Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Timetable for DT315

• 19-08-2014 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows what the time table is like for DT315 (level 6 in business)

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭AlabamaWorley

I think most of the timetables are up on the website (If you're starting in September)

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TheBoss11

I think most of the timetables are up on the website (If you're starting in September)

Yes I'm starting in September and just trying see find out how the weeks would go. Would it be similar to a secondary school timetable? Can't seem to find it on the website unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭AlabamaWorley

I'd say the average day would be 9-5

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sniffmybutt

Starting this course myself in September and I can't find the timetable either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rachxo

You can find them here; dit.ie/timetables/index.jsp

Username: students Password: timetables

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 6YearStruggle

Hey!
    Did you get onto the timetable?
    Starting this course too and it looks like we'll be kept busy haha

Hey!
    Did you get onto the timetable?
    Starting this course too and it looks like we'll be kept busy haha

No, I tried the website with the login details but it says there not available. I'm assuming it's the same as secondary school timetables.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭gauchesnell

hey

I cant post links sorry but there but if you look under the thread called Masters Timetable there is useful information there.

The timetabling website is useless though so dont forget you can get timetables at induction/through he school

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rachxo

This guide will show you how to find your timetables :) dit.ie/media/registrations/studentserviceswebsite/ePortalGuide.pdf

Has the college contacted anyone when our induction day is.

• Advertisement

Has the college contacted anyone when our induction day is.

Nope not yet, access students are due in early September.

What about your fees did you pay them or are you waiting for susi to get back onto you.

What about your fees did you pay them or are you waiting for susi to get back onto you.

Nope still havnt heard from SUSI but I expect too in the next 2-3 weeks

Ye I'm waiting for SUSI to get back on to me too

Nobody has heard from them yet. Not that I've heard of anyway. You doing DT315?

Ye accepted it with the round zero offer a few weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭BonkeyDonker

PDf of DT315 timetabe for Semester 1 can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sdlzjyw1cvw6nwh/DT315.pdf

that timetable looks confusing as **** to follow and looks like a long week.

hey ya

DIT doesnt require you to pay fees upfront if you are waiting on SUSI. Make sure you register once you get your letter from DIT. If you havent received anything yet from DIT check out the dit.ie/studentservices website or contact them with any questions.

Induction dates etc are on the website except for the induction dates for the College of Business. The all generally happen the week of the 8th and normally you are contacted directly

Any queries call them...dont worry. You can call into the colleges aswell.

Hope this helps

hey ya

DIT doesnt require you to pay fees upfront if you are waiting on SUSI. Make sure you register once you get your contact details.

Register contact details? What do you mean?

• Advertisement

my bad ...apologies writing on a ipad

Once you get your letter regarding registration (only if you are a new student) you register online.

Part of the registration process is either paying fees or providing your grant application details.

I will edit my post

Oh right. I just got accepted into my course Monday, when should I expect to get my letter?

Direct from the site is as follows - remember offers are open for a week

What is the schedule for DIT issuing Invitations to Register?

The following is a guideline to the schedule of issuing the Invitations to Register:

For programmes commencing in September 2014:

CAO 1st Year Applicants

Round A and 0 - 13th August 2014

Round 1 - 29th, 30th August & 1st September 2014

Round 2 - 4th and 5th September 2014

Round 3 - 12th September 2014

Thereafter, weekly offers until places filled.

Yes I accepted my offer through CAO but haven't heard from DIT yet?

perfectly normal.....dont worry.People are still accepting offers and will be for a while :)

If you are worried make sure to phone/email or call into the college.

perfectly normal.....dont worry.People are still accepting offers and will be for a while :)

If you are worried make sure to phone/email or call into the college.

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Your in for around 15h per week, the timetable has had for the last two years 1 day off, usually a Wednesday.

The Link above is for both first and second years. Look at all the info and it says 1A and 1B, use this and you surname to work out the hours. A-O is 1A and M-Z is 1B.

The year is boring but make sure you don't fail any exams and best to do make a effort in Accounting and Quants as you will have them again in 2nd year.

Induction will take place the week beginning the 8 September. Access or Dare students are usually the Thursday/Friday.

Also just an example from the link above Information Technology 1 is listed 4 times, 2 for class A and 2 for class B. This is because each class will be split in half as the labs won't be big enough so attend the first classes to get your preferred choice as it can be the difference of going home or hanging around for hours waiting.

Is the course all exam based or is there assignments aswell

Got an email for the orientation course today. It starts on September 1st for 5 days. Can't wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Is the course all exam based or is there assignments aswell

Both, exams are usually 60 or 70% and the rest is class exams/assignments. Try and do well in the class tests and assignments, it will be a big help.

Advertisement