Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to eat in Clonmel??

• 13-08-2014 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm not long living in Clonmel but I have family etc that are starting to come down to visit me. I have no idea where are the nice places to go out in Clonmel for food? I was kinda hoping for a place that is somewhat fancy (gotta impress the in-laws to be!:cool:) but also have some really good food :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Arnold Tanzarian

Lemongrass restaurant is amazing if you like asian styled food, its not one of those classic cheesy chinese **** holes we see around ireland, but a quiet up market stylish and sophisticated place to eat. I literally could not recomend it anymore its my fav place in clonmel and one of my fave places to eat full stop.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lemongrass is great.

If you or the In-Laws don't like Asian food try Befani's it's a Mediterranean & Tapas Restaurant very nice indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭martinak89

Oh sounds good! Ill defo look those places up :D Thank you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Befani's is probably number one in town.

http://www.befani.com/restaurant.html

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Two excllent Indian restaurant's in the town centre.

http://www.indianoceanclonmel.com/

http://www.planetspice.ie/

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement

Best of the Chinese in Clonmel is Emerald Garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭solerina

Befanis is fab...it will impress anyone !!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Just FYI, depending on where your visitors are from they may already have eaten at a Lemongrass restaurant as there are 4 or 5 in the chain in Ireland at the moment. So if you wanted something a little more unique then go for something else. :) That said, the food at Lemongrass restaurants is fairly good anyway so shouldn't disappoint on that score even if it is a chain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

Theres a place beside Befani's, Catalpa Italian Restaurant, I've been told is good, Mr. Bumbles used to be ok too, don't know what it's like since it was taken over, I guess you couldn't go too wrong with the hotels either, Raheen House, Minella and The Park.

• Advertisement

Fionn wrote: »
    Theres a place beside Befani's, Catalpa Italian Restaurant, I've been told is good, Mr. Bumbles used to be ok too, don't know what it's like since it was taken over, I guess you couldn't go too wrong with the hotels either, Raheen House, Minella and The Park.

Lunch in the bar or lounge midweek is a wonderful experience experience, not much used by the locals. An opportunity to see one of the towns old houses ( not bastardised ) in daylight, fabulous architecture. Price very reasonable in fact last time I was there it was under priced. Very friendly staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭pooch90

Wouldn't bring anyone I was trying to impress to the Park Hotel to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭solerina

Fionn wrote: »

Mr Bumbles used to be good however 4 of us went for dinner there a month ago and it was beyond bad....we wont be going back !!

Advertisement