Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D'oh moment

• 25-11-2013 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭

just had a D'oh moment,

yesterday i was driving up a bi road which is pretty wide,i was tipping along a little over the speed limit a marked garda car was comming towards me when i seen it i slowed down they obviously seen me and flashed the head lights at me i waved and kept going thinking they were just telling me to take it easy because there was no blue lights or sirens.

heres the D'oh moment were they trying to actually stop me?they woiuld have easy got my reg,thing is will they be looking for me?should i ring the station?will they call to house or will i get a summons in post?
    i really wasnt thinking at he time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭manlad

I think if they wanted to stop you they would have turned around and came back. The flash was probably just a warning on their behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭brian_t

I doubt that a Garda flashing their headlights has any legal meaning, that what they have the Blue lights for.

Maybe thay mistook you for someone else and were flashing to say hello.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Was it dark? Were your lights off?

If they wanted to stop you they would have. Relax!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

They were probably just warning you about the gatso van up the road :)

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭vinnie13

it was 11:30am i had my dipp lights on as usual so did they well untill they flashed..
    prop worried over nothing.
    i did pass the patrol car,traffic corps and the unmarked within a few min of each other i presume if they were looking for me when i passed it would have blown up their car reader with the reg

• Advertisement
Advertisement