Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Last day on earth...

• 13-05-2008 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭

Right, so for some reason the world or you is going to end in a day (be it a disease, an asteroid, zombies, or a global outbreak of scurvy) How would you spend your last day on this rock?

Me? Hmm, probably lock myself in my local, have a pint, and wait for this entire thing to blow over.................or I'll just go to bed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Same thing we do every night Pinky, try to take over the world!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Brian_Uckfast

I would watch Groundhog Day over and over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Most likely i would feed my enemies to the mutants/zombies/chavs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Interesting question. Can we be anywhere? I want to be in Fiji. :(

I guess there's no point trying to get anywhere as you'll just end up wasting your last day stuck in traffic. So get as many mates together and hit the pub? Take the missus to a secluded spot and...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Go for a surf and go out with a bang.
    Enjoy the tsunami

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Killing spree.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Go on a mad one about the place, then stand on top of the largest hill i can find and scream abuse at the asteroid hurtling towards earth, it would go a little something like this...

(On two knees dressed like John Rambo) not in a ghey way :pac:

"Come on ya big fecker, ill catch ya!" and so on...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Yeah, pub to be honest.

And call every girl I've ever fancied, explain that the world is about to end and to meet me in the pub in twenty minutes.

Then lock the doors of the pub...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭RedXIV

guy i've been waiting for an excuse to punch in the back of the head for ages. This would do as an excuse

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Call/Fax/Email/Telepathicate Chuck Norris to sort whatever/whoever/wherever the problem is :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

To the pub:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Probably just go to bed and sleep through it. If I had an arsenal I may be tempted to go on a killing spree. It'd depend on what mood I was in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭token56

Eat some ice cream, can't beat ice cream

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

have hot mokney love with the best looking girl in town (hopefully consentually!:pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

24 hour drunken drug fuelled sex session with herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Watch the entire first season of 24. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Make a few prank calls and knock on the neighbour's doors and run away when they answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Punch Mary Harney in the face. Probably hit the battle cruiser after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Meet up with my family and girlfriend and spend a few hours eating and talking and say goodbye.
    Then ride my girlfriend til I'm raw. Or dead. Whichever comes first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

find somewhere with a good view.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

The guy wrote: »
    Watch the entire first season of 24. :D

I did that myself not so long ago (season 1), it should really be called 17.5

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Try to finish GTA4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Get a bottle of good Irish whiskey and a packet of fags and sit in the garden watching events as her indoors watches the last ever edition of Coronation Street on telly. Die happy and p****d.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I did that myself not so long ago (season 1), it should really be called 17.5

Yes, well you should really pause it and take a 3 to 4 minute break every time the clock bleeps come up. Rest your brain, grab a cup of tea... whatever. Y'know it makes sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Wild drunken rampage of rape, murder and pillage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Tell all the people I know how much I love them, and tell some people things I've always wanted to tell them/known I should've told them. Eat a helluva lot of chocolate, hang out with friends, watch Dschinghis Khan on youtube, shag some attractive stranger (chat up line being something like 'I normally wouldn't do this, but considering I'm about to die 'n all....')

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,423 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Meet up with my family and girlfriend and spend a few hours eating and talking and say goodbye.
    Then ride my girlfriend til I'm raw. Or dead. Whomever comes first.

Corrected that for you :D

Me what would I do? Id probably oversleep and miss the whole thing :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Tell all the people I know how much I love them, and tell some people things I've always wanted to tell them/known I should've told them. Eat a helluva lot of chocolate, hang out with friends, watch Dschinghis Khan on youtube, shag some attractive stranger (chat up line being something like 'I normally wouldn't do this, but considering I'm about to die 'n all....')

Not the auld rape and murder then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Not many people I'd want to murder. Girl's can't really rape, pity....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Not many people I'd want to murder. Girl's can't really rape, pity....

You can if your hot enough :pac:

Advertisement