Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Franks RedHot Sauce

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭SQ2

Tesco Maynooth have "de-listed" the product from the store apparently :(

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Thanks Vibe, will try that out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Pretty sure there are 2 types, . . . ??? Anywho, Super-Valu in Navan has baskets of the stuff.

Used in on a BBQ and its delicious.

Should I be tellin everyone, or keep it to meself?? :rolleyes:

Maybe some other Super Valu stores got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭oil painting

Hi I was delighted to come across this thread because i had been buying Franks hot sauce in Tesco in Clarehall for a few months now and i have been mastering the original buffalo wing recipe even making the blue cheese sauce from scratch - yum! but when i went in to get the sauce in Tesco yesterday they said they have discontinued selling it, eeekk

So i googled it and found this thread, Im glad to know it can still be got in dublin city, I was in a bit of a panic there, the wings have become a sat night regular occurrence! here is the recipe i have been using....... original buffalo wings recipe and blue cheese sauce.

http://virginiafoodie.typepad.com/gardenapartment/2009/03/buffalo-wings-with-blue-cheese-sauce.html

Another tip i have found out is that there is further preparation on the wings before they are cooked- they are trimmed its called lolly popping them, where you cut a slit at the bottom of the single bone wing and you pull the skin up over the head of the top of the wing and then it looks like a lolly pop! Hope that makes sense,

Also the oil has to be vegetable oil, or is it canola oil they truly use? I use crisp and dry and it really crisps them up.

that was my in depth contribution on how to make perfect wings, as you can see its something im very passionate about! When ever i make them they are finger lickin and everyone scoffs them!

These wings are true to the style they did in buffalo New York, but the ones i grew up eating were the ones in El Paso in Howth, Anyone know if the sauce is Franks or what makes them different?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭rh555

Anyone knows the SuperValu Headquarters phone number by any chance. Couldn't find it on their website.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭blueirishangel

Finally managed to get some in Fresh on Camden Street.Thanks to whoever said that you can get it in there!

Going to be trying the recipe on here tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coffee to go

rh555 wrote: »
    Anyone knows the SuperValu Headquarters phone number by any chance. Couldn't find it on their website.

Thanks

Supervalu are part of the Musgrave Group:

http://www.musgrave.ie/contactusa.php?id=48

Ok after talking to SPAR HQ and Musgrave HQ (Supervalu and Centra) they both said they dont have it as one of their regular products meaning its not coming from their warehouses.

The stores that offer it (spar etc.) do get it through BR Marketing which is the importer/distributer of Frank's in Ireland.

However Spar HQ and Musgrave said that you can go to your local store and try to have it ordered. It did sound like there are a few products those stores get through BR marketing already so ordering Frank's should not be a big problem.

I also have the code number for Franks original if anyone wants to know so it might be easier for the store to locate the item.

Anyways my Spar store is trying to get it through BR Marketing. We'll see how it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭ro1798

ok i can get the 1 gallon catering size for people if they want it for €30

http://www.americansweets.co.uk/new-franks-catering-size-1-gallon-plastic-jar-buy-bulk--save-1919-p.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

You can also get the 1 gallon jug of Franks for just over €15 in Musgraves in Sallynoggin. I know you need a cash and carry card but if like me you have a family member or friend working in retail then you could get it through them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Finally managed to get some in Fresh on Camden Street.Thanks to whoever said that you can get it in there!

Going to be trying the recipe on here tonight.

No probs, enjoy! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭blueirishangel

So, made the wings and the blue cheese dip. Cut the wings into the 2 halves which was a bit gross, but I got over it. Tossed them in flour, pepper etc.. left them in fridge for couple of hours and then into oven for 40 mins, turning halfway through.

Melted the butter with the sauce, added a bit of cayenne pepper and coated the wings.

Served with a whole head (right word?) of celery and homemade blue cheese dip.

AMAZING. I can't believe that I don't have to rely on E&C anymore!

Thanks to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭SharkTale

Just to advise I was in "Flemings" of Stepaside, in south county Dublin. This shop has stock of Frank's sauce. I asked the guy behind the counter and he says he has about 300 bottles in stock and has no problem in supply. Ironically enough they do the wings and drum sticks for the hot wings, so win win for all concerned.
    Enjoy panic over!!

If anyone still looks for Franks and doesnt want to order it over the internet the easiest way is to contact BR marketing (importer/distributer of Franks in Ireland) and they have Representatives in different Regions that can tell you exactly what stores in your Area offer Franks.

I did it, and through them I found a store 20km away that offers it. Beats going to Dublin which is on the other coast for me or paying crazy shipping and handling when ordering over the internet.

I cant guarantee that every area has a store that offers Franks close by but contacting BR Marketing is the easiest way to find them.

To my delight, I discovered that Cox's Cash and Carry in Newbridge were willing to sell me a 3.7L bottle, cash, no membership or business details required. €19-ish.

Huzzah!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

To my delight, I discovered that Cox's Cash and Carry in Newbridge were willing to sell me a 3.7L bottle, cash, no membership or business details required. €19-ish.
    i can think of some great drinking games with a 3.5L bottle of franks. can you imagine the damage you could cause! :D

and people think pear bulmers goes through you! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭nicol

Found a few bottles in SuperValu in Castlebar for those of you on the west coast. There were four botles left, now there are only two :pac::pac:. Hope someone enjoys them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

vibe666 wrote: »
    i can think of some great drinking games with a 3.5L bottle of franks. can you imagine the damage you could cause! :D

So do you think we should set a date for the Bargain Alerts "Beers" night ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 songbirds

Franks RedHot Sauce is on offer in Tesco for 99c, reduced from ?2.99.

Great stuff for chicken wings.

Mine was mispriced, so I got 2 for free!
    Hi can you please let me know which Tesco you managed to get Frank's Red Hot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭darkbeatz

since reading this post and the other 15 pager ive been looking hard for franks hot sauce. Ive been to Carlow(tesco), Lonford(dunnes), baltinglass(super valu) and dozens of spars. no joy.

HELP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭appleidog

songbirds wrote: »
    Hi can you please let me know which Tesco you managed to get Frank's Red Hot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce.

I rang up Tesco in Dundrum and i believe they said they had 3 franks sauce, buffalo wings, this one and another i am going later on this morning in 10 minutes or so! so will get back to on the situation.

good stuff keep us posted will be over in dundrum later this morning myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭wiseolsham

Any place in Cork still stocking?! Tried Tesco Mahon, Douglas and Midleton and no joy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

It wasn't in Wilton either the last time I checked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭appleidog

I asked and the staff member helping me said at lunch time they should have it

appleidog wrote: »
    I asked and the staff member helping me said at lunch time they should have it

in tesco dundrum?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 songbirds

Hi just phone my local Tesco store. The friendly girl told me Tesco stock it but only in the larger stores, Clarehall, Clearwater etc.

Does anyone in and around South Dublin (Sandyford to be specific) want a 3.7L bottle? I'm good friends with a local butcher and he ordered me in two. There's one spare in his shop, if anyone wants it, PM me and I'll give you the inside scoop.

First come first served.

I went in to tesco in the square at lunch and they have the nandos sauce there so picked up a bottle of HOT. has anyone tried it? whats it like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭oil painting

songbirds wrote: »
    Hi just phone my local Tesco store. The friendly girl told me Tesco stock it but only in the larger stores, Clarehall, Clearwater etc.

Clarehall Tesco have discontinued it, I was devastated as i got it there for ages, I bought 4 bottles in Malahide Spar the other day! I also add butter into mine when i use it and it goes further.

Advertisement