heavies made a job of Pól :D

• Advertisement

I only twigged/learned today why Tadgh slags off the Donegal Daly's by calling them "faduda's"

"Faduda" is the way a Doengal person would phonetically pronounce "fá dtaobh de" which means "about"

http://www.omniglot.com/blog/?p=6929

Advertisement