Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Garda Uniform

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

A huggable, lovable service.

Hate to be digging up an old topic but any word on general issue?

August.....2020. Around the same time we'll be getting the spray (and the met will be getting flying cars)

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭ScubaDave

Saw a senior member wearing the new hi vis in my local town!

Unless she swiped it from a freeflow mule!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

the new patrol jacket is shocking! saw the phase 1's wearin them ,they look like black bags just pulled down over their bodys. no shape to them at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Saw the new flourescents over the weekend as worn by the new batch of Phase 2s.
    Horrid. Look very cheap. Sure they'll keep the rain off, but you'll be soaked from condensation inside anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭ScubaDave

No one hear anything about issue date yet?

• Advertisement

Saw the new flourescents over the weekend as worn by the new batch of Phase 2s.
    Horrid. Look very cheap. Sure they'll keep the rain off, but you'll be soaked from condensation inside anyway.

They should be the same as the freeflow ones, are they not? And you are correct about the condensation. Wore mine at Slane just in case it rained. Big mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Is there a new ERU uniform out did I hear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

Random wrote: »
    Is there a new ERU uniform out did I hear?
    Yeah.
    The design has really gone to the dogs though.

halloweenpetcostumes06wk1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭hammy140

New ERU Uniform?

Check out this months Garda Review, it looks very new to me......

I found the Garda and Police flashes very cool....

Heard a rumour a few years back that EU was pushing this thing that Police would have to go on our uniforms as well, cos it might confuse the New Irish. They might think we're postmen or something :)

hammy140 wrote: »
    Check out this months Garda Review, it looks very new to me......

I found the Garda and Police flashes very cool....

All firearms officers must now shout ''Armed Police - Armed Gardaí''

Its now an EU policy. Cant see it being put on your everyday uniforms/vehicles. Nor do I think it should.

(Dont agree with it on the ERU uniform either tbh.)

• Advertisement

The Garda review? Not something I have :(

Don't suppose anyone has some photos or the article from the Herald (so I'm told) today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

Don't suppose anyone has some photos or the article from the Herald (so I'm told) today?
    Ah, the Herald. Such a reliable source of information :rolleyes:.

www.gardareview.ie

If you email the editor im sure Neil would email them to you.

Yes, I appreciate the newspaper isn't the most reliable source for information sometimes but it's one of the things I have to work with. A couple of people have mentioned an article involving the ERU in it including their new uniforms and I'm interested in seeing it.

I really don't understand your response if it's ment to be helpful - are you saying the Herald article is all nonsense?

Thanks for the link to Garda Review. I was under the impression it was a "members only" magazine but I'll have a look around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭djtechnics1210

Im sure that uniform will only be used when in black kit, they won't be wearing that on patrol. It looks like the same operational kit they've had for a good few months. Its the same kit that gsg9, so19 etc have

Yes, I appreciate the newspaper isn't the most reliable source for information sometimes but it's one of the things I have to work with. A couple of people have mentioned an article involving the ERU in it including their new uniforms and I'm interested in seeing it.

I really don't understand your response if it's ment to be helpful - are you saying the Herald article is all nonsense?

Thanks for the link to Garda Review. I was under the impression it was a "members only" magazine but I'll have a look around.

It is and it isnt. A lot of papers get sent copies of the review every month. So maybe an email might get you the article

Here's an article online from the Herald that wasn't there yesterday when I looked. If anyones interested http://www.herald.ie/national-news/ready-for-battle-1844033.html

2807_garda_h_376582t.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Hacknabush

Got the new uniform and am surprised it is very good (looks good anyway) Cap was made in India and has an Englland label on it must be a british thing? other items of uniform were made in other different countries, God be with the days of GI if you remember that one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 PaulG1

The new jacket is better for wearing with the utility belt with but I'm not sure about the longer fleece? It will be a more comfortable fit to wear the vest over but won't look the best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭the locust

i've always worn the vest under the fleece and the new longer fleece seems to suit wearing the vest under seems better im my opinion. I thought it fit better but maybe thats just me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

I always wondered whether members used the belt loops on their old bomber jackets.

It was as if management preferred the 'belly' effect it caused.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

seen a garda today wearing a long navy patrol jacket and belt around it half up, is this the new one it looks shocking! is the bomber style one gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭I'm listening

shakin wrote: »
    seen a garda today wearing a long navy patrol jacket and belt around it half up, is this the new one it looks shocking! is the bomber style one gone?

Bin liners now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Have to say I hate the look of the new patrol jackets - every Garda I've seen recently (and I work in Dublin CIty Centre so that's a fair few) has looked at least two sizes too small for the jacket. Much preferred the look of the old ones, very professional I thought. These...waste of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭1922

to be fair the flourescent waterproof seems good....i'll only wear it for very heavy rain, same for the navy jacket

i'm keeping my old bomber jacket/fleece for colder weather

mountain bike jacket is the default choice for me though

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Is Garda Review the same one that goes out to retired members? Cant say iv seen that book in a while...

Advertisement