Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardai on camera

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Fruitlover infracted for leading a thread off topic.

Videos of the Dame Street eviction are ok if there are any.

If you want to start a discussion on the eviction do so in another thread.

And here they are.

Looks like a well planned, well executed and successful operation by the Gardai.

The only time i passed this camp was once late at night, there was nobody around and the only vibe i got coming off it was a smell of rotting rubbish and stale piss.

The area is a renowned pissing spot for late night revelers, but those streets are cleaned every night and washed down.

With the camp there I presume it just all soaked into the structures that were there.

Glad to see it gone anyway before Paddys Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

''They were wearing Garda uniforms and had torches and politely gave me 5 minutes to gather my belongings (that shouldn't have been there in the first place) and leave,they then filmed me in a public place like I've probably done to Gardai loads of times,yet I still feel the need to cover my face and act like I've been treated un-justly''

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Is there a way to upload video directly to boards? I don't have a youtube account.
    bluetop wrote: »
    What exactly has this to do with this topic, this topic says Gardai on camera, not a questions and answers topic, post also reported for been off topic !!

Post reported for back-seat modding.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭source

FruitLover wrote: »
    bluetop wrote: »
    What exactly has this to do with this topic, this topic says Gardai on camera, not a questions and answers topic, post also reported for been off topic !!

Post reported for back-seat modding.

Now that's some petty bulls*it right there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

source wrote: »

It's a joke; I didn't actually report it. Didn't you see the winky smiley?

source wrote: »

No smilies don't show on the touch site, I apologise for getting it wrong.

You smiley is at the start of the post not the end of the comment where you were trying to be funny.

Also, about that occupy video, is your man putting on that accent? What a dope. Armed Gardaí. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Armed.. with torches!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,526 ✭✭✭kub

Just wondering, that guy in the video above with the scarf over his mouth, is that there so that the smell of the BS does not go up his noise.

Also just wondering, I noticed 2 Dublin corporation tipper trucks leaving Dame St full of rubbish, obviously heading for some dump. Surely these tree huggers/ vegetarians/ vegans/ weirdos/ knacker types should be fined for littering.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭An Udaras

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

The award for most dramatic goes to this lady... My favourite part is when she says "SOMEBODY HELP ME; THEY ARE KILLING MY HUSBAND" x100 as the man is clamly restrained on the ground. Some people...:rolleyes:

Non uniform day for the mule with the shaved head ;-)

I presume he's a community guard of some sort but have to admit until he bent over when I seen the GARDA markings on the back of his stabber I taught he was some sort of security guard like STT Rail guys.

An Udaras wrote: »
    Non uniform day for the mule with the shaved head ;-)

I presume he's a community guard of some sort but have to admit until he bent over when I seen the GARDA markings on the back of his stabber I taught he was some sort of security guard like STT Rail guys.

Yeah Id say the front pocket on his vest is open and thats why you can't see the Garda lettering to the front. Those Rail STT guys look the business, vests and equipment looks quite similar to what the DF military police are issued.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

dunno how that young mouth piece in the blue jacket on dame street didnt get a cell for the night

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭wicklaman83

WilcoOut wrote: »
    dunno how that young mouth piece in the blue jacket on dame street didnt get a cell for the night

Because he didnt break the law

Well from what I saw in the video, his behaviour could be seen as being in breach of Sections 5, 6 and 8 of the Criminal Justice (Public Order) Act 1994.

Section 5- Disorderly Conduct
    Section 6- Threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour
    Section 8, Failing to comply with the directions of a member of An Garda Siochana.

All of which have a power of arrest under Section 24 of the same Act.

An Udaras wrote: »

I'd love to have the time to waste that these morons have. :rolleyes:

Oh, and lad in the blue with the bag should have been lifted to.

That's cause me and you are to busy working Foreign ;-) ha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Jaysus I'd have made sure to take that eejit in the blue coat with the backpack before arresting anyone else,he was very confrontational and abusive to the two members in the high viz jackets before the patrol car even arrived to lift the chap with the banners.

Disgraceful,childish behaviour from these so called protesters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭bluetop

525896_10150760545201369_122573446368_11413487_1565058711_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

^^^ Is that Brendan GLEESON ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

The award for most dramatic goes to this lady... My favourite part is when she says "SOMEBODY HELP ME; THEY ARE KILLING MY HUSBAND" x100 as the man is clamly restrained on the ground. Some people...:rolleyes:

If that was in Lagos, she'd have been slapped around by the police for filming it. Such appreciation for the political asylum she's been granted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

That lad in the blue should have been arrested along with his buddy, nothing better to do with there lives than cause a scene. I LOL when I heard the 'political prisoner' bit .

• Registered Users Posts: 28,668 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Well all I can say is, the Gardai in both videos have great patience!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

he did in fact

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭the bolt

Im not sure where the "bomb squad" are hiding but you'll see the diving section of the water unit at work in this video....

diving section,rotfpmsl:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Tyron Jara

foreign wrote: »
    I'd love to have the time to waste that these morons have. :rolleyes:

Oh, and lad in the blue with the bag should have been lifted to.
    Wowie that guy in the blue got way too close for comfort. Hes lucky he didnt end up in a cell with his friend!!!

Who's knows what happened after the video, maybe he did get lifted. I doubt he went on his merry way anyway.

• Advertisement

This was obviously a long pursuit that spanned many Garda districts, hence the amount of patrol cars involved.

Chopper is up too so no chance of them getting away.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement